ANNOUNCEMENT Fleet Carriers Update - Patch 3

To this day, White Dwarves give me the willies. It's the only thing in the game that scares me. Get pulled by a purple haired CMDR in an FDL? Game on, CMDR. But jumping into a system with a White Dwarf? Immediately get sweaty palms and the heart rate goes up. Years ago, I didn't reallize that the exclusion zone on White Dwarves was as big as it is. And as I was traversing the star to make the next jump, I got caught in the exclusion zone just "underneath" one of the plumes. It sucked me in and dropped me in to normal space. I fought and fought and fought and 10 minutes later finally Kilo Bravoed. I lost almost three months of data and was a good five digits away from the Bubble.

I hate White Dwarves.
When I was still a real N00b I got killed by the same WD star in the bubble twice in the same session (yes, exclusion zone) and survived the 3rd by luck as I must have just got outside of the zone then :)

These days I'm a little less scared by them (I'm seeking out the classes I've yet to discover) but every supercharge with them is done with exaggerated caution compared to NS plumes ;)

When I was still a real N00b I got killed by the same WD star in the bubble twice in the same session (yes, exclusion zone) and survived the 3rd by luck as I must have just got outside of the zone then :)
Sorry, bud...but I laughed out loud at this. Twice, in the same session? Please tell me it wasn't the same star!

These days I'm a little less scared by them (I'm seeking out the classes I've yet to discover) but every supercharge with them is done with exaggerated caution compared to NS plumes ;)
Oh yeah, a neutron star is like floating in a lazy river. A White Dwarf is like drowning in a tsunami.

Won't do it. If I have to go 100ly's out of my way to gather materials to synth a jump, I'll do it. No mas blanco dwarf-o's para mi.

Sorry, bud...but I laughed out loud at this. Twice, in the same session? Please tell me it wasn't the same star!

Oh yeah, a neutron star is like floating in a lazy river. A White Dwarf is like drowning in a tsunami.

Won't do it. If I have to go 100ly's out of my way to gather materials to synth a jump, I'll do it. No mas blanco dwarf-o's para mi.
C'mon, getcher glasses owt! "got killed by the same WD star in the bubble twice in the same session" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I had only been playing a couple of weeks...

With White Dwarfs I just fly right to the tip of the plume and sit there for a couple of seconds. With a big scoop it really does take that long and I'm away without any of the bucking bronco antics of the fly into the cone technique.

There was one White Dwarf in the bubble I balked at though; the exclusion zone was larger than the plume, so I decided discretion was the better part of valour ;-)

What? How is mining tritium out near the perimeter 30,000+ LY from anything going to get me polonium?

- And I am someone... who has discovered planets around my remote location but, that doen't help eddb look them up...
Have you been reporting your data using EDMC or EDD or some other tool to the EDSM website? Because that is where EDDB is pulling it's data and if you're not sharing your data then none of your discovered systems matter.

Also laser mining won't get you polonium, but it will get you the basics. The mentioned it because you originally mentioned nickel, which you can get by mining a rock in a ring.

Edit: I see someone else got to you already. Carry on.

Last edited:
Have you been reporting your data using EDMC or EDD or some other tool to the EDSM website? Because that is where EDDB is pulling it's data and if you're not sharing your data then none of your discovered systems matter.

Also laser mining won't get you polonium, but it will get you the basics. The mentioned it because you originally mentioned nickel, which you can get by mining a rock in a ring.

Yeah - nickel was only for an example... I use eddiscovery and all of my data is sych'd to EDSM and EDDB. If I run a "sync" to eddb, eddiscovery returns that I have 100% of my logs already sync'd . If I actually go into edsm I can see all of my data. So, I just don't understand why an eddb bodies search doesn't find any bodies with basic elements around my FC system way out in deep space. Seems to me like eddb is not reliable.

Edit: I see someone else got to you already. Carry on.
I think rhenium & arsenic(not sure this) SRV only. Boron & Lead are laser only. All others are both ways. Including grade 5.

Deleted member 38366

D
Yeah - nickel was only for an example... I use eddiscovery and all of my data is sych'd to EDSM and EDDB. If I run a "sync" to eddb, eddiscovery returns that I have 100% of my logs already sync'd . If I actually go into edsm I can see all of my data. So, I just don't understand why an eddb bodies search doesn't find any bodies with basic elements around my FC system way out in deep space. Seems to me like eddb is not reliable.

I just tried to search the area all around my Carrier myself (in the same System since weeks), and EDDB gives me the same even on presence of basic Icy Planets : no results.

I can only assume there's a considerable delay between feeding data and that data getting published.
(possibly a spoof/fake injection protection)

I remember this had an awkward side-effect with INARA, which apparently relies on EDDB Data : I simply could not place my current System as a reference System for any searches - since INARA did not know that very System as well.
Only very recently it popped up as a valid Reference Systems (a mere few Days ago).

Also due to the 25LY limit of EDDB, I typically use EDSM or spansh instead for related searches since quite a while.

That's a boring stupid game. I'm not even suggesting that risk be tied to combat alone. There should be ..and needs to be, environmental hazards in the game to justify paying for exploration ..to justify for trading ...to justify the lack of humanity's expansion throughout the galaxy as fast as ships can travel.

There ARE environmental hazards when exploring, not counting that after your gazillionth jump, your focus can become insufficient to pilot a fragile exploration ship.

Last edited:
I just tried to search the area all around my Carrier myself (in the same System since weeks), and EDDB gives me the same even on presence of basic Icy Planets : no results.

I can only assume there's a considerable delay between feeding data and that data getting published.
(possibly a spoof/fake injection protection)

I remember this had an awkward side-effect with INARA, which apparently relies on EDDB Data : I simply could not place my current System as a reference System for any searches - since INARA did not know that very System as well.
Only very recently it popped up as a valid Reference Systems (a mere few Days ago).

Also due to the 25LY limit of EDDB, I typically use EDSM or spansh instead for related searches since quite a while.
How do you do a raw mat body search in EDSM?

To this day, White Dwarves give me the willies. It's the only thing in the game that scares me. Get pulled by a purple haired CMDR in an FDL? Game on, CMDR. But jumping into a system with a White Dwarf? Immediately get sweaty palms and the heart rate goes up. Years ago, I didn't reallize that the exclusion zone on White Dwarves was as big as it is. And as I was traversing the star to make the next jump, I got caught in the exclusion zone just "underneath" one of the plumes. It sucked me in and dropped me in to normal space. I fought and fought and fought and 10 minutes later finally Kilo Bravoed. I lost almost three months of data and was a good five digits away from the Bubble.

I hate White Dwarves.

Same here I got destroyed by one coming back to the bubble after 2 month of exploration...
This was maybe 2-3 years ago but even now white dwarfs are banned from my routes! :)

I hate White Dwarves.
The day after these things were introduced, and before FD fixed the way we jumped into systems, I jumped into a system, got stuck in one of these WD tails and died.
It was a slow, frustrating death.

I have a little over 1 billion on 2 of my accounts and just under 700 million on the 3rd. So not exactly bathing in credits anywhere :)

Interesting: "All that's needed is "can i do xyz in the game and make millions per hour and repeat the action infinitely and never die?"" always appears to be answered by the statement "You only die if you choose to" which has always given me a chuckle... Even in 'super safe' exploring an error with a White Dwarf or Neutron star can take you to the rebuy screen, a moments lapse in attention landing on something hard and with gravity can be 'fatal'...
I dont count "Not falling asleep" or being distracted by youtube as a gameplay skill. So no, absolutely nothing in exploring is hard or dangerous or risky.

The only negative to your "Rich Veteran" (are you one?) player scenario, is that your system appears to be biased for only those, not the aspirants - or I've misunderstood 🤷‍♂️

It so often appears to me that folk who are getting bored with the game wish to change it to something that meets their own 'ideal' - often discarding the 'non-vets' as something that needs to be scraped from the sole of their shoe... Yet it is the continuing intake of 'fresh meat' that is needed to keep this old bucket of bolts rattling the servers :)

Newbies and casuals are already being served by the current mechanics. they're hard enough for them...the income just need to be capped low so those that aren't casuals looking just to relax, will be pushed towards the more skill requiring / risky activities to make higher income rates.

That's why I dont make much reference to casual players or new players. They're not being underserved.

There ARE environmental hazards when exploring, not counting that after your gazillionth jump, your focus can become insufficient to pilot a fragile exploration ship.

Falling asleep is not a positive thing a game should cause it's players. That's not an environmental hazard, it's a red flag for anyone who cares to make a good game.

It's certainly not an example of how running into a star that they place you directly in front of and facing is a measure of player skill to avoid.

Top Bottom