Hey Cmdr! Why don't you have a cool paint job?

Of course it's a feature.

It's a cosmetic feature that does not limit gameplay in any fashion whatsoever if you don't have it.

As for the time requirements:

There was infinitely more time requirement prior to arx.

Because you didn't get any at all.

Not if the base game does not have any skins at all (don't mind the default). It's like one thing is missing from the game. If I buy an rpg game, the base game contains some extra free skins for the character in-game. Some "extra" maybe for money, but you have skins included in the base game. That's not the case in Elite.

I suggest you go back to school, if you have ever gone to one (since you resorted to personal attacks ... see that's easy).
If it's so easy one would expect you could have at least done better than just repeating what I said back to me, but more clumsily.

Arguing that I can technically play ED without paying extra is like drinking any amount of the coffee cup but not the whole cup.
No, it's not. You have no rationale for it. You can play all of ED without cosmetics.

These are part of the game and accordingly I should not be charged to pay for them
First of all cosmetics are not something you're entitled to and second of all, "charged to pay for them" makes no sense.

or do some work for the coffee shop owner to be allowed to drink the rest.
Again, your analogy fails to make sense. At no point during gameplay does somebody need to pay additional money to continue to play.

If your altogether terrible analogy is trying to stretch for DLC, well that's also a failure. You bought a coffee but you wanted an espresso shot too - the espresso shot is the DLC, I feel I need to explain this to you - if you buy a coffee, you can drink it, but don't expect more than you ordered. You don't get the espresso shot unless you pay for it.

Not if the base game does not have any skins at all (don't mind the default). It's like one thing is missing from the game. If I buy an rpg game, the base game contains some extra free skins for the character in-game. Some "extra" maybe for money, but you have skins included in the base game. That's not the case in Elite.
Wrong...u get a free skin just for finishing the tutorials. U get free skins over time by just playing the game.

What YOU want is instant gratifications and giveaways because you purchased the game. You got exactly that...nothing more or less. This isnt lala-Land where roasted pigeons just fly into your mouth because u are allowed to stay in lala-land

Sorry to say, but yes, some do...and more than a coffee...it's the generation of instagramers, so called "influencers" and just entitled people who expect free stuff all the time.
Sad state of affairs.
Those aren't people, those are walking, talking billboards.

I mean you could attach any qualifier to my very simple statement. What if they owned the coffee shop? What if they saved the owner's children's lives from a fire the previous day? What if they were dying of an exotic poison and coffee was the only thing that could save their life? Hell, I get free coffee at my breakfast place sometimes because I've been bringing friends in there for years.

But the basic concept is that if you want a thing, you have to pay for the thing. A business can't just give everything away and then continue to be a business.

Hi Ziggy!
Hi Frontier!
We got a lot of cool paintjobs, they are 5 bucks a piece.
Oh, let me see. Hmm, I'll have the red T6 one please. Here's a fiver
And here's your paintjob, thanks for your business, see you again!

Say Frontier!
Hi Ziggy, what's up?
The paintjob looks great, I want to buy one for the Orca as well.
Just so you know, you can now also acquire paintjobs in a different way.
What different way?
If you let us kick you in the balls, you'll get a paintjob for the Orca, no extra cost.
Unm ... if it's all the same to you, I'll pay the fiver.
It's all the same to us, enjoy your paintjob.

In both scenarios I pay a fiver for the paintjob.

If it's so easy one would expect you could have at least done better than just repeating what I said back to me, but more clumsily.

Actually that was better since you said I went to school at least. In your case that maybe not the case.

No, it's not. You have no rationale for it. You can play all of ED without cosmetics.

Yes, it is. I can technically play but not enjoy all the features. Just because you say I do not have rationale doesn't mean I don't. (you're not the center of the universe).

First of all cosmetics are not something you're entitled to and second of all, "charged to pay for them" makes no sense.

Cosmetics are part of any game. Stripping your character of anything, but one default ugly skin and then charging you for skins is the thing that doesn't make sense.

Again, your analogy fails to make sense. At no point during gameplay does somebody need to pay additional money to continue to play.

Again with your subjective opinions. Doesn't make sense to you, who cares?

If your altogether terrible analogy is trying to stretch for DLC, well that's also a failure. You bought a coffee but you wanted an espresso shot too - the espresso shot is the DLC, I feel I need to explain this to you - if you buy a coffee, you can drink it, but don't expect more than you ordered. You don't get the espresso shot unless you pay for it.

Treating a skin like an expansion like horizon or beyond is the failure here. You can simply compare prices even .. see how much you paid for horizons and how many skins you get for that money.
You do not have to respond to me if you don't agree. Simple as that .. I see that you have this urge to "emerge victorious" by insulting others and prove that you're right in every way saying "you're wrong" "your analogy failes" ..etc I did the same to show you that I can do that as well. Either Learn how to deal with different opinions or you can simply not reply to them.

Hi Ziggy!
Hi Frontier!

Say Frontier!
Hi Ziggy, what's up?
What different way?
If you let us kick you in the balls, you'll get a paintjob for the Orca, no extra cost.

The only question is, why is Frontier so keen on kicking people in the balls? 😅

Cardealer: Here's your new car, in alpine white just as in the brochure.
Me: Nice, but you have them in red now too I see, I want that!
Cardealer: No problem but you'll have to pay for the paintjob.
Me: What? It's not for free? And what about that extra spoiler, don't tell me I have to pay for that too!!!

Ugh, Fdev is horrible.......

Btw, what's new in store today?

Wrong...u get a free skin just for finishing the tutorials. U get free skins over time by just playing the game.

What YOU want is instant gratifications and giveaways because you purchased the game. You got exactly that...nothing more or less. This isnt lala-Land where roasted pigeons just fly into your mouth because u are allowed to stay in lala-land

I get a free ship kit after 2 years yaaaaaaaay that give me a sense of pride and accomplishment really. How dare me to ask for something that was deliberately stripped out of the game and charged for separately. You can go and spend 100 dollars on bobbleheads or wait 3 years to get 2 paintjobs skins as I see you have a lot of patience but you will never make that sound normal or plausible at all.

I get a free ship kit after 2 years yaaaaaaaay that give me a sense of pride and accomplishment really. How dare me to ask for something that was deliberately stripped out of the game and charged for separately. You can go and spend 100 dollars on bobbleheads or wait 3 years to get 2 paintjobs skins as I see you have a lot of patience but you will never make that sound normal or plausible at all.
Okay...then tell me pretty please with FREE sugar on top. How long do you think should it take to get a shipkit?

I never realized that so many people actually play Elite Dangerous for the freebees.
I play because the game is fun, with or without freebees.

Hi Ziggy!
Hi Frontier!

Say Frontier!
Hi Ziggy, what's up?
What different way?

Alright but in this case it doesn't cost a kick in the balls. Its free.

Something that I will once again remind everyone was NEVER AN OPTION IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Stop exaggerating this. You are only ruining your own point. It takes a few months to get a free ship skin.

Which:

Something that I will once again remind everyone was NEVER AN OPTION IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Top Bottom