Give us the option to remove mods from suits and weapons.

My suggestion is explained very quickly:
Give us the option to remove or overwrite mods from suits and weapons.

In the game, it is not always clear what a modification exactly does. The only thing that helps is to try it out or to rely on the advice of other players.
You can also buy equipment with modifications already installed, which are not always useful.
In addition, your own playing style or preferences can change over time.

It is insane to upgrade a completely new suit and to provide it with new mods just because a mod on the current suit is no longer useful.

It is already possible to remove / exchange upgrades and / or special effects of our ship modules.
Otherwise, this system would not be conceivable.

Please be more respectful of our playing time and don't make us do it all over again for small changes to our equipment.
Agreed - could not have said it better myself.

I had no idea until this evening that suit mods could not be replaced. Please FDev, allow replacement or removal, whether this is overwritten mods or mods moved to storage. As it stands currently, after gathering mats for weeks now, I don't wish to go any further with my suit customisation, simply for fear of doing it wrong or deciding on a better/different build in the future. We have so much more customisation control over our ships. Why this isn't the case for suits (and weapons???) just blows my mind!

I just buy G3 suits off the shelves and never mind about any fancy upgrades since I do not see any advantages for my current gameplay.
Last week my wife complained and said "Oh well... what do I have to do for a fully upgraded suit? Can't be this hard to get it" and I replied "yea, good luck..."

Maybe I will do the grind, but 27 hours... nope.

very, very sad and dissapointing to see there is no reacting or any changes coming or anyones is working on things to be better than now

Rubbish necro, not even a year old. You've got to at least go back to 2019 if you're going to do it properly. :LOL:

That said, would be nice to be able to experiment with weapon setups without having to G5 a whole new weapon.

OP is good, but it would make more sense to allow us to swap and change modules between the same weapon and suite types once we have them.

Just because it's an old post doesn't mean it's not relevant.

I agree OP. We need this - would open up LOTS of experimentation that I otherwise won't do.

My suggestion is explained very quickly:
Give us the option to remove or overwrite mods from suits and weapons.

In the game, it is not always clear what a modification exactly does. The only thing that helps is to try it out or to rely on the advice of other players.
You can also buy equipment with modifications already installed, which are not always useful.
In addition, your own playing style or preferences can change over time.

It is insane to upgrade a completely new suit and to provide it with new mods just because a mod on the current suit is no longer useful.

It is already possible to remove / exchange upgrades and / or special effects of our ship modules.
Otherwise, this system would not be conceivable.
I think it would also be good to be able to take two weapons/suits and have an engineer smoosh them together as the process to transfer mods from one to another. That way a cool find in a Pioneer store could be used as a donor for your main weapon or suit of choice.

Even better … let us remove mods from a given weapon / suit and then apply them to another! That way a “lucky find” of a gun you have no use for with “auto reload” could actually mean getting that mod on a gun you use all the time …

EDIT
I see @Fizzatron kind beat me to that … or something very similar, at least!!

I agree. Having the option to remove or overwrite mods on suits and weapons is necessary for a better gaming experience. It's frustrating to not know exactly what a mod does and to have to rely on others' advice or trial and error. Additionally, my playing style and preferences change over time, so it's wasteful to have to constantly upgrade to new equipment for small changes. The ability to remove or exchange upgrades and special effects for ship modules already exists, so it makes sense to have this option for suits and weapons as well. :)

Moving mods would make engineering obsolete. Removal is reasonable.
not really, they could add a "combine" suits/weapons.
By that i mean take a suit G5 with 2 slots and 2 mods, then a G2 with one addon. combine them and lose the G2 to get the addon on the G5.
Then for example you'll have to pay a fee that increase each time you use that service with a few (I said a few, please stop the grinding machine) ressources that are not rare but smartly provided, glue and a random metal for example.

And if they have cold feet about that they can, just allow this only 2 or 3 times per stuff.
This way you HAVE to upgrade the equipment, but the addons can be recycled from other stuff, can be self made or bought from stall.

Oh and of course if the stuff has multiple addons, you'll chose one only and the rest would be lost.

Top Bottom