CQC Good Game Thread

Thanks Artysu and Curtis! One day I'll figure out how you do that "not being there" when I'm trying to shoot at you...

I learned the value of effective fleeing by chasing Tannik Seldon and Artysu, and never being able to catch them. It is almost impossible to kill those guys, because they are so good at running away when under fire. I am trying to work on that myself. You've got to know where that stealth mode power up is at all times! lol. That's only part of it though. Using obstacles to break line of sight and then changing direction when your pursuer disappears from your radar is a good escape strategy to master. It's all practice tbh. A lot of practice. I am getting better at escaping and staying alive, but it is definitely harder when certain beast mode players are in the room. :D And yes, GGs earlier Ian Doncaster.

Last edited:
Curtis you're definitely a lot more dangerous than you used to be. Whatever you're doing to get better is most certainly working. :D

haha Thanks Tannik. I appreciate that. I've learned a lot from watching you guys, and it has helped me push myself to improve. I do feel like I am steadily tightening my game, but playing you and the other elite pilots still feels exactly like THIS. LOL.

Last edited:
I suffer from a disorder named 'target fixation' so I dare you to try and run.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
haha Thanks Tannik. I appreciate that. I've learned a lot from watching you guys, and it has helped me push myself to improve. I do feel like I am steadily tightening my game, but playing you and the other elite pilots still feels exactly like THIS. LOL.

love it , so true .

Brimstone . i too have a real problem with authority , if there's a better player i feel the need to be the one to take them , at my own peril . going to work on that ;) .

17:41 . if you could hear my laughter all the way through that lats game curtis , you would wet your pants . the bit in the central compound set me off but what a finish . got to go for dinner though , brb .

Last edited:
Well played brimstone. sorry I didn't reply. I wasn't ignoring you I was already in another match and you cannot use any comms. I dropped to main menu and replied as soon as the match was over but you logged off as I pressed enter lol.

Yes the matchmaking does seem to be making more even matches now :)
Cheers
Mal

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Oh and on i side note it is remembering loadouts now finally ...... YAY!

Well played brimstone. sorry I didn't reply. I wasn't ignoring you I was already in another match and you cannot use any comms. I dropped to main menu and replied as soon as the match was over but you logged off as I pressed enter lol.

Yes the matchmaking does seem to be making more even matches now :)
Cheers
Mal

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Oh and on i side note it is remembering loadouts now finally ...... YAY!

No need to apologize! Yeah those were a good two matches :D I just wanted to log in to see how well it was working, and it seems to be working much better. That was a very well balanced team, so we had a couple very close matches.

In advance of tonights three hour mayhem , may i wish you all luck , even those that don't need any more . GG in advance because i know you all won't let me down . May the loading of stream pages and playlists commence . :)

Sooo exited :) , can you tell . Nights like this draw more people in than i could ever imagined those first lonely loading screens .

Got my first tunes lined up haha , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWipIji35Cg

Captain Lockhead and the Starfighters .

Last edited:
Have fun! I'm more than a little jealous that you get all the CQC events during your primetime (they hit during the middle of my workday).

Have fun! I'm more than a little jealous that you get all the CQC events during your primetime (they hit during the middle of my workday).

Ditto. I took last Tuesday off for Dangerzone, but could not actually get into any of the stream rooms. grrrr. I suspect it's because I am in North America, and Fdev is in the UK, so they get preferentially matched with closer players. X-(

On the bright side, it means I can just imagine thoroughly thrashing everybody rather than being faced with the cold hard (very different) reality. Ego preserved! :D

Well, it's busy tonight - got games instantly in both deathmatch and team (though still no-one around in CTF, by the looks of it) and didn't see anyone else I recognised at all.

Anyway, gg to Osterius, John D Travis, Pegasus Crusader, and everyone else in deathmatch ... and to Koops and Reshkaus in team for their demonstration of how to use Sidewinders well.

I haven't tried deathmatch for a while and this time it was fun as there were some good players.

Especially good matches with Steenpass. It is good when it is possible to play few rounds with same guys.

P.J. Hi-Pack, for sitting through some queues with me. Though, during some matches I wished you gone ;). Those explosions hurt.

Artysu, for increasing the rate of my explosions even more.

P.J. Hi-Pack, for sitting through some queues with me. Though, during some matches I wished you gone ;). Those explosions hurt.

Artysu, for increasing the rate of my explosions even more.

I swear Artysu has Target Hashishin bound to his hotas . He can find me so fast . I swear i am 60% of his score every time we are in game together . Makes games without him seem so easy though is the plus side .

OMG GG's Artysu , had to go for dinner but that was like a week at the CQC gym .

Last edited:
Top Bottom