ANNOUNCEMENT Game Balancing

I doubt it applies to all but definitely a mistake, they have suspended carriers, game keeps logging off, so much going on, probably a broken pwa soon too, void opals ain't worth jack and musgravite is about its average so i wouldn't get to excited, fdev doesn't want anyone earning easy money so what ever it is, its not on purpose lol

Last edited:
I know... Still no reason to come back to ED... To many broken things that I had in the original game...
Yeh they fixed the pwa now broke it with odessy, its sad because for some of us its a wonderful escape yet fdev screwed up again, i haven't been able to use my carrier for 2 days and badly need tritium, then charge my 25mil in weekly upkeep, the stories have been good and frequent but i have a feelinf this will be the next gta after it went online, a disaster..

Demand definitely needs reverting back to what it was, anyone who also uses Inara for upto date market info can see that! The first 10-20 stations in the list offering the best price for a commodity usually want less than 100 units (in a lot of cases less than 10!) so there's your most profitable trades while they last. Each subsequent trade (assuming they would have demand) will also lower the price a fair bit so if you're a carrier owner and have just say 2000 tons of one commodity to sell (4 trips in a large 500T cargo craft) There's hardly enough to sustain one commander let alone a growing galaxy of carrier owners trying to pay rent. When I saw the change in demand a week or two ago I honestly thought they'd realised and fixed a mistake! Fine I guess if you're a miner in a small craft, not so much if you're a carrier owner though :/

Can you advise whether it makes sense to start playing elite dangerous now? I have never played this type of space games and I don't know if it's worth starting.

You can start anytime.
But the learning curve is very steep and the penalties for mistakes can be dire.

Can you advise whether it makes sense to start playing elite dangerous now? I have never played this type of space games and I don't know if it's worth starting.
I'd probably say No at the moment.
  • If you buy the base game then it's a bit behind the main game, so you'll end up learning stuff that's going away in a few months
  • If you buy Odyssey then it's still quite buggy and poorly performing
Bit of a shame really that I can't recommend my favourite game to new people :(

Agreed with Factabulous on this - not right now. The last expansion launch was rough and they're still patching things back together. It's great when it's working but you'll get a much better new player experience if you come back in six months when everything has stabilised a bit.

(I should say: if you're okay with putting up with a few bugs and issues, then it's still a fun game right now and I play it a lot. But if you were that excited about the concept you'd be asking "I've just bought it and can't figure out X, how do I get started with it?" or something similar - if you're at all unsure, wait a bit first)

Don't buy Odyssey. Yes buy Elite Dangerous and enjoy the amazing game, it makes no difference whether you start now or six years ago - the game has no story-line that you have to follow. Basically Elite Dangerous is what PCs were made for. To me, the aberration of the Odyssey expansion sort of spoils Elite by introducing an on-foot shootie FPS viral infection as well as being horrendously buggy - avoid it for now.

Sound advice?
Well yeah I spose it is. Waiting for a release thats stable? GL with that...long wait.
I'm guessing most of us make do, posting bugs and gameloop shortcomings etc.
I've played since release and it's getting better that there's no doubt. But para is right saying the fps sucks. Shouldn't have happened that way. More exploratory related ie EVA first footfall more life etc. Instead it got outsourced and we get a fps clone.
Which is kinda fun! Try it! (To my shame)
Hated it at first and I'm in vr using that dumb Periscope
o7

I'd probably say No at the moment.
  • If you buy the base game then it's a bit behind the main game, so you'll end up learning stuff that's going away in a few months
  • If you buy Odyssey then it's still quite buggy and poorly performing
Bit of a shame really that I can't recommend my favourite game to new people :(
Well, if he stays away from odyssey i think that learning "odyssey" will be a minor issue when its time comes.
And yes, i'd say stay away from odyssey until its full release (you'll notice when it actually happens, the old horizons client will get upgraded in many parts, well actually swapped with the odyssey's one)

Last edited:
for me it is the best space game. I would say yes if you like space simulaors. especially with odyssey it is alot of fun.

Top Bottom