General interdiction complaint

So I'm doing a mission where I need to transport cargo one system over. I get interdicted and I break out, followed by an immediate interdiction where I break out, followed by an immediate interdiction where I break out. Repeat seven times. On the eighth time, I fail to break out, and get killed immediately.

My question of course is, "who is this fun for?". If this continues, there's no possible way I could complete this mission. By the time I line up to the target again I'm being interdicted. I'm just in this constant limbo of being interdicted in the same spot over and over again until I fail and get killed. It's miserable.

Am I just not supposed to take this kind of mission? Is this by design or is it just a side effect of some bad programming somewhere? Why can an AI interdict immediately after failing when players cannot do that?

Has anyone else experienced this, or am I just getting terrible luck? I've never tried this kind of mission before, so I don't know if this is par for the course or not.

Serial interdiction usually only happens when you have multiple missions or are wanted. If that is not the case, try to high wake and then jump back in. It may reset the NPC's.
Or low wake away from your target and take a wide arc back around if they follow you. If you think they are going to start an interdiction drop out of supercruise b4 they get the chance. Boost and wait for them to enter your instance, they often will, or 30 seconds to a minute if they don't, (they over shot you when trying to follow you they don't usually get to cheat that particular game mechanic), then immediately jump back towards your destination. This often shakes them.

Lastly, just relog. Sometimes things get whacky, and restarting the game helps out.

I only had one mission, and I don't really want to find a way play around this. If serial interdiction is a bug, I'll just set the game down until it's fixed. It was infuriating to the point I don't want to play if it could happen again.

I only had 1 mission, and because I was killed I lost a load of cargo and got fined 5M.
That sucks, but it does happen sometimes.

I only had one mission, and I don't really want to find a way play around this. If serial interdiction is a bug, I'll just set the game down until it's fixed. It was infuriating to the point I don't want to play if it could happen again.
Sometimes glitches happen (in this and every other game out there). If it happens again try goranker's suggestions.

If serial interdiction is a bug, I'll just set the game down until it's fixed.

First, let me say that I genuinely don't mean to discourage your ED play, quite the opposite.

That being said, if you're serious about putting ED down until bugs get fixed, you may as well uninstall now and move on. It's the sad truth. Just keep in mind, this is the only space flight sim option currently available. So if you have a particular itch for space flight sims, you'll need to learn to accept ED's bugs and flaws, and move on. Perhaps ya did indeed get screwed by one of ED's many issues. Let the pain pass and move on. It likely won't be the last time, so get used to it now and enjoy the one space flight sim there is for what it is.

I personally haven't experienced this issue in ~3k hours of play but I am also a combat pilot, not a space trucker. NPCs don't live to re-interdict me.

o7

Get guns... get armour. Get shields. Get gud..
Least that's how I did it...they interticted my trader she has teeth and sacrificed cargospace for hull reinforments and big shields.
Went onto engineering stuff to make the ship stronger.
Now l do the interdiction.
I practiced evading interdiction quite a lot, and am able to avoid them the vast majority of the time. When I don't, typically I can jump away before they can do anything. Did not work this time. My type-9 heavy was killed in under 10 seconds. I have 5c biweave and over 500 armor. I am trying to build enough reputation and money for a clipper so I CAN defend myself. I really enjoy being a space-trucker, so it's frustrating when the AI has insane advantage, especially in having no cool-down on interdiction the way players do. Why don't they have a cool-down?

If you submit rather than play the mini game then it's different.
They come out of warp tumbling on cd whilst your able to boost away and high wake.
So submit zero throttle chaff boost boost wake

Did the OP accept an elite level mission that had a warning you are going to be attacked? If you don't read the mission you can easily accept a mission you aren't prepared for. A really good indication is if they were asking you to do a basic delivery for a huge amount of credits.

Well, if you actually evaded the interdiction as opposed to submitting and escaping, then with one mission (and that's assuming that it's Elite ranked) you would have a maximum of four different NPC's lining up to attack you. So if there really were seven then it's either something buggy or something else going on.

To be clear, evading (winning the interdiction game) counts as a win against mission spawned enemies, but submitting then jumping back to SC doesn't and the same NPC will spawn again and interdict you time after time.

@Trepmal If I were you, I would equip an SLF bay with a gimballed fighter. When interdicted, put pips to 4/2/0 and submit. The moment you drop out of Supercruise deploy the SLF, boost and chaff. The NPC will stick to your SLF and let you escape. Well worth the loss of 32 tons of cargo capacity.

Doesn't sound right that you only had one mission, but interdictions can be a blessing. Get a ship capable of dealing with pirates and kill them for extra cash.

Did the OP accept an elite level mission that had a warning you are going to be attacked? If you don't read the mission you can easily accept a mission you aren't prepared for. A really good indication is if they were asking you to do a basic delivery for a huge amount of credits.
it was deliver 4000 of a material for 9M. is that an example of what you describe? It said I could be attacked. That said, it's irrelevant to my complaint, which is "AI can continuously interdict you until you fail, but players cannot"

Well, if you actually evaded the interdiction as opposed to submitting and escaping, then with one mission (and that's assuming that it's Elite ranked) you would have a maximum of four different NPC's lining up to attack you. So if there really were seven then it's either something buggy or something else going on.

To be clear, evading (winning the interdiction game) counts as a win against mission spawned enemies, but submitting then jumping back to SC doesn't and the same NPC will spawn again and interdict you time after time.
I certainly evaded, playing the aiming at a blue circle mini-game. It was 8 total, with 7 successful evasions followed by one failure.

Well only way you can get out of situation surely is kill the NPC interdicting you. If you cannot do so, well don't take missions with quaranteed opposition. It says in mission statement if there is possible opposition to mission.

Top Bottom