Highland Cattle Size Adjustment PLEASE

Alright finnnneeeeee, the cow could be a bit bigger but I still stand my ground that the miniature cow is completely suitable for petting zoos which it was likely based around.

I agree I actually like the miniature cow. I got to hand it to frontier on that one much more suitable for children in a petting zoo.
5AA9EA89-ACC7-4DDD-8EFC-E6FE16B55873.jpeg

As impressive as this big guy is he does look intimidating to small children.

Alright finnnneeeeee, the cow could be a bit bigger but I still stand my ground that the miniature cow is completely suitable for petting zoos which it was likely based around.
It is. But then my confusion is worsened further, since they deliberately chose larger ‘standard’ breeds over miniature breeds for other animals such as the goat, pig and donkey. So why make the coo, the one that SHOULDN’T be a miniature breed, smaller? It’s confusing to me and very disappointing

Interestingly, the zoopedia suggests that they have chosen the standard breed:

1000019549.jpg

These measurements match the size range for standard breeds.

I'm exactly average height for UK women so they should come up to boob/shoulder height on me.

This is not the case though:

1000019506.jpg

That's a bull btw.

So the model is undersized according to Frontier's own definition of the animal and its measurements.

It looks great and I don't mean to complain, I'm happy, but the fact is that its an undersized model and I do think it would look better if sized up just a little.

Last edited:
It just seems so strange to me then that they have chosen purposefully larger goat, donkey and pig species INSTEAD of the more popular and widespread miniatures. Yet they’ve chosen the MINIATURE Highland Cattle for seemingly no reason.
I assumed this was less of a choice and more of a way to do things quickly with less resources

does the "bangs" hide the entirety of the adults eyes?
Hmm good Q, I need to take another look to be sure but it is floppy and uses alpha channels (graphic design term for textures that have layers of opacity/transparency - good for designing furry/hairy textures that stand out as three dimensional) - in short, I'm pretty sure the eyes are there underneath and you can see them from certain angles. It's not like the hair is like, glued down on their faces

@Villanelle I don’t believe so. Despite what zoopedia says they really don’t seem to be all that big surprisingly. Maybe the weight can be up there but the height from what I’ve seen definitely seems on the shorter side.
6787262E-AA89-464F-A1A4-434237CADD60.jpeg

Miniatures
B71AFEDE-887D-4C2D-A0C1-64AFA5F5E9E1.jpeg

Full size

Hmm good Q, I need to take another look to be sure but it is floppy and uses alpha channels (graphic design term for textures that have layers of opacity/transparency - good for designing furry/hairy textures that stand out as three dimensional) - in short, I'm pretty sure the eyes are there underneath and you can see them from certain angles. It's not like the hair is like, glued down on their faces
Yeah thats what i thought, i wish they wouldve made it a bit more apparent though

I still don't know what to think about this issue, but I would recommend those who think it is too small to report it on the issue tracker. Since most of the community managers were fired, we don't know if Frontier is still reading feedback from this forum...

Top Bottom