HOTAS Support

Sony is a more open platform in terms of accessories (for example you can use a button box with Project Cars, you can't on xbox), so I would say this is on the realm of possible :)

I suspect it's way to early to ask this but will the PS4 version support HOTAS?

'generally' hotas support and such on consoles requires console creator to be on board. While games themselves 'can' program direct support it is inefficient at best since they'd need to do it for each and every hotas people want to use.

So as it stands, we've not announced any official support for any hotas on the PlayStation 4 platform. :)

But doesn't this work out of the box? The Hotas keys and axis are just mapped to the controller. My old TFlight HotasX has even the PS3 labels on the buttons.

Again, the only thing to support is the option to map the keys and axis in game. The only "official" thing to support is proving layouts out of the box, which isn't a problem.

If the PS4 supports it now, I don't see any reason why it wont support Elite Dangerous.

Pretty much all features in Elite Dangerous can be assigned to a button on the Controller on Xbox one as well.

Though, the real question is, will PS4 support HOTAS, and I think that is a question that needs to be asked to Sony.

The T-Flight HOTAS 4 is (obviously) a HOTAS so obviously the PS4 supports HOTASs, either that or Thrustmaster are fibbing when they are marketing it for the PS4 as well as PC.

Though, the real question is, will PS4 support HOTAS, and I think that is a question that needs to be asked to Sony.

Just click the link - it's a HOTAS setup for PS4, with PS4 buttons (not PC) ones on it made by Thrustmaster.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmast...8&qid=1481213075&sr=8-1&keywords=ps4+joystick

Unfortunately, the only game listed as being supported is War Thunder :rolleyes: so no idea if it works as a standard controller input converted to HOTAS or if it needs special coding in the game. Only someone who owns it could say if it works in anything else but I don't see why it wouldn't since it has a PC/PS4 mode switch.

Last edited:
The game "War Thunder" supported any joysticks. HOTAS support depends on the willingness of Developer!

The game "War Thunder" supported any joysticks. HOTAS support depends on the willingness of Developer!

Not true, HOTAS is a much requested feature on XboxOne as well, if its up to Frontier, this was a thing already. Microsoft is the one not allowing it.. (Yet)

If HOTAS already works on PS4, i have no doubt it will work with Elite as well. Unless War Thunder is a "one of a kind" situation.

Having tried to use a controller, I have to say HOTAS support is absolutely needed (I have no idea how people play the game with a controller, even mouse and keyboard gives better controll)

Top Bottom