Fleet Carriers - Community Wishlist

Like non-Horizons players can carry on playing in a galaxy where Engineers don't exist?

Frontier won't split up the code base that much. They even got rid of the CQC standalone (mostly) for that reason and it makes sense.

Like non-Horizons players can carry on playing in a galaxy where Engineers don't exist?

Frontier won't split up the code base that much. They even got rid of the CQC standalone (mostly) for that reason and it makes sense.

Nah, more like non-Horizons players can carry on playing in a galaxy where landable planets don't exist.

It's not really splitting the codebase, just a flag saying

if(!carriersInstalled)
{
displayCarriers = false;
}

Yeah, they could hide them, but what about any potential effects those carriers might have on the game/BGS/whatever? But it's probably too early to talk about such things.

You know well it's not going to happen. There is no new "DLC's" (aka seasons or whatever it will be now called) until the big 2020 update.

It's only a question of how they distribute the carriers update - mandatory or optional. Other developers produce free DLCs, so there's no reason why FDev couldn't.

As to whether it's going to happen - that hasn't stopped 90% of the items on the wishlist being added.

Well, if FD had spent the years between introducing PP and now updating it properly it would be "duudeeeee" rather than "dude....." type of responses. I want FD to prevent themselves from introducing another multicrew / PP type dude while updating PP / multicrew and carriers so they are duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudddddeeee as they should be, sans application of electricity to ones own testicles.

I hope you can spare yourself the pain ;)

maybe its just me but I think there needs to be something in it for solo players even if it just to haul your ships around like a mobile garage.

Who knows, maybe there will be. So far we know nothing about a minimum size of squadron required to get a fleet carrier. There may be no minimum, just a certain amount of stuff you need to gather or pay to get one for your squadron. A squadron can have a size of 1....

As you have mentioned, I'm afraid it's way too late for a wish list.

I fear all this thread would accomplish is creating unrealistic expectations so we're disappointed the actual implementation of FCs.

Then Fdev should give us some information to go on, so players can have more of a "realistic expectation"

Carrier Kits/Paint Jobs/COVAS*.

* Covas that isn't available on normal ships.. perhaps a different type of voice (deeper/more machine like).

YES I AM GIVING FRONTIER IDEAS TO MAKE MONEY! !!

Then Fdev should give us some information to go on, so players can have more of a "realistic expectation"

Here you go :)

The overview back at the 2017 Expo was:
  • "A mobile base of operations for Squadrons where its members can refuel, rearm, and respawn."
Source: Expo 2017 Livestream [1]

The 'proposal' back in May 2018 was:
  • "So the fleet carrier is going to be a very large ship, which members of the Squadron will be able to dock with."
  • "If enough of a certain resources is available the ship will be able to move."
  • "That's not on the weekly tick, it's whenever you have the resources to do it."
  • "There will be various other things you can upgrade on it, and things to go with that."
  • "People [not in the Squadron] will be able to visit your Squadron's fleet carrier, but they will not get permission to dock"
  • "They can see it, so that if we do manage to get any customisation options in and stuff other people can see what you've done. And if we do get visual representation of upgrades, for example, they can see what you've upgraded"
Source: Squadron Focused Feedback Vid [1] & [2]

The Teaser Video:
  • Suggests they can have at least 8L, 4M and 4S landing pads
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LobzUVTiYVM

Fleet Carriers that can be destroyed and have lots of cool 'splodies and with Elite Feet coming soon, the damage model should allow exploring destroyed carriers, which should be permanently persistent in the system.

Improved Squadron and Fleet interaction with Minor Factions.

I don't expect much more than a home base that can move and maybe have a couple of upgrade options for squadrons. Expectations in check. Still, hopefully FD been working on engine updates to enable more dynamic content and player effect on systems and integrating the politics and mechanics from one player all the way to Power Play.

Top Bottom