Frontier please add animations for boarding ships and have the ability to walk around in our cockpits.

Like the title says, elite needs some form of ship interior, it's far from full ship interiors however, it's something that seems easier for Fdev to do, due to the cockpits being already modelled and most if not all have doors at the back of the cockpit, just make the blue circle teleport us to that door; then allow us to sit in the chair by an animation.

Little bit more work but I think it'll help with the backlash elite has taken as of late, have animations for boarding ships and SRVs, I felt like this was missing from odyssey and It's not full ship interiors but it's stepping stone to the real thing.

Last edited:
giphy (1).gif

Nah, it's fine just want Fdev to give us something in the form of ship interiors.

Being able to climb a ladder or take a lift to a small area with a door that opened onto the cockpit would do me just fine.

I'm not fussed about exploring 15km of convoluted walkways inside a Corvette just so I can find the space toilet to take a space dump - while getting interdicted just as I've managed to walk 4km away from the cockpit.

I admit to being a little surprised when the blue circle of teleportation remained in the game post-alpha - but then, when in my Corvette or Cutter already dislike the walk from the lifts to ship, or vice versa, somewhat - walking the same distance inside the ship wouldn't be more attractive to me as an alternative either 🤷‍♂️

Maybe the future will bring interiors with purpose, maybe not.

PS, for the record I absolutely detest The Sims. Cooking, cleaning, sleeping, showering, buying and fitting furniture, renovating, having a job - I get enough of that in real life, and I don't want it anywhere near my game time and especially not in my space ships. The first hint of having to eat and drink to stay alive, and my pilot will die. Repeatedly.

Anyone suggesting Elite should have a cooking simulation or a working shower deserves to have pizza boxes stuffed in their air intakes.

I doubt you'll get get walking in cockpits (at least anytime soon), but removing the blue circle of immersion destroying laziness and replacing it with clicking on an unfolding ladder or walking up some steps and clicking on a door for a 3 second animatic of entering the ship...
One afternoons work for an intern - probably.

Top Bottom