Fleet Carriers Update - Downtime

Thanks a lot for the update Stephen, good luck to the team for tomorrow.

We used to buy the team loads of Pizzas many years ago. It's been a while since that happened though.
It seems that the Vine Adam made of a Pizza slice docking into a Pizza Box Coriolis has disappeared :(

I seem to remember Michael Brookes telling us not to buy more pizza because they were sent stupid amounts that broke them mentally and physically.

What about "A Festivus for the rest of us", the poor majority of commanders who will never be able to afford a fleet carrier. You know what I'm talking about, a community goal or Interstellar Initiative or something!

"Interesting" as in "May you live in interesting times"...

giphy.gif

I am really looking forward for the accessoires and the paintings for the carrier. How can you guys keep this secret for such a long time? 😉

Not familiar with the ballmer peak, are we? https://xkcd.com/323/
That's how we also ended up with Windows 8 and Vista.
Release a great Windows, they start celebrating, release the next one, which is bad, they sober up and release a great one - repeat!
Proven times and times again:
Win 3.11 - good
Win 95 - bad
Win 98 - good
WIn ME -bad
Win XP - good
Win Vista - bad
Win 7 - good
Win 8 - bad
Win 10 - good

Release a great Windows, they start celebrating, release the next one, which is bad, they sober up and release a great one - repeat!
Win 3.11 - good
Win 95 - bad
Win 98 - good
WIn ME -bad
Win XP - good
Win Vista - bad
Win 7 - good
Win 8 - bad
Win 10 - good
I hadn't thought of that before. The prospects for the next version of Windows are poor.

Win 3.11 - good
Win 95 - bad
Win 98 - good
WIn ME -bad
Win XP - good
Win Vista - bad
Win 7 - good
Win 8 - bad
Win 10 - good
....windows by design is bad :D Unix-like (Linux/mac/freebsd etc) rulez. I remember days when I was writting / configuring soft to make windows public usable by random users. While Linux can do all that by design.
When Internet happened, you opened doors to those "random users" to your home machine and things went horrible.

Looking forward to the first 'are the servers down?' posts :)
People might not have to come here to ask that question if, you know, the launcher window or support pages showed the servers as being down instead of "OK". Or indeed if the launcher window showed planned upcoming maintenance instead of weeks old news. As I don't log into the support forums regularly /at all unless I have a problem, I had no idea this was happening and bearing in mind I live in NZ I was just about to sit down for the only evening this week when I can play to finish an 800 jump mission that is expiring in the next few days. Marvellous.

1591689552716.png

Top Bottom