Highland Cattle Size Adjustment PLEASE

Like many people, the Highland Cattle was my most anticipated animal in the Barnyard Animal Pack. I was really looking forward to seeing them in the game. However, I am extremely disappointed that they seem to be laughably small sized in game compared to real life.

Now the Highland Cattle is by no means a big bovine. It’s a mid sized cow, that much is true. But the size of the model in game (from what I’ve seen) puts it at the same size as the sheep, which is definitely not the case for a Highland Cattle. In real life, they just look bigger and beefier (pardon the pun), whereas at the moment they look puny.

I would be very grateful to Frontier of they made this animal bigger in game to reflect their real-life counterparts. Then I could look forward to using them in my zoos.

For reference, some Highland Cattle sizes in comparison to humans:

60AEB9DC-C208-4552-BFD3-B7CE4EC38DBE.jpeg

88F16194-CFBB-4E06-B933-482D889AE4EF.jpeg

51260E0F-21CB-4419-98A0-E09507496772.jpeg

69686B0B-F3D3-4925-93A8-23B5F3D76D4B.jpeg

68DEA717-440E-4CC3-8696-EF439A76FD70.jpeg

The images look like the large variety. I read that they typically get to 47 inches (119.38 cm). I'm 69 inches (172.72 cm) tall, so the cow reaches my stomach, right under my ribcage. I don't think they're horribly tiny, to be honest

I don’t think the HEIGHT is the problem. They aren’t as tall as they should be, but they aren’t TOO far off.
My problem is that they just look small ALL ROUND. They need to be longer and broader, with bigger heads. These animals can be quite intimidating, but at the moment they look the same size as a dog.

I don’t think the HEIGHT is the problem. They aren’t as tall as they should be, but they aren’t TOO far off.
My problem is that they just look small ALL ROUND. They need to be longer and broader, with bigger heads. These animals can be quite intimidating, but at the moment they look the same size as a dog.
Yes i think that is my main issue with them as well (apart from the skin). They look tiny because they are not thick enough 😂

I just commented in the Spring DLC thread about this, glad to see others were just as surprised as me about the size of the cows! I think if they've based it on a miniature version of the cow that should have been in the species name.

Also from some quick reading, it seems that 100 years ago the species was larger - so selective breeding is making them smaller. That goes against the heritage breeds Frontier have picked for the rest of the pack and the importance of preserving the gene pool and not corgi-fying the poor animal

Sorry for being on a bit of a rant here (! I'm not mad I'm just disappointed lol) but the animal sign for the HC is by far the largest of the group, larger than the donkey. But the animal is possibly even smaller than the sheep

Top Bottom