Guardian nanite torpedo, perhaps a new use.

The new weapon has proved effective against the biggest thargoid threat ever, the Titans. However, considering it disrupts thargoid biotechnology to molecular level, why does it only affect the titan and not all the other Thargoid ships like interceptors and hunters?
It'd be highly effective if this torpedo could also have some effect on Interceptors and hunters, considering it was also made to resist the Glaive's AGF. Maybe some kind of disruption towards thargoid thrsuters, shield, EMP or Swarm.
This could bring a new way of fighting thargoid Ships with some actual Guardian payload, (and also save the module if it becomes useless once all titans are gone)

Last edited:
The new weapon has proved effective against the biggest thargoid threat ever, the Titans. However, considering it disrupts thargoid biotechnology to molecular level, why does it only affect the titan and not all the other Thargoid ships like interceptors and hunters?
It'd be highly effective if this torpedo could also have some effect on Interceptors and hunters, considering it was also made to resist the Glaive's AGF. Maybe some kind of disruption towards thargoid thrsuters, shield, EMP or Swarm.
This could bring a new way of fighting thargoid Ships with some actual Guardian payload, (and also save the module if it becomes useless once all titans are gone)
The Titans aren’t gone yet and when they do it will be much more important that this weapon be adapted to work against the important enemy, humans.

Yes, I've had similar ideas. Originally, before it was out, my ideas tended towards exertion or heart destruction, but I didn't know that they'd have so much ammo, making these ideas OP. Now I think they should cause a debuff (for 10 seconds maybe) that prevents the thargoid from using any of their special attack. Interceptors can't use lightning, missiles, shutdown. Scouts couldn't use their buffs or shoot missiles. Same with Hunter class and perhaps we could count the anti-guardian field as special attack too.

A weaker addition to the above idea: Perhaps the torpedo could make an Interceptor unable to launch its swarm for a while somehow. Perhaps nullify the next swarm launch completely. I'm mostly throwing that idea in because our anti-swarm methods have fallen behind the demands modern AXCZs put on them and many CMDRs prefer to fight on surface because of that.

Indeed, we have the theory that we might now follow them to their homeworlds and even find guardian cities. But that's tinfoil.
Not really... it's just business sense on this occasion.

And fwiw, i worded my response to specifically refer to the current ones in the bubble. There's no reason others couldn't invade in the future, just like previous invasions.

Besides all that, the fact that the Thargoid war has specific UI elements added just for it, rather than piggybacking existing elements suggests these interactions are strong indicators these interactions aren't going away.

Last edited:
Not really... it's just business sense on this occasion.

And fwiw, i worded my response to specifically refer to the current ones in the bubble. There's no reason others couldn't invade in the future, just like previous invasions.

Besides all that, the fact that the Thargoid war has specific UI elements added just for it, rather than piggybacking existing elements suggests these interactions are strong indicators these interactions aren't going away.
That'd be a never ending cycle. But we're pretty used to that I'm sure.

Yes, I've had similar ideas. Originally, before it was out, my ideas tended towards exertion or heart destruction, but I didn't know that they'd have so much ammo, making these ideas OP. Now I think they should cause a debuff (for 10 seconds maybe) that prevents the thargoid from using any of their special attack. Interceptors can't use lightning, missiles, shutdown. Scouts couldn't use their buffs or shoot missiles. Same with Hunter class and perhaps we could count the anti-guardian field as special attack too.

A weaker addition to the above idea: Perhaps the torpedo could make an Interceptor unable to launch its swarm for a while somehow. Perhaps nullify the next swarm launch completely. I'm mostly throwing that idea in because our anti-swarm methods have fallen behind the demands modern AXCZs put on them and many CMDRs prefer to fight on surface because of that.
10 seconds would be too OP. But I agree, maybe not deal raw damage but at least some kind of disrutption on their systems, It could thrusters, EMP, Shield, lighting or swarm.

However, considering it disrupts thargoid biotechnology to molecular level, why does it only affect the titan and not all the other Thargoid ships like interceptors and hunters?
Maybe they don't have a suitable orifice to clog up with unpleasant substances? (even if they did, waiting several days for the internal pressure to become overwhelming might make hunting them very protracted...)

Maybe they don't have a suitable orifice to clog up with unpleasant substances? (even if they did, waiting several days for the internal pressure to become overwhelming might make hunting them very protracted...)
But interesting if you had to be present at the actual death to get the rewards and XP, people would have to track their wounded prey just like their ancient ancestors had to track down wounded stags through the forests of Blackpool.

The Thargoids certainly know the limits of our ship selection. We don't know their limits though. The Titans may be their equivalent to our Python for all we know.

The nanite torpedoes could see plenty of use for the foreseeable future.

Swarm oriffice is big enough Lol. And Nanites are meant to be microscopic. Still. No idea why it only affects titan when all their Tech is Biological.

The Thargoids certainly know the limits of our ship selection. We don't know their limits though. The Titans may be their equivalent to our Python for all we know.

The nanite torpedoes could see plenty of use for the foreseeable future.
Forseeable future After 4 more years

Swarm oriffice is big enough Lol. And Nanites are meant to be microscopic. Still. No idea why it only affects titan when all their Tech is Biological.
The nanites specifically attack the Titan's complex cooling system. Thargoid "ships" don't have such a system, so those task-specific nanites won't work on them.

"Ram Tah discovered that exposure to certain electromagnetic frequencies caused Guardian relics to open and activate clusters of microscopic nanites. These react aggressively against Thargoid biotechnology by disrupting it on the molecular level. Most significantly, tests proved that these nanites are unaffected by the anti-Guardian field generated within Maelstroms."
If we believe Ram Tah, it disrupts all thargoid tech, never specified it was meant for heat vents, they simply discovered it can be used for that
"Our strategists believe that these weapons could affect a Titan’s heat regulation systems, causing internal damage and eventually even total destruction.”
This doesn't mean it cannot have any other uses for tactical advantage against Interceptors / Scouts / Hunters.

Top Bottom