Guardians Discussions

Hey cmdr, it’s been put forward many times and been a favourite idea for quite a few cmdrs. The latest codex logs have however seem to have confirmed that this is not the case and that they have completely separate origins.

MANY thanks Commander Thatchinho, thanks for your reply, I wasn't sure if this had been proposed, confirmed what I know... that I rarely come up with anything new or leading edge...ho hum.

Rep+1 o7

Last edited:
Here are the data sets I have so far that are not included on the first page.

11/28 Weapons development

This log describes the Guardian's weapon technology. It seems they developed electromagnetic projectiles weapons early in their modern period, utilising the same technology they used to launch their first spacecraft. These weapons ionized the path their target (took) before firing focused bolts of energy along the ionized track. They were crude and unpredictable at first, sometimes resulting in the death of the wielder, but once the Guardians learned to regulate the ionisation process they became more stable

12/28 Defences

This data relates to Guardian shield technology. Of course, I already knew they had developed extremely effective shields, capable of protecting entire cities and even of withstanding orbital bombardment. And I was aware that their shields were effective against both laser weapons and kinetic projectiles. But it is remarkable to consider that this technology was developed millions of years ago, relatively early in the Guardians' timeline

13/28 Starships

This data provides further insights into the Guardians' ship technology. We already know how ecologically conscientious the guardians were, and of their assiduous avoidance of rockets and fossil fuels, so it isn't surprising their first spacecraft were fired into space with electromagnetic launchers. Of course, this was an imperfect system that did not allow pilots to adjust their course after launch.

Over time the Guardians' starships became more sophisticated, but their approach to space travel remained rooted in a respect for the natural world, and their interplanetary expansion was fuelled by clean nuclear fission and fusion. Their ships could travel at speeds approximating those of our own present-day craft. Unfortunately, the data includes no schematic information, so it seems likely that the details have been lost. It's a shame - I'm sure the Pilots Federation would have liked to know more about the Guardians' spacecraft.

14/28 Sentinals

This data concerns the automated defence systems found at the Guardian sites. You may have already encountered them. The data indicates that these Sentinels date from some time prior to the second Guardian civil war. They are designed to respond aggressively to any unauthorised activity around the ruins. If you are forced to defend yourself, kinetic weaponry would be your best form of attack, since the Sentinels have no shields. Destroying them is of course regrettable, but Sentinel weapon parts are of considerable value, so the loss is not significant.

21/28 Power Plant And Distributor Technology

This log details the Guardians' power plant and distributor technology. The efficiency of this technology far exceeded anything the human race has yet developed, and the yield was huge in relation to the input required. Unfortunately, the specifics of how this was achieved are not described in the log. But who knows? Perhaps the secrets of the Guardians' energy technology will someday be discovered.

Last edited:
Question below

I am getting Guardian Blueprints from just regular scanning of obelisks, anyone know of that is a bug or not as it seems to take the wind out of the sails of activating the site with the pillars.

Is it a bug?

Um - anyone else coming across sites that have changed?

This is HIP 39768 A 14F -0.0129, -149.47 (GR 25 Beta Site). The site has changed...

Edit: Looks like there may be several. Reported on the canonn form

Last edited:
Spectrogram of Ancient Data Terminal Activation, nothing worthy of note, except the horizontal patterns. Nothing pops out at me.

0fYlerQ.jpg

So which new sites are giving out data from the Obelisks. The story / text stuff as the ones I have been to are bugged as used the correct orb / urn etc but just says Civ data and nothing else. No information appears

So which new sites are giving out data from the Obelisks. The story / text stuff as the ones I have been to are bugged as used the correct orb / urn etc but just says Civ data and nothing else. No information appears

Did you get the mission from Ram Tah at Weber Dock first?

So how many codex entries has everyone got so far? I'm sitting on 13, but I know of one or two that exist but I haven't been to those sites yet.

So how many codex entries has everyone got so far? I'm sitting on 13, but I know of one or two that exist but I haven't been to those sites yet.

Hah, I have four so far, all listed on the first page so nothing new. Working on increasing that though. :cool:

Top Bottom