FRONTIER DEVELOPMENTS CODE OF CONDUCT (changes)

All I read is ''stop people logging out so I can kill defenceless space ships''

That's what all these posts amount too, they don't want too PVP with you, it's not PVP it's clubber v's seal.

Shout about the rules as loud and as often as you like, but until the ganking is curbed the logging will continue.

Go find all the other combat hero's that complain of logging and PVP with them.
Even if ganking or griefing was fixed regardless people will still clog

Last edited:
Clogging isn't always about losing your rebuy. As a multi Billionaire in game I have no probs with losing a ship. What I detest is losing an NPC pilot after spendinf months getting them up to Elite status because some idiot thinks it's funny to watch my ship explode.
Oh and while we're at it. Almost every time I got destroyed by gankers it was achieved by using some exploit or another. Or else it was by being
attacked by a wing of fully engineered PVP ships.
Before you ask. Yes I have CLogged but only after I was attacked over and over in the same system in an attempt to reach a destination by several different wings of gankers. There's dangerous and downright stupidly suicidal.
Surelly we non PVP players have the right to attend CGs and other popular locations in "Open" without constantly running a gauntlet of schoolyard sociopaths whose only reason to attack is "Because I can".

Here's a proposal to fix this.
Make combat impossible except in combat zones or rez sites.
Make any successful interdiction a combat zone by mutual consent. IE by turning off "Report Crimes"
Make any other zone iether combat free, or else have a terrifying and overwhelming police response like we were used to in the '84 version of the game.
Pirating would still work normally in terms of releasing cargo with hatch breakers or module damage. PP would have to work in some fashion too I guess.

o7

Last edited:
ah thanks for clearing that one up, I would rep you but they got away with the green bars which I do miss however I will like your post.
A pvp toggle will ruin the game , permantly. It would upset alot of players in the community who actually like to use their hardpoints on something other than a npc.

Clogging isn't always about losing your rebuy. As a multi Billionaire in game I have no probs with losing a ship. What I detest is losing an NPC pilot after spendinf months getting them up to Elite status because some idiot thinks it's funny to watch my ship explode.
Oh and while we're at it. Almost every time I got destroyed by gankers it was achieved by using some exploit or another. Or else it was by being
Before you ask. Yes I have CLogged but only after I was attacked over and over in the same system in an attempt to reach a destination by several different wings of gankers. There's dangerous and downright stupidly suicidal.
Surelly we non PVP players have the right to attend CGs and other popular locations in "Open" without constantly running a gauntlet of schoolyard sociopaths whose only reason to attack is "Because I can".

Make any successful interdiction a combat zone by mutual consent. IE by turning off "Report Crimes"
Make any other zone iether combat free, or else have a terrifying and overwhelming police response like we were used to in the '84 version of the game.
Pirating would still work normally in terms of releasing cargo with hatch breakers or module damage. PP would have to work in some fashion too I guess.

o7
Why fix something that is not broke ? Missed my question for this thread , it was simply did frontier change the service terms of agreement by re dacting the statement they used to have regarding logging, and if so , how does this effect pvp? They should not go changing the core pvp mechanics of the game , they are bad enough as it sits now with people being able to log and get away with it or fly in solo mode after logging to reach their destination.

I have to say at this point that while we're discussing the ambiguity of the game rules, the forum rules are clear; advocating game exploits is not allowed.
As a participant of the thread I should avoid moderating it, so don't make me have to call The Yaffle 👮

A pvp toggle will ruin the game , permantly. It would upset alot of players in the community who actually like to use their hardpoints on something other than a npc.
That's rubbish. There would still be plenty of players more than happy to engange in a battle. Especially if RP was involved.
Nobody regards true RP combat or Piracy as ganking since most pirates will only destroy you if you don't hand over some cargo, nor will they even attack you if you have none.

Recently I was attacked and destroyed by a member of a group that I suppose have appointed themselves as some form of blockade fpr an Engineering site. I had no shields, cargo or weapons but I was attacked anyway for not knowing a password of the day. Was that ganking? I don't know. It was annoying and unnecessary though. However it was at least RP so would qualify as legit were it not for the fact that they took advantage of the fact that the planetary bases aren't always able to destroy you in time for violating no fire zones..

As an addendum to my earlier post. Perhaps there could be Sandbox systems where noobs would be completely safe from harm Maybe protected by some form of Guadian tech installation .

o7

o7
I agree with nothing with your comment, you lost your pilot which you spent months building up, tough, its elite dangerous not elite concent, if you constantly keep getting killed why keep trying when yiu coukd get off the game or go into private to get out if the spawn killing. There is no acceptable reason to clog on a player.

well, what he said was actually counter factual, not hyperbolic, and while not provable is assumable.
Its been claimed in other places with similar lines of 'even if you solve x, y will still happen' and often without any real evidence or experiences behind it, sure anything 'can' happen and sure some people can even if things are fixed continue to combat log.
But pulling out entirely fictive numbers.
if with fixing ganking and griefing, we go from 1000 people a day combat logging, to 1 a day.
Then it definitely fixes most of the problem and would be worth it, dismissing something that would improve the game, because a small percentage of people might still might try to misuse the game. Can't just dismiss something that would be 99% positive, because of 1% negative, especially when that distribution is significantly different currently.

I think the actual design flaw in the game is exactly this: the discussion of Open Play shouldn't revolve around PvP. It should be about community. PvP should be optional in Open. Meet anyone but define what experience you're up for. Even if it was optional, I'm sure many players would be up for PvP so there would be no shortage of action to those who desire it. But right now there's a shortage of community interaction because those who don't want PvP (either because their ships are not built for that or simply don't like it) are forced into small groups. I do think it should be the other way around. The community should be one and those who want to fight each other should be able to without harassing those who don't. The game modes are now designed the opposite way.

I think the actual design flaw in the game is exactly this: the discussion of Open Play shouldn't revolve around PvP. It should be about community. PvP should be optional in Open. Meet anyone but define what experience you're up for. Even if it was optional, I'm sure many players would be up for PvP so there would be no shortage of action to those who desire it. But right now there's a shortage of community interaction because those who don't want PvP (either because their ships are not built for that or simply don't like it) are forced into small groups. I do think it should be the other way around. The community should be one and those who want to fight each other should be able to without harassing those who don't. The game modes are now designed the opposite way.
I agree, though I would say this isn't a problem with the game as such, if any problem with the game it is that the game gives us too much freedom.
Because this problem is not only with Elite, but with many other games as well that allow the freedom to shoot people at any time.
Generally I do not see it as actual PvP especially when it ends up being griefing and ganking, the problem in this is the entitlement of those people and the arguments used to defend those actions.
And I do not see griefing as PvP, and unfortunately these kinds of people thanks to the internet can easily group up together and form a group defence and claim to be PvP'ers and such, it is a community issue rather then a game issue in my book.

I am curious , because today once again , I had a individual who chose to log on me after I engaged with him. It's simple , if you don't want to fight players , don't play in open , which in my opinion , is ruining the game. But on to the point here, I have studied the code of conduct in the past from frontier developements regarding pvp and other possible violations that could get you banned. Before they had in there a statement regarding logging , and how it was a bannable offense. I re read and re checked twice today on this and it now has been altered and is no longer there. So if that is the case , then frontier openly is saying it is ok to log on players? What kind of game is this ? CAREBARE city ? anti pvp ? IF I am correct on this , that just goes to show how downhill this game has become in regards to other players engaging in combat with other real players , and if thats the case they might as well take away all the engineers for weapons and special weapons obtained through powerplay. It is utterly pointless if this is no longer part of their code of conduct . There already was a problem having no check system in place to have measures taken against players logging , but taking it out of the code of conduct says it all. Please correct me if I am wrong but again I have re read the entire deal two times today just to make sure.

Unfortunately mate, this game has gone the way of the care bear a long time ago. Frankly, it's why I hardly log on anymore. This game is sooo boring because no one wants to handle any interaction at all unless it is limited to a smile and a wave. Pirating and killing (though theyre not one in the same) are so frowned upon it makes this game anything but dangerous. It would be laughable if it wasnt such a waste.

I truly long for the space game that has truly open world interactions with all of the good and the bad that comes with that.

As for getting rid of engineers and special weapons that's what Thargoids are for ;)

They will kill off all powerplay and engineers unless somehow we can pull a ace out of our sleeve and turn it around :)

I agree with nothing with your comment, you lost your pilot which you spent months building up, tough, its elite dangerous not elite concent, if you constantly keep getting killed why keep trying when yiu coukd get off the game or go into private to get out if the spawn killing. There is no acceptable reason to clog on a player.
It's this sort of attitude that makes Open a ghost town. Personally I always play in open but avoid the galaxy hotspots I see the odd Cmdr but have only been attacked once.

I have to say at this point that while we're discussing the ambiguity of the game rules, the forum rules are clear; advocating game exploits is not allowed.
As a participant of the thread I should avoid moderating it, so don't make me have to call The Yaffle 👮

I think the question raised by the OP is whether combat logging is still considered an exploit in the Code of Conduct as it is not explicitly mentioned. I think the line "We do not tolerate the use of any exploits or taking advantage of any bugs in the game to generate a significant player advantage" is intended to cover that but, on re-reading it I can see that the OP may have a point.

It's that last bit "significant player advantage".

What constitutes a "significant player advantage"?

Is merely avoiding death a "significant player advantage"?

Top Bottom