Friendly Reminder From Fans

Hey FDev, just wanted to remind you that as much as you probably wanna sweep it under the rug, 97% of us are still looking for ship interiors. Be a dear and don’t roll with the 3% who don’t really care, that wouldn’t exactly be a good business model considering how poorly things already seem to be going regarding some of the “Alpha” mechanics.

We seriously implore you, listen to your fans. We’ve given a lot in terms of patience for a LOT of issues in Elite. Even if it doesn’t come with the Odyssey launch (which it should), it’s time for the community to get some TLC in return.

Last edited:
Correction - 97%
Correction 97% of OA viewers, which is a self-selecting group and can in no way be assumed to be a representative cross-section of the player base.

His question was also something along the lines "Do you want to see ship interiors?", which is a fairly meaningless question without proper context. You'd very likely get a similar response to questions such as:
  • Would you like new ships added to the game?
  • Would like to see more landable planets?
  • Would you like existing content to be expanded and fleshed out?
  • Would you like to see bug fixes and rebalancing?
  • Would like to see more new content?
A better, more telling question would be something like: "Would you prefer FDev to prioritize ship interiors over other new content, bug fixes, balancing, and expansion of existing content?"

Hey FDev, just wanted to remind you that as much as you probably wanna sweep it under the rug, 97% of us are still looking for ship interiors. Be a dear and don’t roll with the 3% who don’t really care, that wouldn’t exactly be a good business model considering how poorly things already seem to be going regarding some of the “Alpha” mechanics.

We seriously implore you, listen to your fans. We’ve given a lot in terms of patience for a LOT of issues in Elite. Even if it doesn’t come with the Odyssey launch (which it should), it’s time for the community to get some TLC in return.
Well, I'm part of the 97% that voted for ship interiors, but only because there wasn't an option for full atmospheric planets.
I still prefer atmospheric effects, weather, water worlds exploration over gameplay on legs.
So if you ask me, the next big DLC should be about atmospheric planets rather than ship interiors.

Is that the royal we or were you elected to speak on behalf of 97% of a youtubers audience who clicked on his community poll?

After today, my confidence in Frontier doing ship interiors properly is zero.
They can't do alpha testing properly, instead of testing until it's ready, they test until a set-in-stone deadline and then release no matter what state it's in.
They can't even do an "Armstrong moment" (their words) right.

All I want is to have an in-game control over the display colors and maybe the trim you see in the cockpit.

Is that too much to ask?

Apparently so, as the display colors are easy to change, via 3rd party apps so FD could do it, I'd even fork over some ARX for them. This simple feature has been requested any number of times with ZERO FD action.

Now you want ship interiors? Get in line, it's a long queue.

3 years of secret squirrel Development for a mindless 2015 era space cod clone that doesn't even have a revive mechanic, soulless cardboard cutout stations, and tacked on foot expo mechanics that were clearly not even thought about for more than 5 minutes oh and no VR for legs anyway because it's hard to do???

plus we STILL can't get up in our ships and make a cuppa or have any agency with our surroundings, yea that went well... I agree with OP. as KK said fade to black.. because in odyssey we are SRP's "surface recon people" :( I am UTTERLY unenthused and I used to love this game how can FD be so out of touch with its player base?

Some of the ship interior problems I see is that the ship design needs to meet their technical specifications, f.e. in regard to cargo space. The look /size of the ships do not always match these specifications. Also if done right, different module size and modifications would need to be considered, a size 2 powerplant should look different than size 4. Also an armored size 4 PP would need a different look than unmodified size 4 PP.

There is a lot of work required to make interiors happen and, maybe a technical parameter change of some ships would be required too.

Nevertheless I am sure interiors will come before the next addon.

Top Bottom