Notice Fleet Carrier Update - Known Issues

Prior to the patch, I had a fully functional game that I enjoyed immensely.

Then came the patch, and everything was broken. So far, so good, I expected that. Then, on the first day after the "up"grade, Frontier was all over the shop with running updates on what they were doing to fix the hot mess, which was great, at least we felt like they cared and that we were more than just cows to be milked.

Then, radio silence. Not a word. Nothing. And now they're presumably enjoying their "well-earned" weekend, and the hell with us idiot paying clowns.

I'm not impressed.
Welcome to last Christmas, and the one before that....

still unable to purchase a fleet carrier on ps4,noticed some other glitches were fixed,hopefully wont be long till patch it ,sitting at atagat at Glashow station,fingers crossed next time I switch on there will actually be a contact:) tierd of seeing parked fleet carriers ,want one of my own lol

@Tim Smith Could I please request an update on the following Known issues:

1. When is there going to be a fix for the disappearing Fleet Carrier Paintjobs?
  2. When is there going to be a fix for the Orange Sidewinder & Black Adder Connection problems? Having to restart the game everytime these events happen is getting a little tedius
Even an update on progress would be nice
Thank you

Deleted member 38366

D
Repeatedly tested with small amounts of Systems, selling UC Data at regular Stations still gives the "nothing happens on screen" issue after clicking "sell Page".

UC Page still has to be closed manually and only upon re-opening it I saw the expected "No Cartographics Data to sell"

Please fix the livery paint job for my FLeet Carrier - it keeps reverting to the default paint job on a new instance.. Considering I've paid real money for this DLC, I expect to have it fixed ASAP!!

I can't get the bloody bug tracker to load so it will have to go here:

UI issue, on the three reward boxes on mission completion you have the icons for mats, rep etc. When the reward screen loads the icons are misaligned to the left in each box, but when you hover the cursor over them they align properly in the center.

Its not a game killer but is visually annoying.

Here is another small one: Whenever my FC drops out from a hyperjump, I launch a ship and scan the current system. When coming back and want to dock, I always must at first cancel a docking request that never has been asked for (and also didn't open a landing pad). Otherwise I couldn't dock. Again, trivial, but looks pretty stupid.
Yea, this is an oldey.. It's been happening even before FCs but has never been fixed

It does always seem to be another carrier that's selected
Might also be for other areas that have multiple, closely aligned targets but it only shows up because the FCs are pretty close together. I've taken to pointing to a blank bit of the sky as I jump into SC and then aligning with the target after and that seems to prevent it from happening.

Deleted member 38366

D
I've now repeatedly seen the Carrier start firing all its Weapons at some phantom ghost Targets (?)

Nothing there and the firing arc quickly shifts around almost 90deg.
Is it angry about losing its Paintjob all the time? ;)

ELITE-Carrier_FiringAtNothing.jpg

ELITE-Carrier_FiringAtNothing2.jpg

I've now repeatedly seen the Carrier start firing all its Weapons at some phantom ghost Targets (?)

Nothing there and the firing arc quickly shifts around almost 90deg.
Is it angry about losing its Paintjob all the time? ;)

ELITE-Carrier_FiringAtNothing.jpg

ELITE-Carrier_FiringAtNothing2.jpg
Could it be firing at ships in another parallel universe instance since they are multi instance persistent?

encoded transmission begin --------------------------------------------------------------
Hello, commanders!
Dja Co-P mapping service reporting in... That is an emergency call for assistance!
A new and hard-to-track issue has been detected recently, introduced with the FC patch, but completely unrelated to so-called Carriers.
Strange anomalies has been detected in the normal ways of the Elite Universe.
Since the moment all populated space has been suddenly flooded with thousands of big hyperjump-capable ships loaded with LTD's and tritium, some others dozens of thousands of big ships supposedly responsible for transporting much less lucrative commodities have been suddenly ceased to function. At all... And that is not all the changes we are already aware about...
In brief.
1) Since the June, 4th (last server weekly maintenance procedure before the main patch) all the proc.generated traveling megaships (those with fligthplans) have stopped to jump according their associated schedules.
2) Also all Tip Off-related timetable-driven crash sites (their states are normally dependent on the same weekly tick timer) has been frozen in their states at the same date.
And I'm aware that most probably some other in-game weekly-tick dependent mechanics (if they do exist, and I'm not speaking of BGS) have ceased to function as intended by their design.
Both issues is hard to track and confirm (as they do require per week-observation of the related phenomena or otherwise established timetables in order to compare them with the present situation).
However at least for Tip Offs those timetables are available - in my signature both for Colonia and the Bubble, information about megaships and their flight-plans can be also found somewhere.
Here is a part of Tip Off timetable (as it was before the update) with some explanations:
TO_schedule_2019.png
I'm calling now for volunteers in order to confirm this issue (17285) - posted yesterday on Issue Tracker by commander Ian Doncaster (present confirmation status 9/10)
One of the methods to check this, for example, is to visit following systems and use FSS on targets (systems are in the Bubble, not in the center but not far away from each other):

systembodystate as it was in tick 5 (4/06)
and as it is supposedly now due to the issue in question
state as it must be today (tick 7, 18/06)
according to timetable (but is not due to the issue)
KuruB 1activeno
LHS 2725A 1activenp
AcanB 4noactive

Any help will be greatly appreciated
o7, commanders
Dja Co-P mapping service out
encoded transmission end ---------------------------------------------------------

Repeatedly tested with small amounts of Systems, selling UC Data at regular Stations still gives the "nothing happens on screen" issue after clicking "sell Page".

UC Page still has to be closed manually and only upon re-opening it I saw the expected "No Cartographics Data to sell"
Similar and possibly related: When turning in exploradata at my FCs UC module, I sell individual systems pages one at a time after checking the initial total payout. After selling the last page I get the "No Cartographics..." message, but my Commander's bank balance does not change until I close the UI and check it in another venue. Selling off all the data does not immediately update the Cmdr's balance.

There remains so much broken with the Fleet Carriers like the storage Ghosts giving weird amounts of cargo in use, the lack of proper maths used when selling data or buying and selling commodities also when I buy limpets or sell limpets back the amounts are never added to my account but they are deducted when I buy limpets. The inconsistencies with paint jobs and so on and so forth. When I sell data to the UC on my FC the systems dont get my CMDR Name on them. Frustrating me in the extreme. So I suspended the UC on my FC. Useless. The constant kick backs to the main menu by Scarlett Krait, Black Adder, Mauve Adder, etc.

Does this all seem too negative. Well it's all true. For one day I could not purchase a FC due to constant Black Adder failures. It did not stop after the update. These crashes are a major pain.

This all makes me want to stop playing until these errors are taken care of.

Last edited:
Top Bottom