Have Vista Genomics gone mad?

It seems like an old school gold rush and it wouldn't be the first time these have affected rank.
I can understand the money hike as it ties to the story but it seems severe... although they may just be giving explorer types something worthwhile to do and it will help with rebuys.
Just my thoughts on it..

This is up some, but you are going to find first discoveries relatively close by, at least for now, because few people were doing ExoBio.

Screenshot_20221203_031932_Edge.jpg

This is up some, but you are going to find first discoveries relatively close by, at least for now, because few people were doing ExoBio.

View attachment 335521
It's an interesting insight, and also inadvertently kind of reflective of the player base as a whole. Us explorer types tend to be pretty self-sufficient out in the black. A bit concerned about the Thargoid invasion however, and watching closely. Hopefully, that 89.92% will do us proud!

I think the numbers for ExoBio will grow so long as they don't hit it with the nerf stick to hard.

It's a good side activity while exploring, but I do wish they would've gone with Xenoarchiology instead, something a little more mysterious. But, I do understand that the development for that would've been a much larger undertaking than adding a few flora models.

I think the numbers for ExoBio will grow so long as they don't hit it with the nerf stick to hard.

It's a good side activity while exploring, but I do wish they would've gone with Xenoarchiology instead, something a little more mysterious. But, I do understand that the development for that would've been a much larger undertaking than adding a few flora models.
That's an interesting point, particularly given what's currently occurring. Weird new life occurring on those world with a crashed Thargoid Probe, for example?

i don't care if the credits stay as they are but if boggles my mind that FD didn't think that with an exceptional boost to pay that the elite scale didn't need a boost. I would have thought it would be better to have linked the 2 scales together so that if exobiology gets a 500% boost in profits, the elite ranking automatically gets inflated too without any extra work from FD

Does anyone know whether the pre-Odyssey non-tenuous atmospheric Biologicals have had their price increased? I have scanned some Anenome recently and haven't had a chance to find a Vista Genomics to check yet.

i don't care if the credits stay as they are but if boggles my mind that FD didn't think that with an exceptional boost to pay that the elite scale didn't need a boost. I would have thought it would be better to have linked the 2 scales together so that if exobiology gets a 500% boost in profits, the elite ranking automatically gets inflated too without any extra work from FD
It often seems like FD aren't really very good at what they're doing, which is weird considering how long they've been doing it.

Does anyone know whether the pre-Odyssey non-tenuous atmospheric Biologicals have had their price increased? I have scanned some Anenome recently and haven't had a chance to find a Vista Genomics to check yet.
I'm pretty sure that's guaranteed... However, I'd probably cash them in before Thursday!

2000ly is a huge distance out. I'm hoovering up first discoveries about 500ly from the Bubble (one carrier jump).
Especially from Colonia, what with fewer people there to start with and more stars anyway it's easy to find unvisited systems much closer - I'm about 150 ly out from there right now, and although there are plenty of discovered systems at that distance finding unexplored ones is easy enough too.

Especially from Colonia, what with fewer people there to start with and more stars anyway it's easy to find unvisited systems much closer - I'm about 150 ly out from there right now, and although there are plenty of discovered systems at that distance finding unexplored ones is easy enough too.
Of course for exobiology they only need to be unvisited since Odyssey. Atmospheric planets were unlandable in Horizons, so the important feature is whether a "first footfall" has been recorded in the system map. As confirmation on landing you should get "first footfall" yourself if the life on the planet is going to have extra value.

Of course for exobiology they only need to be unvisited since Odyssey. Atmospheric planets were unlandable in Horizons, so the important feature is whether a "first footfall" has been recorded in the system map. As confirmation on landing you should get "first footfall" yourself if the life on the planet is going to have extra value.
Out in the Black, those Biological Signals are practically everywhere.

maybe it is just lag but it's possible the elite ranking has been fixed. I handed in 100m credits worth of data and my progress bar barely moved , I would say under a 5% jump on the progress bar from geneticist to elite. I was expecting a 50% jump. either ingot my maths very wrong, there is lag updating it or it has been rebalanced. if it is the latter that is much better imo

maybe it is just lag but it's possible the elite ranking has been fixed. I handed in 100m credits worth of data and my progress bar barely moved , I would say under a 5% jump on the progress bar from geneticist to elite. I was expecting a 50% jump. either ingot my maths very wrong, there is lag updating it or it has been rebalanced. if it is the latter that is much better imo
Hope so, I've gone from Ecologist to Elite this weekend.

Here's the latest rip-off figure. Vista is saying it's paying out more money than it really is.

TL;DR the dialogue box from the Vista representative is overstating what you get by 2.5 times. (I have a crewmember takes 8% profit share, but even so Vista is massively underpaying compared to what they say)

Presenting the set of data, my items sold today:

vista ripoff 2.jpg

Now, it may be something to do with selling on a carrier, but it still seems a huge reduction. Would they really cream off more than you actually get to keep??

Top Bottom