Patch Notes Fleet Carriers Update Patch 2 - Downtime and Patch Notes

Surface and sub-surface deposits on asteroids will no longer immediately respawn when re-entering the instance or switching to a ship launched fighter.
This does not seem to be in the actual patch. There are already videos on how it still works on YouTube (see below). Can we please have some clarification on this?

Last edited:
Unable to install the patch from Oculus, stuck installing at 1%. Rebooting, pausing it and restarting.. doesn't help. Still 1%. Left for the last hour.. 1%.

1593525922736.png

For when infinity is not enough palm surface to express facepalm.

The new galactic average prices should be much more reflective of the actual prices you'd see across the galaxy. Primarily this will mean that Fleet Carrier owners have more reasonable upper and lower limits for each commodity they'd like to trade.

2020-06-30_21_50_11-Window.png

I’m apologies, but I’m a little speechless.
A thargoid probe is 4 million at an average price?! Sensor 3? They're lying in the signals, take them-I don't want to. Why a biopsy from Hydra, extracted at the risk of life, is 3-4 times cheaper than poisoned junk just lying in piles in space? The game again becomes a refuge for lovers of relogs, just different.

• What are you playing at?
  • In Elite: Relogs.
  • How's that?
  • Well, time to relog 15-30 times per hour!
  • Wow, cool!

Could you please explain why what is achieved in the game by a simple collection is cheaper than the items that the player must sweat to get? What for is this invented? Nobody believes that the more spent on the production of a product, the cheaper it should cost. Why are diamonds many times more expensive than opals, alexandrites, and other -ites, which are much rarer than diamonds? From what reports were these figures taken? Why, after all, not make their prices at least relatively equal, so that players can choose which method is preferable for them, and not be confronted with the fact that the money opportunities of relogers are many times more than all others. Don't get me wrong, I’m glad that trade waking up from collapse, but choosed methods are ... odd

Last edited:
2020-06-30_21_50_11-Window.png

I’m apologies, but I’m a little speechless.
A thargoid probe is 4 million at an average price?! Sensor 3? They're lying in the signals, take them-I don't want to. Why a biopsy from Hydra, extracted at the risk of life, is 3-4 times cheaper than poisoned junk just lying in piles in space? The game again becomes a refuge for lovers of relogs, just different.

• What are you playing at?
  • In Elite: Relogs.
  • How's that?
  • Well, time to relog 15-30 times per hour!
  • Wow, cool!

Could you please explain why what is achieved in the game by a simple collection is cheaper than the items that the player must sweat to get? What for is this invented? Nobody believes that the more spent on the production of a product, the cheaper it should cost. Why are diamonds many times more expensive than opals, alexandrites, and other -ites, which are much rarer than diamonds? From what reports were these figures taken? Why, after all, not make their prices at least relatively equal, so that players can choose which method is preferable for them, and not be confronted with the fact that the money opportunities of relogers are many times more than all others. Don't get me wrong, I’m glad that trade waking up from collapse, but choosed methods are ... odd
you would think that supply & demand would be a factor, and after mass LTD mining it would loose on value... But then again, you would expect something logical to happen in this game... meh /shrug

Thanks for breaking the BGS again: Influence values are not updating on the status page (right menu). Only the station news are showing the new values....... thats just .

The whole SLF mining debacle and seeing how people can make 10s of billions in one sitting now is incredibly demoralising, makes me feel like my 1000+ hours were wasted. It's reached the point where I'm quitting elite until odyssey in the hope that it could bring engaging gameplay, which it won't.

Still unable to install patch, 1% installing stuck. Have tried deleting staging.. restarted oculus multiple times, disabled real time protection on windows defender. REALLY great patch FDEV! Sounds like it solves none of the issues it claims to have solved and then just makes the game entirely unplayable. Well done.

We could have done, but it wouldn't have contained any information on what was changing.

I think people just need to communicate with those who make their favorite game for them. Deep information content of such messages is not very important, in this case we can wait)

The whole SLF mining debacle and seeing how people can make 10s of billions in one sitting now is incredibly demoralising, makes me feel like my 1000+ hours were wasted. It's reached the point where I'm quitting elite until odyssey in the hope that it could bring engaging gameplay, which it won't.

Unfortunately, it takes a special level of understanding why Fdev have allowed mining to get totally out of control, what was wrong with 100m per hour? Nope, lets give players obscene money from a zero risk activity to make sure noobs don't have to play for more than a week to get a Fleet Carrier. The absurdity of the present situation, I just can not understand it. I am sure this is by some grand design we are not privileged or educated enough to understand rather than sheer incompetence.

Top Bottom