Give Yamiks an Alpha key!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Just an advice that you can disregard as you please, but cringe is related to pride, which mostly makes zero sense, once you start poking it with a stick. The World becomes a much more pleasant place when you learn how to accept the other monkeys for what they are, even though it's a hard one to swallow at first.

Cringe is NOT related to pride.

Pride is what I feel when I'm marching down a street with my fellow gays while dressed in rainbows and looking bloody fabulous.

Cringe is being embarrassed FOR someone. Like..."my god, this guy thinks he's funny...and thinks he's actually saying things that haven't been said before? Oh god..I pity them."

In case people are confused about how any of this works: Yamik earns his money by being outraged, creating drama and being insulting to people 'in a funny way'. You honestly belief that if FD told him from the start they thought he was a toxic dingleberry he would just say:"Ok." and not make a big deal out of it? :)
No not at all. In fact I would entirely expect Yamiks to do just that. The difference is there is no ambiguity in that scenario. As it stands, because FDev fudged around the issue it created doubt as to the motivation of FDev and the integrity of everyone they do deign to endorse.

The World becomes a much more pleasant place when you learn how to accept the other monkeys for what they are, even though it's a hard one to swallow at first.
One of my favourite features of living in a modern capitalist democracy is that I don't have to watch stuff that I find unappealing or uninteresting. Saved a lot of time not learning to accept how interesting Keeping up with the Kardashians is, despite there probably being something very human why people watch stuff like that.

"sole purpose of causing upset", clearly for Yamiks the use is for comic value.

Sole in this use surely means the target, which is Frontier.

Oh yeah nah it's cool when he says something is bad and uses homophobic language; he's not using my entire sexuality as a punchline. Or when he uses the r-word like a early 2000s edgelord.

Yeah naw, dude's a waste of font.

Yamiks doesn't dislike the game. He's practically a fanboy in wolfs clothing.

But his content is immature and hyper-critical, so pretty good reason there why FD wouldn't want to sponsor him in any way.
Alright, I'll reword that to "someone who will inevitably **** all over the game" rather than dislikes.

How do you know it's dishonest and that's the reason he wasn't given a key? He may be a content creator, but there are many, many other content creators. You are suggesting that Frontier are excluding everyone who regularly makes content based on Elite Dangerous but didn't get a key. That just seems a little strange to me.

The arbitrary limit on keys is dishonest. That much is obvious. Right now they can decide, "you know what, let's add ten more keys to the distribution list", without any difficulties or adverse consequences.

I'm only going by the Frontier representative's own words. The keys are for core content creators. Not any content creators, but core content creators. Yamiks, due to his time as a content creator for Elite, the amount of content he's created, and his significant viewership, would meet any reasonable criteria for that category. So given that on that basis he should be included among those who receive a key, but he is not, that means he's been excluded. If anyone else would reasonably meet the criteria for being a core content creator and did not receive a key, then they also have been excluded.

Oh yeah nah it's cool when he says something is bad and uses homophobic language; he's not using my entire sexuality as a punchline. Or when he uses the r-word like a early 2000s edgelord.

Yeah naw, dude's a waste of font.
Thats how it always works. Some dude insult hordes of people? Well, they just need to grow a thicker skin! Same dude doesn't get preferential treatment? Greatest Injustice Ever!

The arbitrary limit on keys is dishonest. That much is obvious. Right now they can decide, "you know what, let's add ten more keys to the distribution list", without any difficulties or adverse consequences.
No, they cannot. The limit is not determined by FD but by Valve. Of course, even if they did hit their limit that still just means they chose hordes of other people over him, so its not a direct explanation anyway.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom