ANNOUNCEMENT Game Balancing

Definitely something for us to consider! Only concern is any system that generates rewards from interaction between players is open to be gamed.

There are thousands of games out there with matchmaking systems that don't have this problem. Don't try to reinvent the wheel. All you need is a sufficient playerbase and randomized opponents. If CQC has sufficient rewards, the former won't be an issue.

So you nerf mining with some hypothetical benefits to core mining, yet core mining and the PWA is STILL broken. Shouldnt you fix core mining first before introducing this change??

Any changes to Trit mining since it's more valuable as fuel instead of a commodity?

And keep in mind that 600k for painite is the maximum price not the average price, which means Painite is essentially getting cut in HALF in terms of it's profitability. Just Fantastic.

Seriously, why start with mining, why dont you just BUFF combat since those people have been waiting so very patiently.

I love how Fdev hears the words "Please Buff Combat" as "Nerf mining? oh sure!!!" Whatever happened to "200 mil an hour is fine." as the average for a top level player's earning rate?

Last edited:
Can you make rares pay more too? They are kind of relics of the 'old' ED game and more like tokens to open engineer doors? At least double the payout so they don't get lost in the sea of other more newer cargo that pays better.
Additionally/alternatively increase the distance from 150 light years where you get maximum payment. Obviously not having such a distance would lead to insane profits for people shipping rates to Colonia.

Thanks for the suggestion! For PvP payouts specifically, how would you account for players gaming the system with friends and alt accounts?
I did couple posts about. Need to differ valid pvpers (pvp with response, power play, etc) and killers. That could be another counter growing on pure gank-kill and decrementing on death.
Then killer of killer gets right to pay 5% insurance and get his ship. Killer looses forever. That would solve alts and friends. For more detail check mine in suggestions.

It's certainly open for consideration. Let us know how you think AX combat payouts should be adjusted.
Yeh, it should be like some base price, for example 20 mil + 2-5 mils per heart. So bigger monsters do bigger pay. Or you may just escape and have small bonus for 1 killed heart.

Thanks for the suggestion! For PvP payouts specifically, how would you account for players gaming the system with friends and alt accounts?

I recently posted a thread in "suggestions" about this - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/finally-sensible-suggestions-on-crime-and-punishment.558605/ (yes silly title)

Didn't get the most responses of the trillion recent C&P threads but addresses the possible exploits in order to allow relaxation of the current cap. It's not the only serious attempt I'm certain.

I'd like to see Bounty and Combat Bond payouts adjusted higher or lower dynamically based on ship flown and amount of engineering, If you are flying an Eagle with no engineering you get a significant credit multiplier. If you are in a wing of combat fitted corvettes with grade 5 engineering you should get significantly less.

As the tier of ship increases as well as level of engineering the risk and time to kill drop off significantly and should. Leave combat mission stacking the same and/or extend to AXI combat as a means of creating additional earning opportunities when the challenge of mowing down dozens of combat ships fade.

I'm sure organized PvPers already have a tier of ship classification they could share that quantifies how effective a ship is in combat across the spectrum of ship which could be tapped. Below is a quick and dirty mock up for illustration purposes for the concept. Amount for base, multipliers and ship tiers needs more imput to feel "right".

Average Engineer levelMultiplier
0​
Base x5
1​
Base x3
2​
Base x1.5
2.5​
Base x1
3​
Base x 0.75
4​
Base x0.50
5​
Base x0.25
Ship ClassMultiplier
S (Cutter, Corvete)Base x0.25
A (FDL, Chieftan)Base x0.50
B (Krait, Clipper)Base x 0.75
C (Vulture, Orca)Base x1
D (Viper, Courier)Base x1.5
F (eagle, Ieagle)Base x3

I'm really glad to see these balance issues finally being addressed. I enjoy all aspects of elite but I definitely would like to see combat have more fair profits so I'm quite interested to see how these changes pan out. I also noticed bounties and combat missions were mentioned but not combat bonds, is it safe to assume they'll be getting an adjustment too?

Ok.. so it was asked in 1st page, mentioned in 7th page, we're in 11th on the way to the 12th and no comments have been made regarding Pulse Wave.

I love deep core mining, it's one of the best activities in Elite Dangerous. I miss doing it and just knowing the fact the prices will improve, even better. Thing is...
Will Pulse Wave be fixed when these changes go live?

Your first priority should be buffing everything else not nerfing mining.

apparently the economy is based on mining or minerals or should be, makes sense if it did. So they start with the one that affects everything else first then bring everything else into line with it....eventually...in lots of little steps.

This is the other thing. At that point you are breaking the 4th wall (like EVE) and bringing your CMDR persona into real life, Don't you think side feuds outside the game will just spice the Universe up?
That is also one of my worries about this.

Ok.. so it was asked in 1st page, mentioned in 7th page, we're in 11th on the way to the 12th and no comments have been made regarding Pulse Wave.

I love deep core mining, it's one of the best activities in Elite Dangerous. I miss doing it and just knowing the fact the prices will improve, even better. Thing is...
Lol try reading the thread there have been multiple mentions

I did couple posts about. Need to differ valid pvpers (pvp with response, power play, etc) and killers. That could be another counter growing on pure gank-kill and decrementing on death.
Then killer of killer gets right to pay 5% insurance and get his ship. Killer looses forever. That would solve alts and friends. For more detail check mine in suggestions.
There's currently no way for the game to distinguish between "I am killing you because you exist", "I am killing you because you logged out on me last time we met and I don't feel like giving you 15 seconds to talk this time", "I am killing you because you hit boost instead of dropping cargo like I asked", "I am killing you because your squadron is an enemy of my squadron", "I am killing you because I saw you fighting for my opponent in that CZ we were just in" and "I am killing you because you are bounty hunting and I am trying to support the anarchy faction in this system", or any of the million other reasons why a cmdr may go weapons-free against another cmdr.

The answer is No, it will not be fixed when the changes go live, which makes changing mining at this time a bit stupid, how can you get the numbers for core mining when no one can do it right now.

They should have started with Combat first, then Trade. Leaving mining alone till they fix the broken game mechanics first.

Top Bottom