Grizzlys Fighting due to overcrowding

I hope someone over here can help me. I play a sandbox game (to not play with money) but i would like to keep things as realistically as possible. I don't want to disable certain animal behaviours since it is just part of what they are.

Coming to the issue. i have made a Grizzly habitat, with plenty of space (over 2,5x what they need according to the Zoopedia). Now naturally i would like them to mate, so i got myself a female and a male. However,they continuously fight eachother due to "Overcrowding" which should not happen since i have a habitat of correct size (i even tripled it as a test but the fights still occurred), and i have only 1 male, and 1 female. What makes it even more strange, in Goodwin House (the tutorial level) the Grizzly's dont fight despite being in a smaller habitat.

I have seen some posts about issues like this, however, they all stated it must be due to insufficient size, which is not the case in my zoo. I hope someone can help me out on this, or can confirm that this may be a bug and it is going to be fixed. Thanks in advance for reading and replying :)

Last edited:
Hi,I would check the Heat Map for Traversible Area, to make sure the bears can actually utilize all the available space. They might be blocked or restricted by a steep slope they can't navigate or a too-narrow path.

Also I would click on the Info panel of each bear and see what it says for Land Area of that bear.... is it green, showing that they really do have enough space, or is it orange or red?

Finally, I would double check that you actually have 1 of each sex, rather than 2 males or 2 females. More than once I've accidentally bought the wrong gender. Good luck... Hope something helps!

Hey Kelly,

thank you so much for replying. I did check and all was in green. I destroyed the habitat boundary and rebuilt it, and somehow that fixed the issue for me. So must have been the game not telling the animals they can go xD

Top Bottom