Holding Umbrage with Huayangosaurus Being Resold

I have come to the conclusion that the best option is just to remove Huayangosaurus completely from the game.

Who the hell flaunts a receipt for doing charity. That's the most tacky thing I've ever heard. :ROFLMAO:
What's even more tacky is using a red herring fallacy to personally attack someone and call them entitled because you've run out of actual counterarguments to the issue at hand.

Dark is literally on your side of the debate and they're still calling your out on your logical fallacies, and you're immediately resorting to insults and treating yourself as above everyone else.

This is the nonsense the moderators have been waiting for to give this thread the axe. :rolleyes:

What's even more tacky is using a red herring fallacy to personally attack someone and call them entitled because you've run out of actual counterarguments to the issue at hand.

Dark is literally on your side of the debate and they're still calling your out on your logical fallacies, and you're immediately resorting to insults and treating yourself as above everyone else.

This is the nonsense the moderators have been waiting for to give this thread the axe. :rolleyes:

Thank God this will finally be closed. I've posted countless arguments time and time again, like I even did in that post you're talking about... But you guys just keep repeating yourself over and over without anything new to bring to the table. All your posted arguments have been shot down time and time again.

No one has shut down my arguments yet. They are being backed up by everybody else except you two guys against the world.

I didn't once personally attack anybody. I'm just trying to put things into perspective, how crazy this argument is to begin with. The argument is based on something you don't need to have anything to do with. It's an optinional DLC for a brand new game. There's no point here. Me and Ansem have locked horns in the past over some things, but even we agree on this matter. Haha.

Of course we have evidence that we donate to charity. But why do I need to prove myself to you guys and post it on a dinosaur video game forum, that has nothing to do with the subject. And not all people keep receipts of this stuff after the donation has gone through. I delete almost everything from my mail boxes, that I don't need afterwards. I know what I do and how I live. I couldn't really care less if you guys believe it or not.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Shh, don't point out the illogicity of their "arguments". Besides, I don't know where they come from, but whenever you give to charity here, you always get a receipt. Or at least evidence that you did.

Only the latter is correct. I have the utmost respect for you, our lovely Wailord friend and the others who think it was bad practice by Frontier to re-release existing content for premium price. I simply believe that the improvements in behaviour, skeleton, animation and AI are enough to justify one old dinosaur being part of the deluxe pack. At the same time, I believe that "deluxe" pack would have needed to be more substantial.

Moderation on these forums is largely inconsistent and political.
First and foremost, you sir/madam/other are gentleman/gentlewoman/gentle...other? and a scholar.

To address the second point, I'm mostly up in arms about this not for Huayango itself but because I worry this could not be the only time they attempt something like this. Yes, the changes to the game have been fantastic, and whether or not the game will be amazing is not up for debate. I don't see how it couldn't be amazing. But I fear that if they're trying to sell one JWE 1 species, they could try it again in the future, and I just wonder how many JWE 1 species have to be sold as DLC before the community decides it's unacceptable.

First and foremost, you sir/madam/other are gentleman/gentlewoman/gentle...other? and a scholar.

To address the second point, I'm mostly up in arms about this not for Huayango itself but because I worry this could not be the only time they attempt something like this. Yes, the changes to the game have been fantastic, and whether or not the game will be amazing is not up for debate. I don't see how it couldn't be amazing. But I fear that if they're trying to sell one JWE 1 species, they could try it again in the future, and I just wonder how many JWE 1 species have to be sold as DLC before the community decides it's unacceptable.

See if it's a returning matter, I think it's different. But again I don't really see the point when it's a new game. If they called it "Jurassic World Management" and not JWE2 would it be okay? It's not a part of the game anyway, so it doesn't alter the gameplay and it's not something you have to buy.

Again, it depends on how elaborate such resales are and how much deeper the dinosaurs are. They resell favourites like the dino packs of JWE1? Not gonna buy them, because they were just cosmetic clones. Do the sell DLC of unique dinosaurs with special behaviour depending on their traits? Then yes, I might buy, if I am interested in the dinosaur.

Again, it depends on how elaborate such resales are and how much deeper the dinosaurs are. They resell favourites like the dino packs of JWE1? Not gonna buy them, because they were just cosmetic clones. Do the sell DLC of unique dinosaurs with special behaviour depending on their traits? Then yes, I might buy, if I am interested in the dinosaur.
I don't think it matters that much. Reselling an old dino with 0 changes and branding it as "deluxe" is something I find to be highly questionable.

This thread has done nothing but go in circles since it started. The arguments are personal, as they're simply over 2 subjective opinions, nothing else. Therefore are kinda silly to have round and round every day, increasingly mroe aggressively. Both subjective opinions have merit, I am unhappy they put a dinosaur from the base game of JWE1 into a paid pack, but I also expected them to and I expect them to do it again and again. So, disappointed but it's not unexpected.

I’m starting to get dizzy from going in circles and my wife is giving me side-eye for arguing with people on the internet lol. So this will probably be my last post on this thread.

The reason I’m so “up in arms” about this is that I feel like dev teams catch flak from people for not giving them content for free. It’s often due to a lack of understanding of the time that goes into the work. It’s the old you should sell that painting for less because I want it and that price seems too high. Primarily because the buyer does not understand the hours it took to paint it or how much the artist had to work to build up the skill to be able to paint it in the first place.

I feel like it is wrong to demand the dev teamwork for free. Demanding dinosaurs be free in the new game just because they were in the old game is just that. Everyone here regardless of side agrees work is required to put them in the new game. Either that work is paid or it’s not. There is a fixed amount of time the dev team has to work on the game, they have to prioritize some things while pushing others off to post-launch/DLC projects. The dev team is not lazy, if they are not working on one thing it's because they are working on something else. They are not kicking back with their feet up eating a snack watching TV saying “ehhhh well just make it a paid DLC.”

If you don’t think the team is lazy and you don’t think they should work for free, How do you think they should go about getting compensated for the work they do if not paid DLC?

There is a large amount of talk about precedence, how can there be a precedence, this is literally the preorder and first DLC. It is setting the precedence, and Hyangsaurs may be in DLC specifically so they don’t set the precedent you get all the old ones for free. This is fine by me, they took time to make so the team should get paid for making them.

But regardless of your stance, I’m glad we are all so passionate about this game we clearly love. It is going to be a long two months as I sit here impatiently waiting for the release.

Top Bottom