Holy moly at the exobio pay increase!

yes, I fell it is ok now. Spent 2 hours on 1 planet for 2 species. Got 34 mil total about including bonus.
For all who thinks otherwise - it was 17 mil / hr. Just jumping straight and scan or bulk trade would do more.
So it could be bigger even if we want "balance". But it is fine as is to keep carrier in void forever.
This kind of proves Northpin's point correct. 34 million in just 2 hours for two Exobiology species on one planet. It can take far less than 2 hours to scan 2 species on one planet too. Probably 10 to 15 minutes depending on what they are.

It can take longer than 2 hours to find Systems that will get you more than 34 million in one trip.

Also to add to my above post, I know someone at Canonn has been crunching the numbers and if you know where Aleoida are, you can earn 1 billion credits per hour by scanning first discovered one's,

You cannot do that with Exploration.

yes, I fell it is ok now. Spent 2 hours on 1 planet for 2 species. Got 34 mil total about including bonus.
For all who thinks otherwise - it was 17 mil / hr. Just jumping straight and scan or bulk trade would do more.
So it could be bigger even if we want "balance". But it is fine as is to keep carrier in void forever.
2 hours to scan just 2 specimen? Through how many hoops do you have to jump to succesfully complete one?

I would suggest for devs to add "density multiplier", i.e. if some bacteria happens once per 500 kms - make it base price x5, if it "almost" the same color as surrounding texture - add x2 mult etc. Low planet illumination + same colors - make it x50. :D ...on such planets it can take 7-8 hours to collect 3 samples for 1 bacteria.
So this will reflect that harder to find thing - better it pays.

And THIS is exactly what i meant: 2 hours for only 2 species. That's six scans, lasting only seconds. The rest is running, driving, flying around, searching for that one plant.
Dumb gameplay imo. THIS is what needs to be improved.
btw... if you find more scans in the same time, the effect is also a raising income, but you could have more fun, more PLAYING the game in the same time.

I don't know why some people are actually complaining that the payouts are too high. Fdev said in a recent live stream that the payout increase would be substantial. Fdev even posted in galnet that the payouts would be increased.

The Exobiology payouts now are actually more in line with other top moneymakers like mining and combat, which is a good thing. Not sure why some people are actually complaining about the much needed financial buff to a more "dry" endeavor. Thank you Fdev!

I don't know why some people are actually complaining that the payouts are too high. Fdev said in a recent live stream that the payout increase would be substantial. Fdev even posted in galnet that the payouts would be increased.

The Exobiology payouts now are actually more in line with other top moneymakers like mining and combat, which is a good thing. Not sure why some people are actually complaining about the much needed financial buff to a more "dry" endeavor. Thank you Fdev!
Hold your horses. Sally already said those numbers don't look right and they'll look into it.

Also to add to my above post, I know someone at Canonn has been crunching the numbers and if you know where Aleoida are, you can earn 1 billion credits per hour by scanning first discovered one's,

You cannot do that with Exploration.
That's impossible. You don't know where they are in advance if they're "first discovered" when you find them!

That's how it works here.
2 people whistle and Sally jumps through the hoop.
FDev must have had something in mind when it came to the payouts, right?

I know why. It's because other people are getting the payouts!

This won't continue. Some of us have been storing up exo data since the buffing was announced two weeks ago. Now we're back to just slowly exploring.

Last edited:
That's impossible. You don't know where they are in advance if they're "first discovered" when you find them!
You can have a rough guess where some species will be though, based on planetary type. You won't know where they are, no but if you jump into systems, look for tenuous atmospheric planets and then scan them, you can probably get through a few in a pretty quick time if you only focus on the high-paying one's. 1 billion in a hour is extreme, I grant you but many species have the same payout as Aleoida do, so you can still make a lot of money from Exobiology in a pretty quick timeframe if you know what you're looking for.

It's about the rank progression for me.

as above, pay seems comparable to other activities - so thats balanced.
i'd agree the imbalance is the ranking... perhaps they 'forgot' to increase ranking levels.

so, id vote, keep new payouts, but also increase ranking levels... `
not as much as payout increase, e.g. say payout is 10x , perhaps make ranking levels 3x?

of course, no change is going to please everyone... but thats the price of progress.
(and it is a game at the end of the day ;) )
I would second that one ! (y)

You can have a rough guess where some species will be though, based on planetary type. You won't know where they are, no but if you jump into systems, look for tenuous atmospheric planets and then scan them, you can probably get through a few in a pretty quick time if you only focus on the high-paying one's. 1 billion in a hour is extreme, I grant you but many species have the same payout as Aleoida do, so you can still make a lot of money from Exobiology in a pretty quick timeframe if you know what you're looking for.
OK, knowing the right planets to look for is certainly a valid part of the exobiology technique. Give us a link to this "1 billion per hour" though, because I still don't believe it. I think it's just made up to cause mischief when FD are trying to balance things.

Last night I had 1.7 billion from about 2 weeks' exobiology - and I know what I'm doing when looking for space plants.

Don't nerf the exobiology payouts! :)

I seriously hope not. While I am more interested in ranking up, many other commanders are looking for lucrative non combat solutions that pay well. The "substantial" buff to Exobiology the community managers spoke about in the latest live stream makes this much more feasible now. I don't think they will nerf it after they just said they'd increase the payouts substantially, but who knows...

OK, knowing the right planets to look for is certainly a valid part of the exobiology technique. Give us a link to this "1 billion per hour" though, because I still don't believe it. I think it's just made up to cause mischief when FD are trying to balance things.
Hmm. 5 minutes per plant seems a reasonable estimate for time to sample, in my experience. Best plants (anything above mid-range before) are capped at 16.7 million each, x5 for first discovery. So that's 12 plants per hour, at 80 million per plant, would be close to a billion, but that's not counting the time needed to fly to the planets you need to get the data, even if you do know roughly where they are.

With a proper route plan for probable first discoveries and a bit of practice I don't think 500 million/hour would be impossible, though.

Top Bottom