Fleet Carriers - Patch 3 - Known Issues

Thank you for the hint.. but y'all have to admit it is just a workaround. I (and my crew which is another 4 commander mining day and night) expect FDev to address it either way

;)
Of course this is a temporary workaround - for those who are really stuck in space with no Tritium onboard and don't want to wait till FD fixes "normal", predictable Tritium mining.

Dropping to several hotspots/overlaps combos and shooting a few salvos of prospector towards yellowy glowing rocks is not SO time consuming, and as my example shows, can give surprising but useful results.

Of course this is a temporary workaround - for those who are really stuck in space with no Tritium onboard and don't want to wait till FD fixes "normal", predictable Tritium mining.

Dropping to several hotspots/overlaps combos and shooting a few salvos of prospector towards yellowy glowing rocks is not SO time consuming, and as my example shows, can give very interesting and useful results.
Agree, though the crew is frustrated and as of now we will just give it a time hoping that there is any solution coming soon from FDev

Agree, though the crew is frustrated and as of now we will just give it a time if there is any solution coming from FDev soon
I personally like a lot when a bizarre and theoretically senseless idea turns out to be a brilliant one, because of some unknown factors we had no chance to know ;)

IRL even more than in game:)

Just looked at the update...

Oh dear...
Yep... Not really any information, but at last a we-are-still-alive signal, which is good in some way. Better than more silence. Maybe the Devs should take more showers. The best ideas come while taking a shower or a bath (True story: I found a solution for an aspect of my diploma thesis while taking a shower).
And maybe FD should share these ideas with us BEFORE they are implemented and break everything related AND UNRELATED. The community has also brilliant minds, which may help finding a propper way of fixing things. Yes, wouldn't tell this, if FD had not been proven of not having the skillset to get things fixed and tested on their own - see the last updates among the last years in terms of bugfixing, codemanagement etc.

Hey Commanders,

We have an update on our progress on the OP!

Thanks
Sir, thank you for the information.

But would you be willing to say what FDev is actually looking to 'fix'?

Tritium seems to be the biggest issue, but the fact that hot spots, single, seem to be borked, i.e. your more likely to find Alexandrite when going to a hotspot that isn't Alexandrite seems like a big bug, but that hasn't been officially acknowledged as an issue.

wait.. that's the update? i am confusion.. did i miss something?
First message: We know something is bugged, but we need to look at stuff to come up with a patch.

Second update: We looked at stuff, and am working on a patch.

this is good news! means, they are trying to communicate. let's be patient and wait until they complete the work, and then we will know what's all in it.

Ok, I may have worded that a little funky for the sake of a quick joke.

But my point stands. As far as I can recall, the January update was one of the very few updates that actually focused on bug fixing. A "few" of the long-standing bugs are still present, as well as a whole bunch of other bugs that have been recently introduced. The point of the betas was not only to test the new features, but to squash a lot of the bugs before they hit the live servers. Did that work? Yeah, for the most part. But uh... Tritium seems to have just about disappeared of the face of the galaxy though...

But my point stands. As far as I can recall, the January update was one of the very few updates that actually focused on bug fixing. A "few" of the long-standing bugs are still present, as well as a whole bunch of other bugs that have been recently introduced. The point of the betas was not only to test the new features, but to squash a lot of the bugs before they hit the live servers. Did that work? Yeah, for the most part. But uh... Tritium seems to have just about disappeared of the face of the galaxy though...
Yep. They did the betas, they caught a lot of the bugs related to the new content, they fixed the most serious ones, and then they made a few tweaks between the final beta and live and broke the BGS. Having fixed that, they then put out a minor patch to fix a few of the residual issues from carriers and some stuff that wasn't as obvious in beta with the lower carrier counts ... and broke a bunch of related stuff that would have been instantly obvious if they'd had even a day's beta test of the minor patch.

At least they're beta testing the major patches again... they really need to either give their patches a final internal check that's more comprehensive than they currently do, or figure out a way to run a quick public beta of even the minor ones.

I kind of understand when the minor patches break further stuff - it's a big game, and checking even all the commonly used stuff when there's probably only a day or two between the code being finalised and them pushing it out to try to meet the demand for fixes to the previous bugs is going to miss things. But that means they need a way to deal with it that's better than going through several weeks of minor patches until it works.

Hey Commanders,

We have an update on our progress on the OP!
Thanks
What about broken megaship looting / scenarios? Are you going to fix these issues (present since FC release) as well?

What about broken megaship looting / scenarios? Are you going to fix these issues (present since FC release) as well?
Pfff there are mission breaking bugs much older then FC release.

Like "destroy xx infected ships from faction xxx".
Mission USS spawns ships from every possible faction - except mission target faction.
I am pretty stubborn and have spent hours killing destroying zillions of ships to have the right one finally spawned - without any success.

Last edited:
First message: We know something is bugged, but we need to look at stuff to come up with a patch.

Second update: We looked at stuff, and am working on a patch.

this is good news! means, they are trying to communicate. let's be patient and wait until they complete the work, and then we will know what's all in it.
To little to late, after playing this game for years i am finally at that stage. I am sick to the back teeth of p1ss poor updates and lack of communication when its needed. FD well done at least you excel in annoying your player base.

I don’t know about other Commanders, but I personally would be more than happy to spend a few hours in a patch beta test to help make sure it was all good before it was released. This would strengthen the bond between the playing community and the Devs, showing a far more engaging attitude.
Surely this would be a far cleaner way to get things implemented, and would also be accompanied by far less salt...and we all know how bad salt is for you.

Top Bottom