Guardians Discussions

I don't know if anyone else already mentioned, but scanning an Active Ancient Obelisk on the new Guardian site gave 3 Weapon Blueprint Segments. I must have scanned 15-20 of these, noticed this twice.

So, make sure you also scan all active obelisks while there, too.

edit: grammar

Which sites do I have to go to to get the following stuff:
4 Guardian Module Blueprint Segment
36 Guardian Power Conduit
42 Pattern Epsilon Obelisk Data

Can that all be found at one of the new sites (obviously will probably have to mode switch and run through the puzzle more than once) or will I also need to go back to the previously discovered ruins for the Pattern Epsilon data?

I ask because all of that is needed to unlock the Guardian Hybrid Powerplant. I'm honestly surprised people aren't going nuts about this: it's the equivalent of an A rated, G5 overcharged powerplant and a fraction of the cost (8A GHP is 4,835,008 Cr vs. standard 8A at 162,586,486 Cr)! I want to unlock this asap and replace all my ships' powerplants and recoup a LOT of cash! :D

Can that all be found at one of the new sites (obviously will probably have to mode switch and run through the puzzle more than once) or will I also need to go back to the previously discovered ruins for the Pattern Epsilon data?

I ask because all of that is needed to unlock the Guardian Hybrid Powerplant. I'm honestly surprised people aren't going nuts about this: it's the equivalent of an A rated, G5 overcharged powerplant and a fraction of the cost (8A GHP is 4,835,008 Cr vs. standard 8A at 162,586,486 Cr)! I want to unlock this asap and replace all my ships' powerplants and recoup a LOT of cash! :D

With the current bug that's just been linked to me being a thing, just grind for your Epsilon data and you should be able to get all of your module data randomly while doing that. I know I have.

I share a problem with you though, in that I am scanning obelisks for the Epsilon data, but can't find it. I've been getting pretty much just Alpha and Gamma from this site, so I've been wondering if it's site specific. If that's the case, which site has the data we're looking for?

Oh, and the power conduit things are easily attainable from the breakable structures in the new sites.

Last edited:
With the current bug that's just been linked to me being a thing, just grind for your Epsilon data and you should be able to get all of your module data randomly while doing that. I know I have.

I share a problem with you though, in that I am scanning obelisks for the Epsilon data, but can't find it. I've been getting pretty much just Alpha and Gamma from this site, so I've been wondering if it's site specific. If that's the case, which site has the data we're looking for?

Its all RNG. Epsilon isn't a common data type, but its found from any obelisk like the other patterns.

Its all RNG. Epsilon isn't a common data type, but its found from any obelisk like the other patterns.

That doesn't bode well then. I've been at this site scanning for about an hour without finding a single one.

EDIT: Literally the next one I scan gives me one. So you're not wrong, apparently it is just that rare.

Last edited:

So to get Epsilon data.. one of the three sites publicly listed (I think Col 173 Sector) has Ancient Ruins sites on the same planet. Go there. There are dozens of active obelisks, no enemies, so lots of easy data. It took me about an hour, and I ended up almost maxing out my Alpha and Gamma data before I got 42 Epsilons because of the rng.

anyone happened to run into guardian skimmers? or is this old?

2 Guardian-skimmers (those from the Ram Tah picture) attacked me at SYNUEFE LY-I B42-2,
i killed them and went on for guardins powercells and conduits

edith said:forget it, i found the right thread

Last edited:
I share a problem with you though, in that I am scanning obelisks for the Epsilon data, but can't find it.

Col 173 Sector QU-O d6-25 5 B , 4 active obelisks, weapons...
Check the radar for guardian stuff, dont trust Your eyes (target)...

vZukhLW.jpg

Not all objects are visible from SRV. Ive brougt missiles to lift them up, so I grab them with cargo scoop or limpets.
I am collecting Epsilon there.

Last edited:
Kill the thargoids, now kill the guardians too, then kill humanity???

The Guardians are already dead. They wiped themselves out. These are just their version of Skimmers.
What we are likely going to have to contend with is the Guardian's AI, especially if it's gone Skynet and considers organic life something to purge.

The Guardians are already dead. They wiped themselves out. These are just their version of Skimmers.
What we are likely going to have to contend with is the Guardian's AI, especially if it's gone Skynet and considers organic life something to purge.

Speculated that they are extinct although the AI clan went out from the homeworld before hand

I've been doing the Ram Tah mission again and picking up a lot of the data and blueprints while scanning the obelisks - I figured might as well make 100 million while I'm doing it. Any Guardian Structures I see on my travels I visit for the various materials and to see if there are Data terminals there.

Last edited:

Freeze frame the missile. It looks completely un textured. Probably not a finished object I don't think anyone should take any stock in this confirming a guardian-thargoid or guardian-meta alloy relation just because it's green. I think meta alloys are an advanced material that guardians could have used. But it doesn't prove relation. There no caustic effect and the explosion is electric concussion not caustic gas. Doesn't display any similarities in how thargoid weaponry functions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom