Have Vista Genomics gone mad?

Great, I'm glad they kept the big first-finder bonus. That will make sure it's not worth following anyone else's equivalent of "road to riches".
wait so it was the numbers that were stated that were correct and the payments which were wrong? I guess I need to sack off treading old paths and actually go explore properly then. as you say front loading 1st discoveries does make sense.

wait so it was the numbers that were stated that were correct and the payments which were wrong? I guess I need to sack off treading old paths and actually go explore properly then. as you say front loading 1st discoveries does make sense.
Can we put in a ticket to get the missing credits from our last few days' payouts?

out of curiosity how far out of the bubble does one need to go to get mostly unsurfaced scanned systems now? I would not mind getting some 1st founds but I am also involved in the hauling CGs so not got time to go 5000ly into the black just now.

thanks.

out of curiosity how far out of the bubble does one need to go to get mostly unsurfaced scanned systems now? I would not mind getting some 1st founds but I am also involved in the hauling CGs so not got time to go 5000ly into the black just now.

thanks.
I find 500ly is plenty. Look for planets with no "first footfall". A smaller distance might also be OK; I just went one carrier jump.

I find 500ly is plenty. Look for planets with no "first footfall". A smaller distance might also be OK; I just went one carrier jump.
I am sure there is plenty of bubble planets without First Footfall as well. But yes, 8-10 jumps in a random direction with an explorer ship and you will be hitting new discoveries for sure.

thanks. up until now I have always played elite with strict rules regarding credit earnings . as such despite pushing 3000 hrs in I have less than half the cost of a carrier. so I will be doing it the old fashioned way :)

indeed it is because I one day want a carrier I have decided to hell with it and am just going for it on the credits front. if I carried on my way of playing I will never get one.

Even footfall planets have discoveries. The fact is most just didn't bother with exobio previously, especially if it's even slightly hard to find.

thanks.
If you are talking about planets, which are unmapped? few hundreds ly.
Planets without scanned exobiology? Even in bubble.

But back to topic... I raised a ticket for my missing credits.
Will see, how it ends.

The Ticket has been closed with the Solution, that there is a known bug and bio data „[…] shown prior to handing in bio data is far higher than what you should actually be rewarded […]“

No money rain for me…

The Ticket has been closed with the Solution, that there is a known bug and bio data „[…] shown prior to handing in bio data is far higher than what you should actually be rewarded […]“

No money rain for me…
Yeah, no. See the discussion, the payments were lower than the stated reward at Vista:

so I just got back from getting a bunch of 1st footfalls and novel exo scans. I have to say I really think frontloading the payments onto 1st discoveries is a great plan. it means to make the Megabucks it is more advantages to actually discover stuff yourself rather than blindly followi g a guide.
following a guide is still lucrative but actually finding new stuff is how you make the bigmony.

good work FD

I would actually run with this logic. maybe FD should consider some new "old school" exploration tweaks.

my suggestion. keep base.payments as they are now... but on top of that add say a 5x multiplier on 1st descoveried from what is given now, then..... on top of that maybe a further 2x modifier on top of all of that for completely scanned (Inc DSS) systems.

but for goodness sake FD learn your lesson and rejig the exploration rank requirements BEFORE it goes live.

on top of that..... I would put a new cartographer mission type on the mission board where players are tasked with flying out and finishing off scans of incomplete systems to try to reduce the number of cherry picked systems.

Current base payouts are broken, but I love idea of x5 for first discoveries.
Sorry, but situation, when the cheapest species can be worthy more than few earthlikes is absurd.

Of course it is "cool" for people, which never tried exploration, but money is 1 thing. Differences in income between payouts are other things.

You know, how broken it is, if you compare values. After 4 years, and 1,8m ly I discovered 150 earthlikes (so maybe 750m in data). Meanwhile with current goldrush one planet can be worthy dozens millions.

But I see, this is some stupid strategy.

On foot combat pay better than space combat.
On foot exploration pay better than space exploration.

Shame, that in both scenarios on foot has smaller risk, and entry level.

They could also add more bio types and let people find really new species. New in terms of „First ever discovered in the galaxy“ and Not „oh jea, u are the first who found a known species on this Planet“

They could, but I remember adding new mineral- trit to hotspots in rings.

Who know, maybe adding new bio types without re-generation of other bio types on all planets isn't possible? Or who know, maybe it would require regeneration of surfaces?

Top Bottom