ANNOUNCEMENT Game Balancing Pt.2

Yes.
Top pirates should be fully engineered and has troll weapons. You want real reward? Fight with real enemy, now deadly vettes from top missions are as weak, than we can destroy it in literally any ship. In big toy by damage sponge, or in eagle by dancing around rounds without getting any hits.
Mining shouldn't be more profitable than combat, but guys...look at pirates in beacons and RES, you even doesn't need strongly engineered ship to be immortal, and you want 60-100m/h without any missions...
exactly this is what bugs me the most, sure i want more money for bounty hunting but not so i can grind more money but so that it is more viable for me to use weaker ships and so that it would make more sense to make NPC stronger, when an Elite conda would pay 1 million or more to me it would be logical for it to be a very strong. The NPC rank should be mesured after their bounty, and ship and difficulty by rank in my opinion, I dont want to attack ships who's strenght is completly illogical compared to their rank and bounty.
I could thechnically overlook bounty at ocasions as in "newbie " pirate NPC but that would only make sense if it is iregular but i find small ships with lower ranks more dificult then a ELITE ranked NPC Anaconda. Though i am not so sure if NPC pirates should have the top tier Imp/fed Navy ships.

For pew pew, I think balancing should include weapon type.

So for a 3 hardpoint ship something like:
3x turrets = Bounty voucher x 1
3x Gimbals = Bounter voucher x1.5
3x fixed = Bounter voucher x 2

The idea being the more skill is required, the greater the reward.
(obviously if you are using 1 fixed, 2 gimbals then the multiplier is between 1.5 and 2).

For pew pew, I think balancing should include weapon type.

So for a 3 hardpoint ship something like:
3x turrets = Bounty voucher x 1
3x Gimbals = Bounter voucher x1.5
3x fixed = Bounter voucher x 2

The idea being the more skill is required, the greater the reward.
(obviously if you are using 1 fixed, 2 gimbals then the multiplier is between 1.5 and 2).

T-10 fixed for one belliion dollars a pop :D

A load of missions need some tlc with the new changes

1606912603748.png

Some combat is risky- PvE combat outside of Thargoids and certain human POIs is more akin to shooting ducks especially in large engineered ships.

I'd only advocate more cash if NPCs got out the big boy toys more often at the highest ranks. As an example, I can easily fight two or three pirate lords at the same time.
But you are allegedly quite proficient at combat, some of us are merely high ranked at it, so might not be the best benchmark for the average player.

But you are allegedly quite proficient at combat, some of us are merely high ranked at it, so might not be the best benchmark for the average player.

In my quite average Corvette MC build with 3000Mj Shields you can facetank a pirate lord Corvette easily and mash the trigger. Two Corvettes is slightly more tricky, Three is difficult. It all comes down to what the opponent rocks, which currently is PA and lasers along with not so spectacular AI (that ram but forget pips to shields, unlike me). Wing Pirate Lords are better because they have four smaller but highly agile engineered ships in- ironically super easy with a wing but in reality the level of challenge for a single ship.

What makes you say that? The fact that bug fixes create more bugs?

I'm not trying to be funny/sarcastic here - I'm genuinely interested as I've heard the term "spaghetti code" a few times.

I know I'm off topic, but I'm wondering if there is some public evidence of this "mess" (it looks like some urban legend I see here and there) ?

We`ve got enough experience from enough updates to know that frontier simply cant issue an update to the game code without breaking something. That shows they are no longer able to internally manage the code.

Such a situation (should you agree with the analysis) logically means that Frontier would be reticent to issue further updates for fear that they are going to cause more problems than they solve.

So the logical conclusion (if you agree this is the more likely situation) is that Frontier are going to actively shy away from modding the game code, and instead rely more on server-side tweaks as presumably, they are much lower risk.

Something I keep seeing popping up in this thread is how Combat is more dangerous than Mining and therefor should pay more.
Whilst I agree it should pay more than it "did".
PvE combat with the exception of Wing Assassination missions, is currently not dangerous at all if your in an engineered ship.

Im not good at combat, but I hardly ever (1 in a 1000) have to leave a HAZ res because I am in danger, I leave because I am bored or have run out of ammo.
The Npcs in the game need to be scaled up from current haz res ships being the starting point to haz res being same as wing assassination missions but in wings of 5-10 ships.

Traversing an anarchy system should feel dangerous even in a combat ship.
Going into a Haz res alone should be suicide even in a fully engineered ship.

Make the changes needed to warrant the increase in payouts feel justified and maybe even up the payouts in the most deadly of places. once they actually are deadly.

Something I keep seeing popping up in this thread is how Combat is more dangerous than Mining and therefor should pay more.
PvE combat with the exception of Wing Assassination missions, is currently not dangerous at all if your in an engineered ship.

Im not good at combat, but I hardly ever (1 in a 1000) have to leave a HAZ res because I am in danger, I leave because I am bored or have run out of ammo.
The Npcs in the game need to be scaled up from current haz res ships being the starting point to haz res being same as wing assassination missions but in wings of 5-10 ships.

Make the changes needed to warrant the increase in payouts feel justified and maybe even up the payouts in the most deadly of places. once they actually are deadly.

I don't disagree with what you are saying, but given the other imbalances in the game (i.e. engineering) then I think there is a limit to what can be done whilst keeping things good for everyone.

I'm always a bit perturbed that HAZ Res gets used as the "benchmark" for NPC difficulty. PA Threat 5&6 sites (and Wing Assassinations) are the current "apex" difficulty activities, chock full of engineered threats. Since HAZ are persistent at all times, I'm ok with them peaking at vanilla, unengineered difficutlies.

PA Threat 5&6 which are limited to Lockdown/Civil Unrest (which will resolve as you hand in bounties or simply just wait) should be the peak earners for bounties.

I'm always a bit perturbed that HAZ Res gets used as the "benchmark" for NPC difficulty. PA Threat 5&6 sites (and Wing Assassinations) are the current "apex" difficulty activities, chock full of engineered threats. Since HAZ are persistent at all times, I'm ok with them peaking at vanilla, unengineered difficutlies.

PA Threat 5&6 which are limited to Lockdown/Civil Unrest (which will resolve as you hand in bounties or simply just wait) should be the peak earners for bounties.

Unless you are carrying something "tasty" and have no entanglements, a haz res is like a basket of kittens after a feed.

I would hate to be "carrying something tasty" in a Threat 6 PA... yeah sure, just casually fend off a dozen fully engineered fighter craft simultaneously XD

My favorite memory was stacking 3 pirate lord missions, one transport mission (which was on an as yet undiscovered moon), was wanted and the NAV was compromised. I had to drop into the nav point to scan for the base location only to have all three lords drop in, the whole nav wanting my cargo, a BH dropping by....I was sweating and shaky and....loving it. I honestly has to get skillful to scan the nav, stop a little Adder sod from hatchbreaking me and two corvettes, one FdL, one elite Conda and god knows what else kicking me to death.

I got one Corvette and ran for it while the BH, Corvette and FdL chased me as I delivered my gold. Even when I dropped down to attack the next lord I had to face three ships.

This was me:

iu

I agreed with you up until the Haz RES / suicide if you go alone bit: this could apply to a High CZ, ok, but a Haz RES??

Top Bottom