Frontier Store won't allow ARX purchase using PayPal!!!!!!

If you don’t own a credit card, use your debit card - the one your bank issued to you for ATM withdrawals. The card should be embossed with either a Visa or Mastercard logo, in which case it’s fine to use as a credit card for online transactions as long as you have money in your account.

FDev obviously does not want our cash (must be flush!). Going to buy ARX now just forces you into using a credit card via 'WorldPay' (A VERY insecure holder of personal credit card details which I no longer use having had my card cloned following use)
Yeah, I wasn't happy about the lack of a Paypal option either. I hate giving out my credit card information.

I've looked into services that let you create temporary cards on the fly for one time charges, or for limited re-occuring charges with one vendor. Unfortunately, all those services always want to tie back to a bank account - which I trust even less than giving out a credit card #. sigh I wish there was a service like Paypal, that you could use your actual credit cards with, and then create temporary ones linked to them. Sadly no one has done that yet.

If you don’t own a credit card, use your debit card - the one your bank issued to you for ATM withdrawals. The card should be embossed with either a Visa or Mastercard logo, in which case it’s fine to use as a credit card for online transactions as long as you have money in your account.
I'm not sure what the laws are like in Europe, but in the USA I would never use a debit card for anything. If your credit card gets stolen, and you catch/report the fraudulent charges within 90 days, you're only liable for $50 (not per charge, total). If your debit card gets stolen, any money spent is gone.

So I never use a debit card and I laugh whenever the credit card companies try to get me to sign up for insurance to protect me against fraudulent charges. Yeah, I really need your $2+/month insurance charges to protect me from that $50 loss. lol

Good grief, you probably mean well but I think people are smart enough to realise whether or not they have a credit card or a debit card.
The main complaint here is that people prefer PayPal payments to credit card payments.

For those using steam copies, buy the arx using steam and PayPal.

J
I will probably do this in the future. However, I've been playing so long I remember when I had to do all transactions directly with Frontier. So I guess that's why I did my last purchase that way.

Also... if you go the Frontier route, they let you choose the currency type. I think I saved $7 by buying the 50000 Arx in Pounds as the Pound to Dollar conversion was better than the dollar price for that amount of ARX.

Top Bottom