For you, what is the new thargoid variant ?

Thargoids have a less number of ship types than we do so it's only fair they get some looking after with a new ship type.

What is it to me? Hmm... From here in the Abyss, it is like a faint itch you can't scratch. A feeling like a duck walked over your grave, or maybe a goose - hard to tell. That glint in the corner of your eyes halfway through a long watch, that may either be your brain telling you that you are tired and should hit the bunk, or it is that enemy sneaking up on you to finally end your watch forever. Or that blurry blotch on the water that could be a whale or a mini submarine, or in the case of Thargoids, maybe both.

:D S

The statement was to the effect that something big was coming to Update 15, whether that is narrative wise or game-mechanic-wise wasn't elaborated upon. However, teasing a new Thargoid ship and calling that a little bonus certainly does suggest that it's not going to be just a few extra onfoot emotes.
Big could also mean large, like Thargoid Motherships at the center of the Maelstroms.

I have two guesses.

First is maybe some sort of Maelstrom guard ship(I've seen a freeze frame of a system name at some point, and it might be HIP 20567 where this teaser was recorded - aka Maelstrom Indra's location... text is rather blurry though so take this one with a grain of salt). Given the likely size of those things, it seems reasonable to have a smaller but quick attack craft available to quickly cover ground between different points of attack.

Second guess would be some kind of hunter craft to (try to) dispose of particularly annoying ships/individuals to the Thargoids. Or just a fast hunter in general. Which speed would also be useful for, seeing as currently only the Basilisk has any real chance of keeping the pace or catching up to medium AX ships(well, and the Cutter... or any Clippers used by particularly masochistic or crazy individuals, assuming it can match that ship's speed).

Though others' suggestion that it could be a fighter(or the Thargoid equivalent thereof) is also probable. We'll have to see.

Looks like a real interceptor this time, as per the role description. It flies fast.

newInterceptorZip.gif

I'm pretty sure you'll want to take that up with Torben Rademaker, CEO of Azimuth Biotech, in the T Tauri system. He may help you out...and may even give you a cool new nickname such as "Subject D-8"...

Be sure to let us know how it goes...
I don’t recommend the experience. Not from close to firsthand experience or anything.

(Just a weird reference to my RP, nothing to see here.)

I would love some kind of pilotable Thargoid craft for players but I’m not exactly sure how it’d be balanced.

This is Baby Interceptor, the thargoid version of Baby Yoda XD
I called Shuriken Thargoid ... from the Thargoid Ninja Master XD

o6

Top Bottom