how will space legs handle deaths

So if space legs is going to bring base building, first person shooting and theft of ships how many credits is it going to cost me to re spawn in the game when someone shoots me in the head and steals my ship.

So if space legs is going to bring base building, first person shooting and theft of ships how many credits is it going to cost me to re spawn in the game when someone shoots me in the head and steals my ship.
You probably won't loose your ship as I suspect they won't be stealable. As to when you die, I would have it that you wake up in the nearest infirmiry of a station that can hold your ship. Your ship has been towed to the station.

Something like that. But obviously it will look like teleportation and magic like the scape pods do.

If first person shooting is a large part of the 2020 update that will be the end of the road for me. The last thing I want is to turn Elite into another stupid gore-fest of an FPS game. There are many others to choose from if that is what I wanted. I am actually extremely worried that this is going to be a large part of the focus of the 2020 update and that this will end my time with Elite Dangerous because I don't like ultra-violent games.

If first person shooting is a large part of the 2020 update that will be the end of the road for me. The last thing I want is to turn Elite into another stupid gore-fest of an FPS game. There are many others to choose from if that is what I wanted. I am actually extremely worried that this is going to be a large part of the focus of the 2020 update and that this will end my time with Elite Dangerous because I don't like ultra-violent games.

I suggest not being extremely worried about something that will happen at least a year from now with nothing known about it. ;)

I agree I am worried as well

I suggest not being extremely worried about something that will happen at least a year from now with nothing known about it. ;)

Yeah, well the leaks have been very accurate so far and when I hear FPS and Starship Troopers it makes me think Elite is going to just turn into Call of Duty in space which would totally and utterly ruin the game for me.

If they must add that kind of content to the game I dearly hope it is opt-in like the AX combat. Because I want no part of it. I want Frontier to hear my point of view even though I may be in the minority here.

Why do you think it will be a gore-fest first person shooter? While I want space legs, I don't want just a First Person Shooter slapped on to the game. Anyway you shouldn't worry as the expansion will be optional. Don't want it, don't buy it and continue playing as you are.

No need to throw in the towel if you are happy with the game as it is.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
If they must add that kind of content to the game I dearly hope it is opt-in like the AX combat. Because I want no part of it. I want Frontier to hear my point of view even though I may be in the minority here.
If the 2020 update includes space legs, unless some form of ambulation is also added to the base-game, the fact that the update will be a paid DLC will mean that leaving the pilot's chair will require to be optional - as not all players will necessarily buy the DLC.

Top Bottom