Frontier Expo ED Speculation

Let's hope they show a way of making credits for the mid-gamers that doesn't involve taking out a second mortgage on the amount of game time we need to invest to get anywhere.

The Frontier Expo is Saturday October 7 in London. They'll show Jurassic World Evolution and new information about Elite Dangerous season 3.

Season 3 is primarily about core game improvements. We might get atmospheric landings and space legs inside ships.

What do you think they'll show for ED?

If my heads spins , you know I'm in one of those weird movies, cause nothing in any season has spun my wheels or HEAD

...Well maybe landing on planets but the 'beige' did me in, after awhile.

Let's hope they show a way of making credits for the mid-gamers that doesn't involve taking out a second mortgage on the amount of game time we need to invest to get anywhere.

Anything is possible in the magical BGS economy 101

My expectation is that I will be shown the next paid installment of the Elite franchise. Even if it won't be available until Christmas 2018.

High 'expedition'.. the next ED novel whoops I meant expectation, 'the next paid installment of the Elite franchise 'exploration' Even if it won't be available until Christmas 2018'

Last edited:
I'm expecting something decent for 3.0. Nobody's going to pay for "core game enhancements". Those should be free like 1.4.

Quite sure the Expo will be delayed by 90 mins due to an update, Most likely nerf the chairs and all attendee's will have to stand on one foot singing "God Save The Queen".

Jokes aside, hopefully they actually look at doing something constructive for 3.0 and not nerfing Elite into the ground that S2 has been most about.

They did say that they will talk about ED post Horizons (errr... 2.4) so we can expect a good chunk of the event to be dedicated to ED.

Anyway, i wish they'd announce that they plan to improve/expand on the features they launched from 2.1 - 2.4 and well... new stuff.

Except that the specifically said that this event was aimed at revealing stuff about post 2.4 plans.....so I sense that your post is more about your own rampant negativity than it is about the reality.

It's not "rampant negativity" that fuels my skepticism, it is my failing hope for the the future of the game due to the past few years. I sincerely want you to be correct because I'd love for the Expo to be all about 3.0 with lots of detailed information and sneak previews of things they've been working on. Actual stuff for non-combat players to look forward to, that would be fantastic. I just doubt that it will be.

Looking forward to the possibility of eating my words though, man do I hope you are right.

Quite sure the Expo will be delayed by 90 mins due to an update, Most likely nerf the chairs and all attendee's will have to stand on one foot singing "God Save The Queen".

Jokes aside, hopefully they actually look at doing something constructive for 3.0 and not nerfing Elite into the ground that S2 has been most about.

LOL, payouts are heavily inflated in season 2 as compared to season 1. It took my 1/6th as long to get a Cobra Mk III in Season 2 than it took me to originally get it in Season 1.

The Frontier Expo is Saturday October 7 in London. They'll show Jurassic World Evolution and new information about Elite Dangerous season 3.

Season 3 is primarily about core game improvements. We might get atmospheric landings and space legs inside ships.

Face covering clothing. :)

The Sex Pistols cover? :)

Hi all,

I don't expect anything, but I have dreams :)

I hope they'll cure the beige plaque and introduce atmospheric landings (on hmc planets and rocky worlds). Also I would love to see atmospheric features on planets (stroms, lightnings, volcanos), also on gas giants. Black holes should be very dangerous etc.

What I want to see are detailed improvements to the "core game."

1. PowerPlay is out, Tier 2 and 3 NPCs and factions are fully integrated into the BGS!
2. Fleshed out Military Careers, with benefits to ranks as well as special military missions!
3. Fleshed out Elite Rankings! (Make each rank promotion in each career a test, not just a counter)
4. Come hell or high water, we're going to fix wings/instancing/multicrew so that we can finally implement...
5. Co-Op missions and gameplay!
6. Conflict Zones fleshed out, as detailed in this post! https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...rs-with-combat-missions?p=5986595#post5986595
7. All those Megaships and Mega Structures/CQC Assets are given purpose in the game for missions and wars. Fierce, entertaining dogfights around all of them!
8. NPC crews, giving a reason for 3 spots in the crew lounge, with co-pilots who can do orbital approaches and dock to an engineer who can fix systems like an AFSU to a science officer who can scan wakes and planets, as well as operate various limpets.
8a. Why not make the NPC's visible in the ship using Holo Mes?
8b. While we're dreaming, let's enable all of these positions for multicrew.

And last and so very least in the game so far...

9. Something for the many, many frustrated Explorers looking for new and exciting things to see and do in deep space, from accretion disks around stars and black holes to comets, asteroids... ancient alien ruins, randomly generated rare natural wonders like Olympus Mons and Grand Canyons on a galactic scale, all which is recorded in an in-game database for other pilots to enjoy. Gameplay additions to scanning, replacing the almighty HONK, multicrew exploration where an exploration crew can work together to analyze their findings. Oh hell, just go into the Exploration forum and dig up the top 10 requests there, and just do ONE of them.
9a. And for god's sakes fix the beige plague already.

Think this is asking too much? Probably.

So my expectation is that like others well see a lot of Jurassic Coaster related stuff, but for ED we'll only hear some things "they'd love to do" from "the list," soon(TM).

Last edited:
After the last 2.4 update, Players hopes for Elite Dangerous now hinges on Frontiers Expo, to learn if the Dreamer having this dream called Elite Dangerous has woken up and moved on,
or is in fact, fast asleep and at the wheel ! .....[noob]

Die hards,[alien] Fanboys[heart], the loyal [up], and the somewhat stupid :D ( my boat) are miserably wishing the 10 year plan is true, and all the 'good stuff' is yet to come. ( cant wait to get in my Cobra )

I am assuming we will be seeing some of the core updates they have been working on. Military ranks, a better Power play, exploration mechanics etc.

We may get a look at what expansion 3.0 too. My bet would be basic atmospheric planets or gas giants.

After the last 2.4 update, Players hopes for Elite Dangerous now hinges on Frontiers Expo, to learn if the Dreamer having this dream called Elite Dangerous has woken up and moved on,
or is in fact, fast asleep and at the wheel ! .....[noob]

Die hards,[alien] Fanboys[heart], the loyal [up], and the somewhat stupid :D ( my boat) are miserably wishing the 10 year plan is true, and all the 'good stuff' is yet to come. ( cant wait to get in my Cobra )

Does it? I am very much enjoying the game and enjoying 2.4. Sure there are a lot of issues and areas that need to be better.

Last edited:

I think that they will - and they should - stick to their vision. Whatever they show will have haters running to the fridge for their Haterade, and they cannot win with some...so ignore them, and make the thing you planned on making, in its boldest strokes...if you want to tweak the edges, fine, but stick with your vision...it's your vision, and not the haters, that got you this far, period.

I think they should better be able to show anything, because the last 5 days managed to make people mad across the board, equally ing off those who care about the thargoids and those who don't.

Between the thargoid band aid, the missions nerfs and the community submission shutdown, I don't think they skipped giving the middle finger to any sub-set of players except probably explorers, who instead are still mad about their planet colours.

So...I think FD is about have some fun trying to salvage this mess.

You're in the diplomatic corps? I find that hard to believe.

The little information we've been given by FDevs suggest that we're getting a reworking of what already exists, so that's what I'm expecting. If I'm very lucky, FDevs will decide that Metal2 allows the development of macOS Horizons, but that guess counts as my unreasonable expectation for this thread.

I think that they will - and they should - stick to their vision. Whatever they show will have haters running to the fridge for their Haterade, and they cannot win with some...so ignore them, and make the thing you planned on making, in its boldest strokes...if you want to tweak the edges, fine, but stick with your vision...it's your vision, and not the haters, that got you this far, period.

^^ classic stuff, and underpins how Die hards,[alien] Fanboys[heart], the loyal [up], and the somewhat stupid :D ( my boat) think of Elite Dangerous, and it is 'Visionary', this has never been lost on those who post / play and its that vision everyone wants, the entire Elite Dangerous community , have no fear in saying , wants Frontier to focus on Quality of Life Improvement-core Game mechanics.

So many horses for courses in Elite Dangerous, yet truly there's only one 'course' and that's OPEN

And the only way for OPEN to work is to deal with Quality of Life Improvement-core Game mechanics.

Last edited:
Top Bottom