GEC - The Galactic Exploration Catalog

I am on a cell phone and console. Everything is apps except for these forums.
But I came right with the second question: A tiny upload link at the top lol.

Hi, there. the Discord link has expired.
I cannot upload the pictures of this potential Green Gas Giant, because it gets rejected. There is no test to type but you can add a link. I do not see any instructions anywhere, so this newcomer is confused and will just leave it here.

I found what appears to be a Green Gas Giant (grey-green) in Cumbuia JC-V D2-124. It will be nice if someone can check this out in Odyssey. I will continue exploring now and keep EDSM synchronizing, but not come back here. Cheers.

GEC looks nice! I tested submitting a POI, just a simple Earth-like world system, nothing fancy but adding some content to a region so far lacking any entries :).

I am on a cell phone and console. Everything is apps except for these forums.
But I came right with the second question: A tiny upload link at the top lol.

Edastro is a webpage and not an App, feel free to try it https://edastro.com/poi/

Hi, there. the Discord link has expired.
I cannot upload the pictures of this potential Green Gas Giant, because it gets rejected. There is no test to type but you can add a link. I do not see any instructions anywhere, so this newcomer is confused and will just leave it here.

I found what appears to be a Green Gas Giant (grey-green) in Cumbuia JC-V D2-124. It will be nice if someone can check this out in Odyssey. I will continue exploring now and keep EDSM synchronizing, but not come back here. Cheers.

This is the permanent discord link https://discord.gg/Zz3RCHpjvS

Please read the rules and react accordigly to be let inside.

Thank you

Please avoid doing this and just submit entries in the future, we did thorough testing to avoid this.

Thank you
Well it was not JUST to test the system. I thought an Earth-like world could fit in with the 1-star category:
" POI Rating Suggestions:

1 Star:
No mention of uncommon phenomena or scenic views.
Only interesting to the submitter ("My first Earth-like World!")
No appeal for you to go see it at all.

"
Especially since there was so far nothing at all in the region. But maybe I misunderstood and the idea is that "1-star submissions" are not wanted at all, in which case feel free to delete.

Although for me personally any Earth-like world could even count as a 2-star with this criteria - depending on what is a "not-big" detour:
"
  • Mildly scenic views
  • Somewhat uncommon phenomena
  • A place you might visit if it's not a big detour.
"
But, thanks for the input and for keeping this project up!

Well it was not JUST to test the system. I thought an Earth-like world could fit in with the 1-star category: [...]
Especially since there was so far nothing at all in the region. But maybe I misunderstood and the idea is that "1-star submissions" are not wanted at all, in which case feel free to delete.
To be precise, here's how you began the description: "Since there so far (30.5.2022) was nothing found in GEC for Hieronymus Delta, this Earth-like world was shared mostly to test the system and add at least some content for that region too." That certainly sounds like you submitted this mostly with the intent of testing the system.
If you actually wish for your entry to be included though, and it wasn't submitted for testing purposes, please rewrite the description and the name. Remember this part from the rules and guidelines:
"Keep your descriptions and references within the Elite Dangerous universe. Avoid referring to "the game," "players," or making out-of-game references."

As I mentioned in my comment to you though, if you think the region really needs to have an entry, there is more interesting stuff than an ELW in there: there is a nebula and two known planetary nebulae here, you could fly to those and make screenshots. The two planetary nebulae aren't even on the GMP, so they won't be auto-linked in in "Nearest neighbors" - unless somebody submits GEC entries for them, of course.

Last edited:
To be precise, here's how you began the description: "Since there so far (30.5.2022) was nothing found in GEC for Hieronymus Delta, this Earth-like world was shared mostly to test the system and add at least some content for that region too." That certainly sounds like you submitted this mostly with the intent of testing the system.
If you actually wish for your entry to be included though, and it wasn't submitted for testing purposes, please rewrite the description and the name. Remember this part from the rules and guidelines:
"Keep your descriptions and references within the Elite Dangerous universe. Avoid referring to "the game," "players," or making out-of-game references."

As I mentioned in my comment to you though, if you think the region really needs to have an entry, there is more interesting stuff than an ELW in there: there is a nebula and two known planetary nebulae here, you could fly to those and make screenshots. The two planetary nebulae aren't even on the GMP, so they won't be auto-linked in in "Nearest neighbors" - unless somebody submits GEC entries for them, of course.
Thanks, good points! I did modify the description and the name to be hopefully somewhat better.

We now have a Galactic Exploration Catalog Twitter account whch will be posting a POI of the day. Please do share and follow. We want to get the word out so people can rank and post their own as well as simply enjoy the wonders of the galaxy.

1655888573895.png

BTW, the POI map images are now clickable, to take you to the interactive map, partially zoomed in on a marker pin for that POI's position.

Hey all, a feature that was added a while back was the ability to associate a carrier with a POI (useful for things like DSSA entries, or other similar things where a carrier is going to be stationed with the POI). I just added more functionality to this today, to automatically show if the carrier is still in the system, or has moved somewhere else. This is all based on the same carrier tracking that I have currently, which relies on docking events submitted through the EDDN network. So it's only as reliable as the data, of course. The GEC data will update a few times each day.

Hi there,
there seems to be a problem with the registration process for https://edastro.com/gec. Yesterday I set up an account there, but till now never received a verification email, although I hit the resend button twice already. Therefore I cannot finish the process.

Any help is welcome

Have you checked your spam filter? No typos in the email address? I know those are obvious, but it's worth double checking. The email server is up and still sending messages.

I've manually activated your account. Just be careful since password resets will need the email to go through.

Top Bottom