Patch Notes Fleet Carriers Update - Patch 4 Patch Notes

Yes!
We want EGG exploit!
We want FC for everyone, for free!
We want 100% of 100% LTD asteroid in hotspots!

We are the 98% !!!1111
:°-D haha .. (I wouldn't go that far, the pic was merely an atempt at humor) .. what about: give us the same odds as all the ones who allready have a FC now? With all the "advantages" they had to get it, or should newer players grind more to get the same ?

Thanks Fdev, I'm sure it wasn't intentional but it felt almost as though players were being penalised for something. I suppose that's just impatience on my part. Looking forward to playing Elite again sometime next week... Tentatively.

or should newer players grind more to get the same ?

you can't fix BROKEN part of game resulting in excessive LTD yields in triple overlaps
and
abusing respawn of SubSurface deposits

without making it "unfair" to players who play post-changes.

PS. if anyone feels like writing "but we can't mind LTD at all anymore - don't bother.
It was a general remark, referring to PROPERLY fixing LTD mining, not breaking it to the other extreme, like FD did in their last attempt.

Last edited:
That's a feature. FD wants you to leave your work in order to be able to play the game on the early morning so you can be online during the tick time and buy the freshly restocked commodities... :ROFLMAO:
Why we want the reduced carieer price and up-keep cost reduction. So we don’t have to break in any shape or form, haha.

Not at all true, although an overabundance of redundant statements is not good forum etiquette imo. But you really have no clue who is "in the minority" because not all Cmdrs post here on the forum, and the "majority" you imply is a vocal lot who have been personally offended by a lot of stuff and feel the need to vent whether or not they say things of relevance to everyone. Quite a few others have posted support for the idea that mining regularly to support carrier exploration is a fully viable solution for those willing to employ the method, and their posts are a positive response to an obviously not optimal (but also not hopeless) situation, a way of saying "here's what you can do now if you are ready to take useful steps."

The issue isn't really whether or not people want to fill up their hold prior to leaving so they have enough tritium to go both out and back or to mine along the way, it's that neither approach is particularly viable right now; tritium is expensive in the bubble, and mining along the way isn't an option due to the scarcity of tritium and the time required to keep the FC fuelled. It really doesn't matter what the prevailing opinion is among players, FDEV have already acknowledged that tritium is far scarcer than intended and are attempting to fix it in the next patch - that's really the end of the argument right there. I would much rather take my FC out as far as I can with a small reserve of tritium in the hold but mine to fill up my tank while I'm out there; other people don't want to mine while they're out there - both are perfectly acceptable approaches.

Guys, how I read this the carriers are now/will be sold to the price of 2 billion credits? Im very dismayed with this. You should, in all honesty, reimburse those of us who paid 5 bill. credits for our carriers. It's not fair.

I think you've misunderstood the patch note -- the 2 billion limit is on purchase orders in the commodity market of the carrier, not the price of carriers themselves (which remains at 5 billion) :)

That's a feature. FD wants you to leave your work in order to be able to play the game on the early morning so you can be online during the tick time and buy the freshly restocked commodities...

I must be very lucky, because changed tick time fits my daily routine perfectly.
ATM it fits exactly the time when I start my morning gaming session BEFORE going to the office.

(...) FDEV have already acknowledged that tritium is far scarcer than intended and are attempting to fix it in the next patch (...)

Funny fact:
If FD fixes Tritium by more or less rolling back to pre-patch state,
yields from LASER mining in OVERLAPS will be at higher least 150%, maybe even 200+% higher
then SSD/LASER mining yields (probably 160-210t/h) in single hotspot

It looks like it should make a lot of commanders happy

(me included, although some won't believe it, because I allegedly am an evil demon feeding on other's misery),

but

I expect next wave or complaining :

"Tritium overlaps ale so sparse that increasing yields hasn't really fixed low refueling FC by mining efficiency".

No "satisfaction" here, just sharing my doubts and concerns about "everybody's" next patch expectations

Last edited:
The issue ... [is] that neither approach is particularly viable right now ... mining along the way isn't an option due to the scarcity of tritium and the time required to keep the FC fuelled...I would much rather take my FC out as far as I can with a small reserve of tritium in the hold but mine to fill up my tank while I'm out there...
This approach is currently completely viable as I and others have demonstrated, as long as Cmdrs don't expect absurdly high rates of return on mining time. Even in a single tritium hotspot I've yet to spend more than a few hours replacing fuel used in each jump, and with an overage that increases my backstop tonnage in the hold. This is not due to luck as much as persistence and advance planning. Once FDev's Great Rocket Tea Drought is corrected, it will become just that much more viable.

Carrier owners who don't want to mine will need to develop other strategies to deal with the inescapable fact that there are no Rocket Tea Filling Stations floating around in the black, or at least not many. One change that could be made (though given FDev's recent track record I hesitate to advocate any significant changes) is to allow Supply limits to be set on commodities Cmdrs trade from carriers, so we can offer help to those running on fumes without having to put our entire stock of tritium up for sale. That was my original plan, but Frontier has made it too risky.

I generally agree, but i see a "core"(!) of loop of misunderstanding between you and your "opponents".

If you really EXPLORE systems every time you jump with your FC further, scan rings and map high reward planets, it is so time consuming, that 1 or 1.5h of mining Tritium for next jump is not a big deal.

Problems begins when:

1. you want to jump to several points in Galaxy far from each other in galaxy.
Or even one ATM, if the total route length is beyond FC range between refueling (buyable Tri only in bubble).

2. you get tired of trip and want to get back to civilization quickly.

You would probably recommend better planning according to game mechanics and stop "wishful thinking" and "childish" demands.

I would agree, some do not, and this is how this thread goes for 42 pages.

And what really fuels this thread is the fact that many of posters don't even bother to understand which part of "vision" how it should work / works ATM. is overlapping(!) and which is conflicting, they go easy way and carry full frontal attack on any person who seems to disagree with his opinion in ANY scale, usually after manupulatively pushing his/her views to the absurd extreme.

Last edited:
Well, there is exploring and there is tourism and there is racing, all somewhat mutually incompatible. I prefer exploring. Tourism and racing are both endeavors better accomplished without fleet carriers.

BUT.... carriers are so big and expensive, how can they not be optimized for long range racing/tourism ???!!!

PS. Kudos for very good conclusion.

Don’t appreciate the fleet carieer as much as I can throw it, In that I can take an asp explorer out for a 500 ly trip and have it done in 6hrs by-passing mining tritium and carieer cost and upkeep, will start to appreciate the carieer when it has an extended jump range inconceivable to my brute force, starting at a thousand ly per jump.

Last edited:
Don’t appreciate the fleet carieer as much as I can throw it, In that I can take an asp explorer out for a 500 ly trip and have it done in 6hrs by-passing mining tritium and carieer cost and upkeep, will start to appreciate the carieer when it has an extended jump range inconsivable to my brute force, starting at a thousand ly per jump.
Absolutely you can do that, and I can take my Dolphin out for a 1000LY round trip in less than 6 hours and earn around 20M or more in exploradata while doing so. That is in fact exactly what I do after every carrier jump, except I take more time to explore and earn more cred as a result. The difference, and it is a substantial difference, is that I can also carry a mining ship that has produced over 1000T of LTD so far, and nearly twice that in assorted other money minerals, as well as fueling the carrier with comparatively little effort. I also refuel and repair my ships and cash in my exploradata regularly, which more than pays for carrier upkeep. Should NPC pirates show their ugly faces (unlikely until I return to "civilization") I have a combat-tested FDL to dance with them. Should ETs become less than neighborly I can rig my 'Vette for 'Goidbusting. Someone once said that FCs were kind of like Swiss Army knives and I agree. I've carried an SAK most of my life, why not in my gaming life as well?

A mix of the above, and this,

Drydock-Large.jpg

... and a few other things.

But definitely not a transoceanic hypersonic jet for rich tourists.

Absolutely right.
Math behind this is very simple.
You can mine 250t Painite per hour in any bigger ship that can handle 4 mining lasers
and sell it at 980k/t what gives you yield worth
245.000.000 per hour

for 245mil you can buy about 6.200t Tritium at 39k/t.

We have to add time for selling Painite and buying Tritium of course.

You need about 12 minutes per batch.
Last time I had to sell in 230t batches to avoid price drop:
(some intervals are larger then 12 minutes, because I was wasting time on some forum probably)

View attachment 182326
6 x 232t of Painite, at 215k per batch (average from table) is 1.290 billion worth - you can mine in in 5 hours.
I will count 6.
plus one hour for selling

For that you can buy 1.290.000.000 / 39.000 = 33.000 ton of Tritium.

Then you buy Tritium. Type 9 can handle 752t at once:
Interval is the same - 10 minutes minimal, let's assume 12.

View attachment 182327

Well, we can't fit 33.000 Tritium in any FC, so we have to assume we buy half now, half later. FCs have modules that take capacity anyway.
This brings us to 6/2 = 3 hours of mining Painite, and 30 minutes to sell it. Plus jumping, we round it to 4h.

The worst part is buying Tri : 3h painite mining is worth
645 milions
645 / 33 mil per 752t Tritium, batch = 19
We round to 20.
20 rounds x 12 minutes = 240 min = 4h

All in all we have 4+3 = 7h of gameplay to get 16.500t of fuel for FC.

If we had tried to mine it, it would take : 16.500t / 200t/h /current SSD mining hourly yield = 82,5 hours.

7h vs 82.5h

Better choice is obvious.

And now Fdev will see this and nerf it like everything else :-(

Top Bottom