mmmFollowing the recent patch to ED I have updated the mod to use the most recent version of 3DMigoto. If you are using an earlier version of the mod there is no need to update it unless you are experiencing problems (error messages) since the recent ED patch.
The mod contains the same options as the earlier versions, which are:
The mod options can be enabled or disabled to your liking. All mod options are enabled by default except hard mode which is for CMDRS wanting a more challenging play mode.
- Remove particles (star streaks) in supercruise.
- Remove particles (dust) in normal flight.
- Remove vertical lines from the cockpit in supercruise.
- Remove streaks from ship windscreen.
- Remove the haze from inside of starports.
- Remove the haze when on planet surfaces.
- Remove external "circle", object and target placeholders and orbital lines (hard mode).
The mod was tested in 2D and VR using un-modded standard game settings in "ultra". A PC version of ED purchased through the Frontier Developments or Steam Store is required. The mod may work with a PC version of Elite Dangerous purchased through the Oculus Rift Store, but some issues have been detected by CMDRS using that version of the game. Testing the mod on my rig (Win 10, Nvidia graphics card) did not throw up any loading errors and all of the mod options appeared to work as intended.
If you would like to try the mod or update an earlier version of the mod, then:
1. Uninstall any existing version of 3DMigoto using the "uninstall.bat" file (found in the existing installation directory).
2. Download 3DMigoto (version 1.3.14) from GitHub.
3. Extract the archive into a temp directory.
4. Copy all of the contents of the X64 directory to the same directory as your ED executable (the game directory will end in something like "C:\ … \Products\elite-dangerous-64").
5. Download the attached .txt file and rename it "d3dx.ini" (without quotes).
6. Place modded d3dx.ini file in the same directory that you installed 3DMigoto (to replace the default d3dx.ini file).
That's it. Ready to go! Just play ED as you normally do.
NOTE: Don't forget to refresh your game shaders after installation of the mod using the game settings (which allow you to reload the shaders on startup).
ATTACHED FILE: View attachment 122918
NOTE: Updating ED will remove the 3DMigoto and the mod. Just reinstall in the same way after the update to keep using the mod.
trying to reinstall after Tuesday's update, but can't see any attachment for the d3dx.ini file? Or is it this b*****d new forum & I just can't see it??
as you were, I found it!!!