GeForce Now patching process extremely slow

Dear FDev:

Could you please send Nvidia your latest update? They are extremely slow to update the game, and despite raising a support ticket and feedback, the game remains unplayable.

Thanks

CMDR Astrometrics

I've been unable to play since Thursday (U18.01?).

I have tried every day on my regular platform (GeForceNow on SheildTVPro), and also (new AMD 5) Laptop with GeForceNow and after failing that, tried GeForce now in Browser as per Nvideo error message.

I even tried booting up my previous old laptop and tried updating. Nothing. (exactly the same as all 3 above).

On all 4, updates take 20-30minutes, then the PLAY button appears and then unable to connect to EU West.
I have been on ED for 4 years with no trouble after all updates except this one.
Am wondering if this points to network?(1Gbps upload and download synchronous Full Fibre - had this for 8 months)
Am I able to unload and re-install GeForce Now and run OK?
Get 1 of 2 error messages :
Either ERROR CODE: 0x80040007 or 0x8003001F

Only thing I haven't tried is Epic Store unload and Re-install.

Last edited:
I've been unable to play since Thursday (U18.01?).

I have tried every day on my regular platform (GeForceNow on SheildTVPro), and also (new AMD 5) Laptop with GeForceNow and after failing that, tried GeForce now in Browser as per Nvideo error message.

I even tried booting up my previous old laptop and tried updating. Nothing. (exactly the same as all 3 above).

On all 4, updates take 20-30minutes, then the PLAY button appears and then unable to connect to EU West.
I have been on ED for 4 years with no trouble after all updates except this one.
Am wondering if this points to network?(1Gbps upload and download synchronous Full Fibre - had this for 8 months)
Am I able to unload and re-install GeForce Now and run OK?
Get 1 of 2 error messages :
Either ERROR CODE: 0x80040007 or 0x8003001F

Only thing I haven't tried is Epic Store unload and Re-install.

GeForceNOW Network Test:

View attachment 386221
that and op are gfn issue that need to be taken to gfn support

Same here, I also raised a ticket with Nvidia on Thursday asking them to run a force update on the Epic Games client. I've only used Epic since I bought it for an alt in December last year, but each time Frontier have released a patch the Epic client has not updated. I've always raised a ticket asking Nvidia to do a force update and they usually do this within 24-48 hours, not sure what the holdup is this time.

The Steam client was updated the same day as the patch came out as usual, it's just Epic that's always left untouched.

PS Their support team have told me on two occasions (including the current issue) that the best way to get the problem in front of the right people is to use the feedback option in the top-right of the client:

1710167978800.png

You can then provide a feedback type of "Issue" and describe the problem.

1710168016815.png

But on another occasion the support team were surprised by me asking about this and said that the feedback form was unrelated to issue resolution 🤷‍♂️. I still feel better for having done it, gives me an increased, if possibly false, sense of agency.

Last edited:
I raised a support chat and I was also told the feedback menu was the best way. The last big update a couple weeks ago they were very responsive and got the game updated pretty quickly. I know this might not be FDevs arena, but it IS their game. I appreciate the improved patch cadence and frequent updates, but I'm guessing the devs at least have a lever they can pull at Nvidia to make them aware of an update.

If not I'll shutup and keep spamming feedback at Nvidia until I can play again.

/CMDR Astrometrics

It would be nice if Nvidia included the Epic client in whatever processes they follow with Steam - that client is always updated without any prompting, often soon after the servers come back up, but later same day at worst (well, in my 16 months of using it).

PS @Spaceman-FXL5, I don't think there's anything we can do our side, the issue is at Nvidia's end, we just have to nag until they update their image of the Epic client. It should be a silky smooth process, apparently, no more than a few hours <cough>:

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/geforce-now-game-updates/#:~:text=GeForce NOW ensures your favorite,game ready at all times.

Last edited:
gforce now is a gaming platform that asks various game developers can we host your game other than that the affiliation ends there.......
game developers do not have to ensure any issues are patched to conform with the platform and is up to nvidia to ensure the various games they host work as intended

if the amazon servers FD use to host the game are up and working its generally not an FD problem and its up to either epic steam or nvidia to sort out there issue as to why you cannot play....................
as a direct fd purchaser i can confirm the fd servers are up and working as intended currently

Last edited:
Strange, for me it is working without issues. Maybe it’s server dependent? I am often dispatched to „EU West“. Playing via Nvidia Shield Pro.

PS Their support team have told me on two occasions (including the current issue) that the best way to get the problem in front of the right people is to use the feedback option in the top-right of the client:
Hi, I was going to ping you as I know you use this, but decide not to.
I have used this (GeforceNOW with Epic base game for 4 years and never had a problem until now (Thursday 07/03/24).
OK , I have had issues on patch day, but always ok next day until now.

PS I have used GeForceNOW Issues feed back twice now and still not working.

And EDIT @RaketeMike, I am on AUTO server (selection) and never had a problem before.

I have used this (GeforceNOW with Epic base game for 4 years and never had a problem until now (Thursday 07/03/24).
OK , I have had issues on patch day, but always ok next day until now.

Maybe it's just expectations - I was exclusively using Steam previously so was used to updates being applied same day, and when I started using Epic I noticed it was not being updated, sometimes for days, so I started raising tickets and chasing.

Epic was still not working for me this morning (I tried 3 different regions), sadly the latest feedback from their support team is:

"Unfortunately there is no update as of now. A case was opened by the concerned team and is being looked into."

Maybe it's just expectations - I was exclusively using Steam previously so was used to updates being applied same day, and when I started using Epic I noticed it was not being updated, sometimes for days, so I started raising tickets and chasing.

Epic was still not working for me this morning (I tried 3 different regions), sadly the latest feedback from their support team is:

"Unfortunately there is no update as of now. A case was opened by the concerned team and is being looked into."
How do I raise a ticket with Nvidia?
After all I'm paying £8.99 per month for their service and cannot use it!

I have sent 2 feedbacks about this, with Category 'Issue'.
Maybe I could try a complete uninstall of GeForceNOW and reinstall?

How do I raise a ticket with Nvidia?
After all I'm paying £8.99 per month for their service and cannot use it!

I have sent 2 feedbacks about this, with Category 'Issue'.
Maybe I could try a complete uninstall of GeForceNOW and reinstall?

By contacting Nvidia support I am guessing.

Strange, for me it is working without issues. Maybe it’s server dependent? I am often dispatched to „EU West“. Playing via Nvidia Shield Pro.

Thanks, is that using the Epic Games client? EU West is my default too, for me Steam is dandy but Epic not so much.

OK, straight question to everyone---

Is anyone able to play ED on Epic since U18.01?
(NOT Steam or Frontier, that is obviously working fine otherwise there would have been complete uproar)
<<<felling like a console player (I was BTW) when it was dropped>>>

Last edited:
Top Bottom