Gnosis upcoming jump [FOR THE DEVS]

Hey guys.

With the upcoming gnosis jump to a permit locked system there is a great opportunity for some epic gameplay and surprises.

I have no doubt that you have something in store for us. Even if it’s just a bunch of new thargoids to shoot at.

That said can I make a suggestion. The lore has said that the area has been permit locked due to the thargoid presence. The gnosis has stated that the jump will be going ahead in any case despite the thargoid threat.

In light of that threat being realised would it make sense for the gnosis to be upfitted with thargoid weaponary and utilities. Lore wise I’m sure that the cannon and pilots federation would want to provide people already there with the best equipment. To protect themselves?

Doesn’t even have to be guardian weapons. Just the utilities and ax equipment would help ensure the survival of many unarmed vessels present.

The thought the “powers that be” would overlook the safety of those who are helping with the science and thargoid outbreak goes outside of lore.

TLDR: can the gnosis outfitting be updates with anti thargoid tech and utilities because... lore.

I'd rather watch them and most of the people jumping going with them having minor (if any) Thargoid experience and watching them all get slaughtered, Gnosis attacked like a station and they are left stranded till the permit lock is lifted so people can render aid. The idea of getting stuck in an area you can't escape from is silly and everyone going is likely gonna get stranded!

Remember people have been on the ship for some time. And have been going on exploration and support. Not combatting thargoids.

The ship is jumping to a space where there has been reported the highest threat of thargoids. The new hydra.

Erm, I think we're all beginning to lose sight of the real issue here, which is: what are we going to call ourselves? And I think it comes down to a choice between "The League Against Salivating Monsters," or - and this is my personal preference - "The Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society." Erm, one drawback with that - the abbreviation is C.L.I.T.O.R.I.S.

Erm, I think we're all beginning to lose sight of the real issue here, which is: what are we going to call ourselves? And I think it comes down to a choice between "The League Against Salivating Monsters," or - and this is my personal preference - "The Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society." Erm, one drawback with that - the abbreviation is C.L.I.T.O.R.I.S.

Very pertinent point you raise.

However, the danger with option 2...

50% of Pilot's will be lost and wondering what the hell they are supposed to be doing ("I know its here somewhere...." [where is it])
The other 50% will be annoyed and wondering what the hell the first 50% think they are actually doing :rolleyes:

Maybe so. But explorers are gonna have a look and some of us are here, have hunted thargoids in the past, and don’t have the kit with us and would rather a lore based availability of kit rather than a 2000ly round trip to collect it

Aye I know that. But the galnet has suggested this a hydra nest... 10 hearts! Stronger than a medusa.

The hauler and rest of us are most Definetly going to have a fight on our hands if this the case.

Is that the same guy/gal who already killed a Thargoid Interceptor with a Hauler?

No sadly not, I just got in the hauler and boarded the Gnosis from a fresh commander in the evening before it last jumped. The Hauler is stock apart from A rated FSD and D rated other bits, no weapons, no engineering (base game only, was deleted account I previously transferred from xbox) Just wanted to come along for the ride!

Top Bottom