ANNOUNCEMENT Gamescom Reveals - Fleet Carrier Details

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I understand all the frustration about this topic and I also understand the Crazy Dev Defender Wing, these are troubling times for humanity.
What I don't understand is why we have no actual official communicates... I am home in quarantine in a third country world and I am able to post in forums. So why the delay with any information?
this is just bad marketing and bad PR.
What is sad, in my opinion, is to keep looking at these forums, every day hopping for an update that will distract us from more pressing events.

I understand all the frustration about this topic and I also understand the Crazy Dev Defender Wing, these are troubling times for humanity.
What I don't understand is why we have no actual official communicates... I am home in quarantine in a third country world and I am able to post in forums. So why the delay with any information?
What is sad, in my opinion, is to keep looking at these forums, every day hopping for an update that will distract us from more pressing events.

Lots of companies in what might loosely be described as the entertainment industry are doing lots of things to help stave off the cabin fever, BBC's iPlayer has been stocked with old repeats, I'm getting e-mails about special events from other games suppliers.

But perhaps FDev's stoic silence in the face of unprecedented numbers of potential game players all being stuck at home for a month or more is the right one? Only time will tell, I'm assuming there will be something to read on Monday.

Couldn't give a toss about fleet carriers btw, if anything I'd rather they just be cancelled to avoid delaying other stuff further down the line. I'd expect everything to be delayed by at least a quarter due to force majeure.

They know with certainty that some people will throw a huge screaming wobbler no matter what they say to us so its easier to just say nothing. That way they know those same people will just moan that they don't talk to us, which is an everyday occurrence anyway even the day after they talk to us.

They've nothing to gain from it.

Edit :
But the situation is fast moving & changing day by day!

See what I mean ?.

Excellent comedy timing there.

They know with certainty that some people will throw a huge screaming wobbler no matter what they say to us so its easier to just say nothing. That way they know those same people will just moan that they don't talk to us, which is an everyday occurrence anyway even the day after they talk to us.

They've nothing to gain from it.

They have an awful lot of new business & customer retention to gain from it. People like to have things to look forward to.

Not everyone of course, some revel in their ignorance but they are a minority who probably wouldn't spend any money on cosmetics anyway.

Production of 'stuff' is undoubtedly going to be affected by recent global events. The one thing that has not been affected is the ability to communicate. FDev's communication has not been affected, it is the same as usual :)

Don't be such a downer Stigbob, they can deal with this ;)

But the situation is fast moving & changing day by day!

Yes, that is why you are not hearing anything, because nobody has any clue what any of this means or where it is going. They have switched to remote working, they hope to keep things on track, nobody knows what is happening in the future. As long as there is no way to make any further predictions there is no point in any further updates. They will not know for sure that they can keep any internal deadlines for weeks or months to come. They might at some point know for sure they cannot keep internal deadlines. Until the later occurs, there is no news to report. This is how the entire industry operates. For example, CD Projekt said they shifted to home work, dedicated to releasing Cyberpunk in September as planned but if things happen they'll let you know. They are not going to repeat this every single day, and neither will FD.

Our games will continue to be supported (including online functionality), and at the moment we do not anticipate any major changes to our plans across all titles.

None so deaf as those who will not hear

They have an awful lot of new business & customer retention to gain from it. People like to have things to look forward to.

Not everyone of course, some revel in their ignorance but they are a minority who probably wouldn't spend any money on cosmetics anyway.

Production of 'stuff' is undoubtedly going to be affected by recent global events. The one thing that has not been affected is the ability to communicate. FDev's communication has not been affected, it is the same as usual :)

Don't be such a downer Stigbob, they can deal with this ;)

People have fleet carriers and DLC to look forward to so its all positives for me, since I understand the impact quarantine will inevitably have I'd be surprised if it didn't cause an entirely understandable delay.

They don't need to say that every day for me to remember it.

Our games will continue to be supported (including online functionality), and at the moment we do not anticipate any major changes to our plans across all titles.

None so deaf as those who will not hear

Agreed, all this fearmongering that communication is being affected by home-working is guff imo. It's just the weekend, that's all :)

We'll probably get some news on Monday.

Deleted member 192138

D
That was for the squadron club room in space version of the carrier which was cancelled and replaced by the personal one which is admittedly scheduled to release roughly six months later than originally announced.
The idea that fleet carriers would be squadron attached was only ever speculation. Greater details only arrived in the lead up to their second release date, when they were specified as personal fleet carriers, and subsequently delayed again.

It is one item of content which has been in a series of development and delays since that point. The idea that the timer was reset when they shifted the goalposts by clarifying what fleet carriers would be is pretty absurd.

The whole Clipper thing is a bit of a worry really, once we've got it and made a gazillion credits from trading/mining and 'wotnot' what are we to spend our credits on then... we're just gonna keep asking for a bigger this that or the other!

There needs to be some financial (credits) sink, like tax, Base building, Mining installations, Player Industries.... but I can't see that on the horizon of the ten year plan when that time is half way through!
Maybe we would be able to buy a planet?

The idea that fleet carriers would be squadron attached was only ever speculation. Greater details only arrived in the lead up to their second release date, when they were specified as personal fleet carriers, and subsequently delayed again.

It is one item of content which has been in a series of development and delays since that point. The idea that the timer was reset when they shifted the goalposts by clarifying what fleet carriers would be is pretty absurd.

The open letterists demanded bug fixes before new content and that FDEV not release anything with a few bugs in it ever again. Its not FDEV's fault some of the playerbase asked for something they've now decided they didn't actually want at all.

The open letterists demanded bug fixes before new content and that FDEV not release anything with a few bugs in it ever again. Its not FDEV's fault some of the playerbase asked for something they've now decided they didn't actually want at all.

It's a free update Stigbob, it doesn't matter. Chill out, it's going to be okay :)

Last edited:
That's only happening inside your head, again.

So you think this is on-topic or relevant?

Look, I've given my view, so have you (I assume). How about just leave it at that & let others post their view for FDev to digest?

That way everyone gets to have their say & this now 96 page long thread might not grow quite so quickly despite there still being no news, for whatever reason.

So you think this is on-topic or relevant?

Look, I've given my view, so have you (I assume). How about just leave it at that & let others post their view for FDev to digest?

That way everyone gets to have their say & this now 96 page long thread might not grow quite so quickly despite there still being no news, for whatever reason.

You are posting all about Stigbob again and seemingly answering posts you think I've made but haven't. At this point you are talking to yourself, but for some reason keep trying to drag me into that conversation 🤷‍♂️.

I said right at the launch they needed an Offline mode, but did David listen? No, he didn't, telling me that everything would be fine
*"Everything's going to be just fine Pe Skip" he said, adding... "and we'll likely have Fleet Carriers in 2018 2019 2020 or sometime after that... We'd like that, so don't worry!"
You can download the 1984 version through the store. It's free and offline too.

But the current situation is that they have announced Q2 2020 - so they are not yet late...
Why worry? According to some the game is dead anyway, players are leaving in droves and even Deciat is safe :)
Just my luck, I don't have a drove. Must be a CQC reward. Lemme check real quick...Admiral, King, Elite, Elite, Elite...helpless. Darn it.

Personally, I can wait for a fleet carrier. I think Frontier made the right call this week. That decision may have saved lives. There's no re-buy in RL. It's one chance ironman.
Still, I can't help but think that there's got to be some PIs out in the yard somewhere...

SR o7

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom