ANNOUNCEMENT Gamescom Reveals - Fleet Carrier Details

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Seems dodgy there's only 8L, 4M and 4S pads when there's 9 ships in the game that need large pads, 15 medium and 13 (+1 Cobra MkIV) small. How exactly are you supposed to fit your entire "fleet" on it?

If we can only dock one personal ship on board, is that just the one that can refuel it?
I hope that your interpretation is in error , I read it as One FLEET CARRIER per commander not one transportable ship per commander. With the latter interpenetration there would be no point in having the carrier.

Nobody has said 1 pad = 1 ship. It doesn't work like that on stations or megaships. There is no reason for FCs to be limited by pads either. Their will probably be a cap (which someone with a crazy amount of ships will of course complain about, but i'm hoping they make it reasonably high.
Have another look at the reveal video. Prior to the carrier jumping it appears that all the 'pads' are pulled down but we don't see any type of cover going over the top and the pads are abnormally close together, such that there may be no room in between for the typical hangar space seen in stations or outposts.

Another good example to check is the parallel layout of the pads on the detention megaships.

The Gnosis doesn't have a shipyard, and is limited to one ship per CMDR. All other existing moving dockable megaships have the same limitation.

I wrote that "if". If it has a shipyard, ship transfer will be a thing like in any station that has a shipyard. That's what I meant.

Nobody has said 1 pad = 1 ship. It doesn't work like that on stations or megaships. There is no reason for FCs to be limited by pads either. Their will probably be a cap (which someone with a crazy amount of ships will of course complain about, but i'm hoping they make it reasonably high.
Yeah, I always wondered about that when I saw people referring to the 16 ship threshold. It says pads, not ships. I can see the reasoning, but the fallacy as well.

Have another look at the reveal video. Prior to the carrier jumping it appears that all the 'pads' are pulled down but we don't see any type of cover going over the top and the pads are abnormally close together, such that there may be no room in between for the typical hangar space seen in stations or outposts.

Another good example to check is the parallel layout of the pads on the detention megaships.

Doesn't matter. Ships are not physically present in hangers anyway unless being piloted. Once you switch ships the ship you wrere in just despawns.

Ship goes down, ship goes up, ship goes down, ship goes up.

Doesn't matter. Ships are not physically present in hangers anyway unless being piloted. Once you switch ships the ship you wrere in just despawns.

We'll see in December I guess.
Hopefully if they reveal more in a live stream they'll at least turn up the volume so we can hear it...

Has anyone wondered how many Fleet carriers can spawn in a single instance, would be cool to see multiple FC's warp in just outside a station or just in the same area of space :)

Seems dodgy there's only 8L, 4M and 4S pads when there's 9 ships in the game that need large pads, 15 medium and 13 (+1 Cobra MkIV) small. How exactly are you supposed to fit your entire "fleet" on it?

If we can only dock one personal ship on board, is that just the one that can refuel it?
I'm hoping that as it's called a fleet carrier it does exactly what it says on the tin and we can get all our ships on board, that's the only reason i want one. If we can't get all our ships on board(some have too many, myself included) I'd be happy with at least 2 from each size group but if it's only 1 personal ship then I'm out

I think the FC's are gonna be ultra expensive, upward of 5 billion and I think they'll be costly to keep the number of carriers out there at a manageable level if carriers are going to be persistent across all modes how the hell would the servers cope if everyone jumped into sol in their carrier the place would be littered with hundreds if not thousands of carriers

Might or might not matter.

It's true that, going by the reveal video footage, they have gone to the trouble to implement a new hanger structure. That would be a curious choice if it does not reflect some functional difference from the ones we're used to. But it could just as well be as simple as them wanting to fit more pads in a smaller space.

However, it seems reasonably clear that FCs are going to offer outfitting services. Unless they are significantly changing the interface, that requires entering the station, which means ships will be able to retract into somewhere.

Yeah, I always wondered about that when I saw people referring to the 16 ship threshold. It says pads, not ships. I can see the reasoning, but the fallacy as well.

It's under capacity though, rather than being labelled simply as pad count.

If the limitation is simply cosmetic then capacity doesn't seem like the right word to use.

If you're 1000's lys away from the bubble in your FC and you launch your ship to say go mining and are somehow destroyed will you respawn at rebuy screen on your FC or at the last station you docked at leaving your FC in the back end of nowhere or would your FC somehow respawn with you

I'd like to see some support shuttles travelling between the carriers and support ships, with related NPC chatter:

"Shuttle Pilot 8202, did you remember to bring the Fish Fingers this time?"
".........god-damnit!!"

I think they mention a cap of a single carrier per system and those, will be depending on the config, public or privates across in all the instances of the same system.
I wish they implement a fee to use them so we can pay the upkeep of the carries based on the fee collected by other players

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom