News Horizons Release Date – Tuesday 15th December

p15j1ku.jpg

A little off topic... but after the release to PC on the 15th, will the team be focusing more with horizons and xbox? Is there any, unofficial, release to xbox? 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 4 months, early 2016, mid 2016 late 2016, etc?

Thanks and great work!

Hi Everyone,

Beta is going very well – the team have been working hard and have made great progress. Thanks to all those that have been helping us - a great many improvements have been included already, with another update (Beta 5) expected tomorrow, with more tweaks and changes.

We have worked very hard to ensure forward & backward compatibility so that all players of both seasons can play in the same galaxy together.

After every Elite Dangerous release we have taken care to listen and reacted to all feedback, and Elite Dangerous: Horizons will follow exactly the same process. Included with Horizons will be multiple expansions of which Planetary Landings will be the first.

All going well, we plan to launch Horizons with Planetary Landings on Tuesday (15th December – you heard it here first!). This will initially be termed an ‘Early Access’ release to highlight our normal process to our broad audience, some of whom have been with us since the start, but many have joined our community very recently.

We’ve put together a beta gameplay trailer here, for those that don’t have yet the beta, and here is a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX_E6jCGusM

Thank you everyone for your support, and your tickets and reports, and I look forwards to seeing you in the game! (I’m CMDR BRABEN).

RIGHT ON COMMANDER!

David
Well sir hats off to what your team has accomplished here.

Any idea of the rough order we you will be releasing content for Horizons?

Such as 2.1 Looting and Crafting?

The trailer is great!

My only fear is that Horizons coming out December 15th might not dissuade some of the concerns reviewers have about the game. I know this is an entire season of expansions, but ultimately it'll be reviewed in the state it is at release date.

Food for thought...

So what's the alternative...hold off the release until the end of 2016 when all of the Horizons updates have been implemented? But wait! Then they might as well wait another year until all the updates of Season 3 have been implemented! :p

Last edited:
Hey Bigskill, I've just checked in with our support team for you. :) It will be a Horizons specific key and everyone will need to download the 64 bit version of the game yes. Hope that helps. Thanks, Zac
So does that mean we will have two elites in steam client elite dangerous and elite dangerous horizons. I hope not as we would end up with many different elites in steam client over the ten years or so. I'm hoping the key justs updates elite to elite horizon version within steam and game client.

Last edited:

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
All in all it's going to be a busy day.

Really pleased for those who have been waiting to get the 1.5 & Horizons updates.

Trust me, you'll love it. :D

So does that mean we will have two elites in steam client elite dangerous and elite dangerous horizons. I hope not as we would end up with many different elites over the ten years or so. I'm hoping the key justs updates elite to elite horizon version within steam and game client.

Uninstall the old one? Then hide it?

Do we have the choice of playing 1.5 or Horizons, if we have access to both?

I have the lifetime pass, but my current machine is below the Horizons min specs; so I'd love to play 1.5 normally and give Horizons a go when I want to see how it's looking. Can we switch back and forth?

Great news, Happy Christmas to you too! :)

Just watched the trailer. Very good, gonna watch again in a minute :)

Last night I finished reading one of the Tales from the Frontier stories where a dog fight goes down to the surface around some mines. Great timing to then see a video of similar in action. Available in 1 week! Swoon....

Top Bottom