I almost feel bad for Frontier

We don't know for certain as FDev isn't telling us nothing, BUT if the core is being recoded then it will likely work like this:

• The new core will be a free update for everyone, and it could enable many things the current game can't do.
  • The free update will be accompanied by some big DLC and paid content, possibly Space Legs and Base Building for example, which you would have to buy to get.
I'm quite certain we will ALL be getting an update, regardless if we buy the DLC. When Horizons released, EVERYONE got procgen landable planets, but you need the DLC to actually land on those planets. This is one of the reasons the Mac version was killed completely, rather than keeping the base game available on Mac but not the Horizons DLC. The base version also ended up with redesigned ships to accommodate the SRV, even though you need Horizons to actually use an SRV.

I am not sure about it. I watched all videos by David Braben during the kickstarter period. Elite was originally his baby and he had a clear vision of Elite Dangerous too.

For couriosity many things he mentioned during the kickstarter did not found its way into Elite Dangerous even after so many years. So what had happened here?

I am not sure about it. I watched all videos by David Braben during the kickstarter period. Elite was originally his baby and he had a clear vision of Elite Dangerous too.

For couriosity many things he mentioned during the kickstarter did not found its way into Elite Dangerous even after so many years. So what had happened here?
I think it's called the Molyneux Effect, or if it isn't it should be.

We don't know for certain as FDev isn't telling us nothing, BUT if the core is being recoded then it will likely work like this:

• The new core will be a free update for everyone, and it could enable many things the current game can't do.
  • The free update will be accompanied by some big DLC and paid content, possibly Space Legs and Base Building for example, which you would have to buy to get.

Yep, this is how I understand it too.

The base updated code, new graphics etc everyone gets at the point New Era releases.

The DLC being something locked behind the paywall that we’re all speculating what this could possibly be... 🤔 🧐 🤨

You mistook kickstarter pitch for actual development plan. It clearly changed along the dev process.

He relinquished the control of the project and got busy with running the business, probably. The danger of handing over visions to other people is that they will never have the same direction.

Top Bottom