ANNOUNCEMENT Game Balancing

Next, we intend to adjust combat rewards in the form of bounties and mission payouts. You can expect to hear the planned changes before the date is announced in a post similar to this one.
What about combat bonds? Combat bonds are currently the only payout from AX combat as AX CZs with the accompanying AX combat missions are currently missing. Without an increase to AX combat bonds, AX combat - which is arguably the highest risk with the highest skill requirement in PvE - will remain one of the lowest paying activities in the game.

Edit: Ninja'd by both question and reply ....

We're open to feedback on them - where do you think they ought to be?

Really it depends on balancing the main game first I suppose, because thats the baseline from which the Powerplay perks and bonuses stem from. Its complicated because you have powers that have bonuses for bounty kills (Hudson, ALD, Antal if I remember) and others that could also do with a boost from trading.

For now I'd ask for a flat increase in the weekly rewards (that stop at 50 million). If you want people to be 'in' powerplay seriously it needs upping at the high levels (R4 and 5 especially). Although you can argue that it makes exploitation by fifth column easier at the same time it will lock people in as its a steady income and that you can absorb more rebuys or just provide income so you can focus on Powerplay.

So I'd ask for something modest to start: start at 150 - 200 million for Rank 5 each week and double R4 but keep R3 to R1 the same.

Bruce G

Senior Community Manager
One thing: CQC. It's one of four legitimate career ranks and should be capable of sustaining a pilot financially. The payouts should be 10x what they are now, at least.
In 25 hours of CQC combat with 545 kills, I've earned 341,359 cr.
Definitely something for us to consider! Only concern is any system that generates rewards from interaction between players is open to be gamed.

@Bruce Garrido Can you guys confirm if the AX bonds will be a part of the rebalance? The text only mentions bounties and missions and we dont have the missions anymore with lack of incursions. Most of the AX community feels like the payout for goids is not appropriate in regards to the skill required to take one down (my solo Hydra was 55 minutes long and 15 mil didn't feel like proper compensation. Even a wing fight against Hydra takes considerable amount skill and time)

Cheers,

Last edited:
It's certainly open for consideration. Let us know how you think AX combat payouts should be adjusted.

Well, adding different bounty following the type of thargoids scouts
and increasing the reward for medusa and hydra
Time needed to kill them is not rewarded enough
Medusa should be 15 millions and Hydra 20 or 25 millions

Bruce G

Senior Community Manager
@Bruce Garrido Can you guys confirm if the AX bonds will be a part of the rebalance? The text only mentions bounties and missions and we dont have the missions anymore with lack of incursions. Most of the AX community feels like the payout for goids is not appropriate in regards to the skill required to take one down (my solo Hydra was 55 minuters long and 15 mil didn't feel like proper compensation. Even a wing fight against Hydra takes considerable amount skill and time)

Cheers,
I can't confirm it for now, but can see already it's one of the main points being raised here. The post is not exhaustive in all of the changes we have planned and there's a lot of room for acting on your feedback.

Thanks for the suggestion! For PvP payouts specifically, how would you account for players gaming the system with friends and alt accounts?
One suggestion I've seen thrown around is to have the payout for large bounties divided between wing members, and only duplicated in values up to 2 million.

So you'd have something like the following formula:
max(bounty/wingmmbers, min(bounty, 2000000))

Hi Bruce,

Great info! Can you let us know if these listed prices:
  • Painite - 600,000
  • Low Temperature Diamonds - 700,000
  • Void Opals - 1,300,000
...are the regular max prices that are available on a daily basis, or if the are the peak prices that are paid only when the bgs is in the correct state?

Bruce, this is very minor in comparison to the much larger and more important things in your rebalancing efforts but I sure would like to see smuggling get some attention.

tl;dr -- simple change --> illegal (prohibited) goods should sell at a premium on the black market and not a discount compared to prevailing prices in legal markets. Just have the software check the status -- apply the premium if flagged as illegal (contrasted to simply stolen).

Here's the deal: apparently the black market buys goods at ~75% of the price the same goods are going for on the open market. Apparently illegal goods are in the same pricing schema as stolen goods.... when they shouldn't be.

That 25% discount is perfectly reasonable if the goods are stolen but otherwise legal. To use a current day example, a stolen car/TV/computer/whatever sold on the street will be sold for far less than what it can be purchased for from a legitimate dealer. That's why people buy stolen goods (discount); if it didn't sell for less the buyer would simply purchase it from a legitimate seller. Since both thief and vendor have little or no investment in the goods they don't mind selling at a discount since it's still a hefty profit margin.

On the other hand, goods that are illegal are not available from legitimate dealers. They are hard to obtain. But the people who want them really, really want them... whether it's booze, narcotics, explosives, whatever....it's a seller's market. Buyers are willing to pay a premium for them and it's the premium that makes the initial investment (buying in a legal market) and the risks of fines and intervention in getting them to the black market worthwhile.

Illegal goods should be sold at a premium on the black market, not at a discount. Otherwise it makes more economic sense simply to avoid the risk of fines and sell those goods on the open market in a system where they are legal. Leaving aside any discussion of the slave trade, as it stands now there isn't much incentive to engage in game play as a smuggler -- smuggling illegal goods that aren't also stolen (low or zero cost basis) -- as the smuggler is going to take a loss every time, even if there are no fines involved. It wouldn't take much of a premium to make it viable -- maybe as little as 25%. This should only apply to goods that are illegal. Stolen goods that are not illegal should not get this premium but should continue to be discounted as they are now.

Last edited:

Bruce G

Senior Community Manager
Hi Bruce,

Great info! Can you let us know if these listed prices:
  • Painite - 600,000
  • Low Temperature Diamonds - 700,000
  • Void Opals - 1,300,000
...are the regular max prices that are available on a daily basis, or if the are the peak prices that are paid only when the bgs is in the correct state?
I'll double check with the devs for you, but I understand them to be the maximum prices assuming optimal market conditions.

Top Bottom