General wants in Odyssey, basic FPS STUFF without the FLUFF.

That was my first assumption as well. I was just a bit surprised why they wouldn't simply say "end of August" from the get-go to avoid some salt. So maybe we'll see something sooner after all.

Fortunately I really don't care whether we get news at the start or end of August.

That was my first assumption as well. I was just a bit surprised why they wouldn't simply say "end of August" from the get-go to avoid some salt. So maybe we'll see something sooner after all.

Fortunately I really don't care whether we get news at the start or end of August.

Its not hard really to just say a date up front, it would cut out about 60% of forum angst- after all all this stuff would be about things already done anyway. Its miserable in comparison to EDs early days of regular info (even when that was just a screenshot, or a dev interview).

Weapon skins, spacesuit skins, beam/projectile coloration. FDev, and game developers in general, can always count on people's vanity to bring them money. :)

It would be cool if there is coordinated game play between those on the ground and those flying above the surface, so that (for example) some can jettison 1 unit of personal weapons that can be used by those fighting on the ground.
Like Dust 514 but not ty and seperated from the ACTUAL main game it's supposed to be a part of?

Does anybody know what happens to our cmdrs if they get shot and killed? Do we just get magically transport back to our ship with a sticking plaster or are we controlling android type things, like SRV/fighters remotely?

Does anybody know what happens to our cmdrs if they get shot and killed? Do we just get magically transport back to our ship with a sticking plaster or are we controlling android type things, like SRV/fighters remotely?
Obviously if your commander character gets killed, Frontier close your account and delete your commander and your account and to continue playing you'll have to buy another copy of Elite Dangerous. Your lifetime expansion pass will be gone and all the cosmetics you bought will be gone.

Obviously I am joking before you jump on a rant

There are a number of fundamental things I wish for in Odyssey, obviously without asking for to much crazy stuff. Quite honestly, I do not know how FD will be able to seamlessly (or maybe not) incorporate this into ED. that being said. I would be quite happy with the following from a FPS view point:

1. Two weapons only (Main & Side arm), ammo limited to what you carry or find, please no "non-sense" in carrying 10 different rifles etc..
2. Med-kit / Revive possibility
3. REMLOCK suit oxygen limit (limit to x hours, otherwise find an Oxy refill station, go back to your ship, or die).
4. Gestures (Hostile/Friendly)
5. Direct Voice Comms in 200m radius, or whatever range. chance to negotiate with opponents if they are Player Characters
6. Ability to Pick-up / Drop Weapons & Equipment
7. No 3rd Person view, immersion breaking.
8. No loot boxes (Arx)
9. Use old-age design for Keyboard/Mouse FPS, Translate to console generation, not the other way around
10. You have my best wishes & good luck.

CMDR Jago
Your requests are reasonable for the combat side of Legs, but I personally hope the "space legs" is more Role Playing Game than First Person Shooter, as in more GTA than COD.

What's the over and under for bets on whether Odyssey will feature numbers popping off of enemies when you shoot them? I'm at about a 50/50 confidence level on that one right now.

Top Bottom