Help to test this : After a fleet carrier jump, you are left outside of the carrier

Jumped FC, game crashed to ps4 error report page. As above mentioned by @[PS4]Cmdr ArrowRiver , when loading game again, I get corrupted save data message. Back in game, key bindings are reset to default. I appeared 20km away from FC.
Need to exit game and download settings from psn.

Any issue tracker on this to vote?

Jumped FC, game crashed to ps4 error report page. As above mentioned by @[PS4]Cmdr ArrowRiver , when loading game again, I get corrupted save data message. Back in game, key bindings are reset to default. I appeared 20km away from FC.
Need to exit game and download settings from psn.

Any issue tracker on this to vote?
Thanks for confirming it. Nasty, it corrupts key bindings, and this should get voted and fixed asap.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Yeh this just happened to me.

Jumped my carrier and ended up off the carrier 20km away.

I seem to recall both PC and Xbox commanders getting the same so might be cross platform on Odyssey Compatibility Horizons patch and Odyssey on PC?

Last edited:

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Oddly this morning I logged in having made no jump whatsoever, I was undocked 20km away!

I was docked last night. What's going on?

So... is this getting to be a thing? I will need to jump myself soon, I will let you know what happens. Someone, soon, will need to have some answers for us.

Is there another thread where people reported/noticed this? How is this flying under the radar?

So... is this getting to be a thing? I will need to jump myself soon, I will let you know what happens. Someone, soon, will need to have some answers for us.

Is there another thread where people reported/noticed this? How is this flying under the radar?
Try jumping without being docked by someone (disable docking by others) (unless your alt ship is already docked).

Just a check if 'clean' jumps will cause this or not. If it's not an issue, you may not want to run this test (by asking someone to dock at your FC), as your FC may run into all sorts of unexpected ship ejects afterward.

Oddly this morning I logged in having made no jump whatsoever, I was undocked 20km away!

I was docked last night. What's going on?
I'm still trying to figure out how to get the FC out of this condition, for example, restarting PS4, testing to jump a few times and see if it resets, etc. Perhaps it's a certain time out. Can't figure out yet.

Last edited:
A thing that helps is to dock at the station you are planning to send the fleet carrier to and remote jump it. Remember your fuel scoop ☺

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
A thing that helps is to dock at the station you are planning to send the fleet carrier to and remote jump it. Remember your fuel scoop ☺
I am planning a long trip into the black (no stations) will be interesting if I need to keep checking my alt is still on the carrier....

@Alpenniless if I leave my alt docked and completely logged off while I jump on my main will the be a chance of them getting ejected each jump the carrier does. I have an 18 jump today but, don't want the alt kicked off...

Last edited:
I am planning a long trip into the black (no stations) will be interesting if I need to keep checking my alt is still on the carrier....
The alt should be on the carrier if it remains inactive. The moment you check it, is when it brings trouble ! That is my experience so far.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
The alt should be on the carrier if it remains inactive. The moment you check it, is when it brings trouble ! That is my experience so far.
Yeh so not sure if I should leave it completely alone till all jumps complete or check the alt account every jump. As I don't want to get to the destination and find my alt was booted off back in the bubble. 😂

Pain in the backside this is.

status update...
After turning it off after setting a jump... then coming back to it later and then starting the game...
No longer am spawning out side FC I am spawning back inside so "time" with out use has reset to being back in side..
As stated by others this is with no activity from the other people on the FC at the same time as me so it can self recover still...

So you mean to say log out before the jump and wait for the countdown to finish before logging back in? Edit: I have my FC docking set to none ATM.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
So you mean to say log out before the jump and wait for the countdown to finish before logging back in? Edit: I have my FC docking set to none ATM.
I mean other PS commanders on board but, it should also work for the person running the jumps.

I did 16 jumps last night, only crashed once and bugged once (had to relog).

I only ended up off the carrier when the crash occured.

Top Bottom