COMPLETED CG Harold Duval Memorial Ceremony (Trade - Rare goods)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
So, 1 hour and a half, and all I got were 49 tons of whatever. I'm off.
Haha same here. I tried it out yesterday, flew 200+Ly from Baal to Lave for only 25T Lavian Brandy, then flew another 200+Ly to Esuseku for only 12T Esuseku Caviar, then another 200+Ly to Kamitra for only 12T Kamitra Cigars, skipped Ngadandari because Napiar Terminal is half a million Lys away :sleep:, flew 100+Ly back to Baal to sell those 49T rare goods.

Nope, that's enough for me. This community goal is too tedious of a grinding for my gaming time (n)

Having a good time delivering Kamitra cigars in a stripped down Hauler and FAOff. Even got pirated tonight. Forgot how much fun all this can be. I'm terribly slow though, only 30 tons in about 50 minutes, but a great way to wind down for the evening.

Glad to see we're past Tier 1.

Carry on carrying on gents. Last one out turn off the lights please.

I know this isn't the most lucrative CG, but I am pretty jazzed and intrigued about the Achernar permit.

Sure, getting to Squire isn't that much of a grind, but there's an engineer in Achernar. She's the only engineer that offers Grade 5 for a few things, and while a top shelf Kill Warrant Scanner isn't necessarily a pivotal piece of tech, it is a bit squiffy from a narrative/roleplay perspective that you have to earn prestige with the Empire in order to get access to that kind of stuff. Being able to get the Achernar permit here means you now don't have to go past Outsider (to unlock the previous engineer) if you don't want to, and I am strongly in favour of opt-out options.

I wonder if this is an isolated thing (something is planned for Achernar in the near future, they want to make it easier to access), or if it's part of a faction rethink. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a CG that offers a Sol permit soon (tied in with the Starship One storyline?), and I hope this is a clue that Odyssey is going to do more with faction ranks than just using them as an unlock grind. More in-game effects for faction ranks is my favourite drum to bang on, so I have my fingers crossed this is the start of that.

It does seem like FDev overcompensated after the last CG ended so quickly; this one really does seem to be a lot of effort for little reward. Even if you're in the market for a new Cutter (or two) you'd still be able to afford 'em much quicker running normal cargo runs, missions, combat, or (obviously) mining.

It's ironic as it's called a 'Community Goal' but has targets most easily achieved in Solo, without the waiting for rares to respawn, landing pads to become available, or the threat of pirates/gankers.

From the posts above though it's clear that the people having the most fun (or at least writing about it) are the ones in Open... and isn't having fun why we're here? ;)

It's ironic as it's called a 'Community Goal' but has targets most easily achieved in Solo, without the waiting for rares to respawn, landing pads to become available, or the threat of pirates/gankers.

Uhmm, are you new or are you really old? 😇

You have to wait for the rares to respawn in any mode.
If you fly a small ship, landing pads are not an issue (both dolphin and dbx work nicely) - and pirates and gankers are converging on any target rich environment which some are avoiding it by using the modes as designed.
So nothing different from any other CG

oh, there is a difference, some are using Carriers, minimizing the interdiction window and doing lots of small runs then 1-2 large runs with a Conda/T9/Cutter

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
It does seem like FDev overcompensated after the last CG ended so quickly; this one really does seem to be a lot of effort for little reward. Even if you're in the market for a new Cutter (or two) you'd still be able to afford 'em much quicker running normal cargo runs, missions, combat, or (obviously) mining.

From the posts above though it's clear that the people having the most fun (or at least writing about it) are the ones in Open... and isn't having fun why we're here? ;)

FDev are trying to gauge the influence of carriers on CGs, and they do react to changes. This CG required totals was reduced from the beginning, since Fleet Carriers offer less of an advantage due the limited availability and no way to buy the rares on the carrier.

Funnily enough rares are the CGs that are most effective in Open, teabagging lets player pool their allocation to greatly cut back on time spent travelling. it is also a lot of fun.

Uhmm, are you new or are you really old? 😇

You have to wait for the rares to respawn in any mode.
If you fly a small ship, landing pads are not an issue (both dolphin and dbx work nicely) - and pirates and gankers are converging on any target rich environment which some are avoiding it by using the modes as designed.
So nothing different from any other CG

oh, there is a difference, some are using Carriers, minimizing the interdiction window and doing lots of small runs then 1-2 large runs with a Conda/T9/Cutter
This ain't my first rodeo; it's my second actually so I'm still on the steep part of the learning curve with these CGs 😜

Rares respawn point was related to teabaggers who are going to be clock-watching waiting for the 10 minute timer to count down before they can pick up their next allocation and drop it off outside, although your point about carriers is a good one; pilots could just as well be waiting for the timer in Solo if they have a carrier. I've just been using my Phantom so I can do the round trip in 12 minutes, but it sounds like the teabaggers have been finding plenty to entertain themselves with while the clock is ticking.

The scenario with a Cutter sat outside the station waiting for a pad to become available and getting gank-rammed happened in the last CG I believe. Can you imagine having to clean all that brandy off the station exterior?

Having found the link to the forum archives in a thread in DD this is the one I was thinking of.

It's a good candidate - I note the presence of Hutton Orbital in the list of source stations - but I'd only been playing for about a month or so at that point and was still a long way off taking part in my first CG.

I'm pretty sure Para Handy nailed the one I was thinking - if you can call it thinking - of.

Haha same here. I tried it out yesterday, flew 200+Ly from Baal to Lave for only 25T Lavian Brandy, then flew another 200+Ly to Esuseku for only 12T Esuseku Caviar, then another 200+Ly to Kamitra for only 12T Kamitra Cigars, skipped Ngadandari because Napiar Terminal is half a million Lys away :sleep:, flew 100+Ly back to Baal to sell those 49T rare goods.

Nope, that's enough for me. This community goal is too tedious of a grinding for my gaming time (n)
This is better done with exploration ships, I can go from Baal to Lave in 3 jumps.

Well, I got my Boom ready to roll, don't know about you guys ;)

1601205979702.png

You can get that permit when you get to Imperial Navy rank of Squire. Too easy.

Yes I know but I'm working almost 100% for Feds so my Britannia-in-spaace navy rank is something quite low, outsider or something. Only single single time I needed the permit was when I participated E:D Lore Tour where one task was to visit on Achenar.

Simple reason for working for Feds: It's Murica

I wonder if this is an isolated thing (something is planned for Achernar in the near future, they want to make it easier to access),

Concur, story plot point, otherwise makes no sense. 'We have jus had 4 stations bombed and Prince Harold assassinated, lets give everyone the Permit to our Home system, thatll be safe'

Wheres the TeeBaggers FC atm and whats it called? On XB so probably bagging myself but I want to take part :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom