Patch Notes Fleet Carriers Update - Patch 4 Patch Notes

Patch after patch after patch and even if one of the patches does fix something it breaks two others and we're constantly told that the team do care about the game and it hurts them when things go wrong but does it? Does it really? because I don't always get that impression. I'm not filled with much confidence for Odyssey. I love and live for this game but I'm really starting to miss No Man's Sky, please don't make me go back

it's every bit as (in)valid as the inane "OP mining profits == record player numbers" argument that keeps coming back like a bad penny.

Pro tip: Correlation is not causation.

It's funny you mention it in answer directed to me.

As I have shared my opinion that mining profits are OP even after the patch several times in this thread.

I don't understant it.
From 1 side people, which think, that they need hundreds man to mine fuel, from other side people, which think that NOW can refill tank in 2-3 hours.
Who has right? xD

Apples vs oranges.

Both are true.

You can refill FC in few hours of gameplay IN THE BUBBLE, by mining Panite (or other meta mining resource if it changes)
and buying never-drying 40k/t Tritium in Stations.

AND

You need to spend at least 100 man hours to mine 20.000+t of Tritium in Deep Space (and Colonia atm.)

It's funny you mention it in answer directed to me.
No offense intended, and not really directed at you specifically. I just get a little triggered whenever I see the "X and Y happened at roughly the same time, therefore I am right" argument. It seems pretty popular around here WRT mining and/or fleet carriers for some reason.

Oh wonderful another handful of token fixes, not addressing the core issues we've been trying to get you to do for YEARS in some cases.

You want the next expansion to sell well, you need to sort your house out.

I for one wont be buying it, and I wont be playing this pile of sh*t anymore so yeah well done Fdev thats one less carrier owner you need to worry about.

Try turning the filter for them off

Not even close to the problem.

There's a lot of bitter people playing this game at the moment.

There's a patch coming tomorrow, let's wait & see what that patch brings........it may work, it may not.

If player's are so riled by a game, played for entertainment, they'd be better not playing at all.
For some people for whatever reason(mainly illness) the game is all they have in their life so I can understand the disgruntlement from some. it's not just the broken things in game, it's how long it takes to fix those things, if the store or ARX broke that stuff is fixed almost instantly or within a day or two. It's also a lack of real communication from the team, they'll put up a post answer one or two questions then disappear for days/weeks at a time

You can refill FC in few hours of gameplay IN THE BUBBLE, by mining Panite (or other meta mining resource if it changes)
and buying never-drying 40k/t Tritium in Stations.
Yes done that twice still empty though

Not having the ability to see OWNED FC after turning filter on is another proof of "I do my job with the least possible effort" attitude of someone(s) who are behind this implementation.
If you ask me, the fleet carrier update in general suffered from a severe lack of foresight and planning combined with a hearty helping of "close enough" kick-it-out-the-door development.

Yes done that twice still empty though

I have read your story - no fun at all.

Still, this is a severe but separate bug that is not really relevant to the "We can't refuel our FCs" lamenting coming from commanders in the Bubble I was referring to.

I totally understand why you posted it here though.
I hope it will be resolved positively.

Thank you for the update. I await the patch with glee - whether it works or not. Either I will resume playing a great game or enjoy page after page of outrage from the disgruntled on this forum. :)

Last edited:
If you ask me, the fleet carrier update in general suffered from a severe lack of foresight and planning combined with a hearty helping of "close enough" kick-it-out-the-door development.

I would really like ED evolving into a yearly payable subscription game.

Or maybe they could introduce it with a major update, like Odyssey - make new content a "subscription " only.

IF

It would allow
assigning a qualified and adequate team to fix ALL bugs that emerged over the years
better communication with players community
implementing feedback-impacted game changes.

I know that would make SOME or even most of leave the game - but ED it not a MMO anyway, because of instances the change in number of players you meet on average per hour would not change dramatically - because we do not see the majority of them even in open, even when they are in the same system.

I don't play many other games since I got "sucked" by ED 2nd time.

Effectively, I would save a lot of money by paying just for ED yearly instead of buying several games per month that I ditch after relatively short time.

Around 8:45 I have ejected almost all my limpets accidentally and had to synthesize them though the rest of run...
And still made 210t/h rate.
Whoopsie, slow down CMDR it's not a speedrun :)

But theres no shortage of grind in this game, it shouldn't apply to a fuel source. I don't care how it's done, just give us cheap and plentiful tritium so we can.. you know... have fun? I know it somewhat chafes the crowd that thinks every single aspect to this game should be akin to hammering yourself in the junk repeatedly to see others enjoying themselves, but you may also solve the problem of so many FC's being permanent fixtures in popular systems if those CMDR's can easily fill up & go.

(...) I don't care how it's done, just give us cheap and plentiful tritium so we can.. you know... have fun?(...)

Maybe we are just short sighted and FD is right by preventing the Galaxy to be 100% explored too soon?
Sending hundreds of FCs into deep could make us reach this point very soon...

1595947577668.png

No, wait...
It couldn't :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

PS. AFAIR new systems are being generated in the background, after that system data have to be stored permamently.
Inklusive every rock that has been prospected (location and content only actually, not visual type).

I have no idea how it translated to data storage costs, but I see no other LOGICAL explanation for "crippling" FCs like FD did.

PS. AFAIR new systems are being generated in the background, after that system data have to be stored permamently.
Inklusive every rock that has been prospected (location and content actually).
That's not how it works. Haven't you ever played something like Minecraft and wondered how come someone can share their world seed and you play in exactly the same world as them? How an entire infinite world can be compressed down into a single number?

ED works that way - every procedurally generated system is just one number and can be generated and regenerated on demand. And the number doesn't even need to be stored since it's little more than the XYZ coordinates of the system (there's a little bit more to it than that, but I'm not about to write an essay on it here).

Hi all,

I'd just like to draw your attention to the edit in the post:

Due to an issue found during testing, the date of this patch has been moved to Monday 3 August. It can still be expected at 11:00 UTC with an estimated 15 minutes downtime. Thanks for your understanding!

Appreciate the update but this is going to be getting close to a whole month stranded in the black now with no Trit and an empty Fleet Carrier. Can you address that today?

Top Bottom