Hey Cmdr! Why don't you have a cool paint job?

Actually that was better since you said I went to school at least. In your case that maybe not the case.

Oops. I'm afraid I am going to have to call you out on your pitiful attempt at an education-related insult.

Your first sentence is woefully lacking in appropriate punctuation and clumsily repetitive with your use of 'since' and 'at least'. Here:

Actually, that was better - at least you said I went to school.

Your second sentence is even worse. Again, no punctuation and you seem to be confused on the difference between 'maybe' and 'may be'. Here:

1. In your case, that may not be the case.
or
2. In your case, maybe that is not the case.

While at least these are grammatically correct, they still sound a bit rubbish with the repetition of 'case' in such a short sentence.

So perhaps brush up on your grammar, punctuation, verb tenses, and expand your vocabulary a bit before tossing out education-based insults?

@OP's title... I do have a cool ship kit! Well, actually, I have a few. My most recent acquisition... came free, with the Base Game & DLC after a few short weeks of simply playing. Yay!

TL-DR - didn't read.
I realize this is a common thought but I don't recall a lot of these types of posts here. If they become commonplace I'll likely move along. If you don't want to read it, move on. No need to comment "TL-DR" or whatever version of meme you prefer.

Idk how I missed the post you quoted but man..

Hitting the cap is really spectacularly easy.
I've accumulated around 200 Arx since launch and I've played every week. So it ain't happening for me. Hitting the cap might be spectacularly easy if you either play FOR Arx or just happen to be doing the activities that give out Arx, I dunno. What I'm sure of is that by "just playing the game" it is ALSO spectacularly easy to make next to nothing.

I realize this is a common thought but I don't recall a lot of these types of posts here. If they become commonplace I'll likely move along. If you don't want to read it, move on. No need to comment "TL-DR" or whatever version of meme you prefer.
At least 4 people disagree.

The other 3996 could just have been following my advice. Well, apart from the 25 who liked the OP. Who knows what the other 3971 thought? 🤷‍♀️

You can pretty it up however you want but lets be honest here, your response to OP was a little lame, all it shows is your distinct lack of reading ability. Maybe if the OP had added pictures, would that have helped you comprehend what the OP was saying? :D

You can pretty it up however you want but lets be honest here, your response to OP was a little lame, all it shows is your distinct lack of reading ability. Maybe if the OP had added pictures, would that have helped you comprehend what the OP was saying? :D
And we're in to the ad hominem. Cool argument bro.

I just skimmed the OP. ARX, tick. Paint jobs, tick. Moan moan moan... Nothing to see here, move along.

I stand by my assessment.

Well then you did read it, see you can comprend big words and sentences - congratulations :D
Thanks to the ghost of forums future here I have completely changed my view. This post was absolutely the best post I've seen on these forums ever. Full. Stop.
Insightful. Witty. Moving. Ironic.
Would read several times over. 100/10. Michellin ten stars.

I'd like to support Elite Dangerous by buying additional commanders with the same account, even if I never use them.
I just can't be bothered having more than a single private e-mail account (and more then a single credit card, which obviously places me outside of the US).
The only "paint job" I'd pay for without hesitation is black matte spray for the cockpit/bridge and a cleaning spray for the canopy.

Sure does look like I poked the bear here a bit!

Let's clarify a couple things about this...

What this is NOT about:
  • Not getting things for free
  • Getting things for free, because that's... just silly.
  • Whether or not one is equipped with adequate self-control
What this IS about:
  • Charging a full AAA game price on a title that feels woefully not "feature complete" at launch, and then,
  • Charging nearly that price again for an "optional" - but lets be honest, pretty much required if you don't want to be hugely disadvantaged - DLC that adds those features that feel pretty central to the game, and then,
  • Charging more money still for cosmetics, which can only be purchased with real money, which is fine, since it's just aesthetic and no one has to buy them, but then,
  • Obscuring the real money cost of these micro-transactions with an arbitrary middle-man currency, and pushing it to the center of attention by claiming "just keep playing the way you always do, and you'll earn <enough to point out but still an ultimately negligible amount of> ARX!"
This sort of behavior has become commonplace in the game industry. Everywhere you look, there's controversy about the shady ways studios are digging every nickel and dime out of players that they can. Is Frontier free to engage in the same practices? Sure. And they should be called out for it accordingly, just like everyone else. That's all.
Let's see... They are actively developing the game since 7 years with 70-100 developers, plus support, QA (just a bad joke) and all the other people required to run a company. They are releasing major updates every 4-5 months with free content for both, owners of the base game and Horizons. They have server costs and never asked you to pay a penny apart from the initial release. They gave you the option to earn paintjobs by playing the game (=by having fun) which happens to be the only additional income they get.
Having paid cosmetics is something the community decided during the time of the DDF. FDEV also made it very clear that stuff like planetary landings and other significant updates will be a paid expansion before the game even was released.
I can blame FDEV for a lot of things. Placeholders, questionable design decisions, bugs, bad communication, etc. But I can't call them a shady money grabbing company, I'd say their business model is entirely fair.

If they would be the evil company some people want them to be we had pay to win mechanics like instant shield generation. Credits for money. Extra hull hardness. Loot boxes. Bored of SC transition? Just buy the SC booster pack. Etc.

No. That's literally exactly how the game works now.

Plus 400 a week gets you 20,800 ARX per year for free dollars and zero cents. That's what, $15 bucks a year worth for doing basically nothing when before a couple months ago you got exactly zero free store stuff per year?
Hey, that's more than you need to pay for the game on a sale. Essentially Frontier is giving you more money for playing the game than you have to pay to play it. Such shady tactics!

I suggest you go back to school, if you have ever gone to one (since you resorted to personal attacks ... see that's easy). Arguing that I can technically play ED without paying extra is like drinking any amount of the coffee cup but not the whole cup. These are part of the game and accordingly I should not be charged to pay for them or do some work for the coffee shop owner to be allowed to drink the rest.
So playing a game is the equivalent of working for a shop owner?
I believe you better stop with that argument before it gets even more silly.

Top Bottom