FSS glitches in some systems.

First seen it in Anantet system, and it happens in nearby systems too, may be even everywhere else.
How it happened:

1. Jumped in
2. Doing a FSS scan
3. Clicking on the planet group near Anantet B causes screen to rotate and glitch strangely.
4. Sometimes screen turns orange in the end of glitch effect
5. Backing out with Backspace key restores screen.
6. Sometimes screen stays distorted a second or two after backing out to the highest level.

It happens when part of the system you trying to scan is far away or many zoom levels away.
Workaround: reposition yourself closer and try again.

I can confirm being affected by this bug. I am in system Pyroo Eohn UW-L c24-0 on my way back to the bubble, and when I try to scan star B it glitches in this manner. I log out and back in again and the same happens.

I saw this a lot during my trip to Colonia over the past couple of days. I gave up on quite a few systems it was so bad, whereas others were fine.

Last edited:
I'm having this happen sometimes too. Just happened to me and even exiting and re-entering FSS five times didn't help, kept occuring when trying to scan the same bodies. Then I exited and spun my ship to orient it with the orbital plane orbiting the main star....and it worked fine.

Have no idea if the ship spin makes a difference, but that's twice now where I had this issue and it was persistent no matter what i did, until I spun the ship. Haven't skipped any FSS scans because of the glitch, but it is annoying.

I confirm the bug. It can be replicated as it happens with some precise planets. In VR the glitch Is terrible and when the screen turns orange I have to remove my headset and leave the FSS. I do a lot of exploration and it happens very often.

As well having to do twice as many movements... zoom in on a body and when you zoom partially out it refocuses on the main body rather than the point you were looking at so have to move the focus again every time. So for a planet with 10 moons you have to re-focus or move your focus point again each time...brutal and removes any efficiency that there was in the FSS....

I confirm the bug. It can be replicated as it happens with some precise planets. In VR the glitch Is terrible and when the screen turns orange I have to remove my headset and leave the FSS. I do a lot of exploration and it happens very often.

Yes, I play in VR and this is a bad one.

_trent_

Volunteer Moderator
I'm also having this issue with systems where one or more stars is far from the A star.

Top Bottom