Ganking / Taranis

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
A purely solo pilot surely would go in solo mode, no?
No. It's consequence of the ganking.
In other games I play "solo tank". I try to do most solo, even 12 people raids :D. Any way, if I see some random player has the problem with mobs I will just come and help, and continue to play solo.
I'm sure something like that can be imagined in Elite too.

When visiting Taranis post caustic cloud dispersal for the first time, I was stealthing around in a cold ship, collecting stuff. Thargoids ignored me totally. Even passing just over a kilometre from me without a twitch. I was surprised when TWO NPC Anacondas headed right for me and attempted to Pirate me. I had some EAX MC's on my ship, but just to fend off the odd Scout or Scythe, so couldn't really damage the shielded Anaconda Pirates very well. I got beaten up a bit, but I did chase them both off, they fled after their shields drops and I started (slowly) chewing up their hulls.

It was a little discouraging to see those NPC Pirates able to see my 14% heat ship from 7km+ away and make a bee-line for me. Pirates being there, fine, but when they appear and fly directly for me, it suggests they're not obeying the usual detection rules. Heh, Thargoids playing by the rules, NPC Pirates not :)

It was a little discouraging to see those NPC Pirates able to see my 14% heat ship from 7km+ away and make a bee-line for me. Pirates being there, fine, but when they appear and fly directly for me, it suggests they're not obeying the usual detection rules. Heh, Thargoids playing by the rules, NPC Pirates not :)
to be fair, I could mk1 eyeball cold ships in the cloud from that far out long before they appear on sensors too :p

to be fair, I could mk1 eyeball cold ships in the cloud from that far out long before they appear on sensors too :p

I do that too, but having an NPC appear already heading towards the player seems a bit suss to me. They were created just to Pirate me, they weren't roaming around looking for victims. The game was just being a little more obvious than usual this time lol.

I got blown up at Taranis.
I was flying around in my T7 hatchbreaking people until someone finally decided to shoot back, at which point pretty much the entire instance took the cue to lynch me.
100% worth it baby, it was absolutely hilarious. The rest of them must have been itching for that "isn't someone going to shoot that guy?" moment to all pile in
That was me.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom