I hope DW2 gets ganked all the way to Beagle Point.

Do you know how many of Mobius members are playing in this PG? I’m a member of this group, and I can tell you: few only. Most of members are playing either in Open or Solo taking all consequences of their choice. I’m PvE player, but I prefer Open, because I like to meet other people instead to play in empty Universe. The special PvE mode, despite your expectations, could be an empty shell, therefore a total waste of time and resources.

You're making my point. Within an actual Open PVE mode, you would be meeting more people as opposed to a PG with a 10 or 20K cap.

Last edited:
I expected a lot more than 30 :)

beside the build, there's also the question of technique. You can land a shieldless boat on a high G planet if you know how.

There were a lot more than 30. 30 was the harvest of the second day. On the first day IIRC there were about 50. Not too bad a percentage. Besides, crashing at The View just gives you a short walk back from Pallaeni. Do your first high g landing in the core, and it becomes interesting.

There were a lot more than 30. 30 was the harvest of the second day. On the first day IIRC there were about 50. Not too bad a percentage. Besides, crashing at The View just gives you a short walk back from Pallaeni. Do your first high g landing in the core, and it becomes interesting.
Good point. If you're going to crash, best do it in your backyard.

You're making my point. Within an actual Open PVE mode, you would be meeting more people as opposed to a PG with a 10 or 20K cap.

Indeed, and your actual point is: because you are too scared to show your nose in open, FD have to create an additional game mode to populate your own Universe.

Edit: There was a statement from FD, that Open is most used mode and in such case your dreamed Open PvE will be empty just like Mobius, because obviously even PvE players prefer to take the risks in Open with more players in exchange of safety of less populated mode. The Open PvE mode will change nothing in players ‘preferences.

Last edited:

Deleted member 115407

D

I don't get it, Danicus. You participated in the Zarek Null event, didn't seem to have any problem with Open.

Now you're bucking for PvE servers? What gives?

None of the CMDRs killed since the start of DW2 need PvE servers. They just need to learn how to stay alive.

Indeed, and your actual point is: because you are too scared to show your nose in open, FD have to create an additional game mode to populate your own Universe.

Edit: There was a statement from FD, that Open is most used mode and in such case your dreamed Open PvE will be empty just like Mobius, because obviously even PvE players prefer to take the risks in Open with more players in exchange of safety of less populated mode. The Open PvE mode will change nothing in players ‘preferences.

So Fleetcom populated by more than 10k players did not have to make a special member agreement of no PVP, and FDEV did not make a special arrangement to restore players killed in a PG. Your claims are not supported by evidence.

What does fear have to do with it? This is simply pixels in a game on a computer screen. While I can only say for myself I am pretty sure I am not the only one. I simply have no interest in PvP, "win" or "lose" I just don't have any interest in shooting or being shot by another player.

I don't get it, Danicus. You participated in the Zarek Null event, didn't seem to have any problem with Open.

Now you're bucking for PvE servers? What gives?

None of the CMDRs killed since the start of DW2 need PvE servers. They just need to learn how to stay alive.

I totally do not have a problem playing in Open.

I play in Open all of the time.

I think it is crap that this game does not have PVE Open like every other MMO.

I think there should be a much more robust, balanced PVP WVW system in this game that actually involves ranking, rewards, skins, decals, AND a minimal if any insurance buy in. If it really is about PVP, don't build it with a focus on Gank mechanics and burst DPS.

This fooling around with special PG to FDEV relationship giving restoration for in PG kills is a horrible, weak effort to offer a PVE alternative to an actual PVE Open server.

The special arrangment between FDEV and Fleetcom says, hey - if you're important - a somebody, we'll give you a PVE experience with lots of other players. If you just bought the game and want a PVE experience where you can meet new people - well - screw you.

You've got to remember - this is a game with dozens of keybindings, HOTAS (helps alot), lots of special secret menu quirks, third party apps. The barrier to participation is huge. In most MMOs, collaboration with other players is the vehicle to learn the mechanics of the game.

This game places the new player in a sharkpool, making this learning curve even more brutal.

In addition, there are simply players that want to be social while they interact with the environment and don't want to do pvp.

From my point of view, this event points out the very real desire for large numbers of players to congregate in a social way while engaging in a PVE experience. FDEV obviously acknowledged that need, and built -on the fly special support to serve the group.

I'm hoping that FDEV realizes that everyone deserves that consideration, not just the favored ones.

Deleted member 115407

D

I think there should be a much more robust, balanced PVP WVW system in this game that actually involves ranking, rewards, skins, decals, AND a minimal if any insurance buy in. If it really is about PVP, don't build it with a focus on Gank mechanics and burst DPS.

This fooling around with special PG to FDEV relationship giving restoration for in PG kills is a horrible, weak effort to offer a PVE alternative to an actual PVE Open server.

The special arrangment between FDEV and Fleetcom says, hey - if you're important - a somebody, we'll give you a PVE experience with lots of other players. If you just bought the game and want a PVE experience where you can meet new people - well - screw you.

You've got to remember - this is a game with dozens of keybindings, HOTAS (helps alot), lots of special secret menu quirks, third party apps. The barrier to participation is huge. In most MMOs, collaboration with other players is the vehicle to learn the mechanics of the game.

This game places the new player in a sharkpool, making this learning curve even more brutal.

In addition, there are simply players that want to be social while they interact with the environment and don't want to do pvp.

From my point of view, this event points out the very real desire for large numbers of players to congregate in a social way while engaging in a PVE experience. FDEV obviously acknowledged that need, and built -on the fly special support to serve the group.

I'm hoping that FDEV realizes that everyone deserves that consideration, not just the favored ones.

That was a well written response.

But FD have already said that they made no such arrangement. They are handling support requests as they always have.

Personally I think any support request for restore that wasn't the cause of a clear bug should be politely and firmly denied.

Just my two-cents.

I mean fine, you can't be bothered to read joe blow's response, but at least read the official word from FD put in this thread, it's not hard, click on the little frontier insignia that appears on the main forum page for this thread.

Personally I think the open-only ship has sailed and I'd see Open, Open-PvE, PG and Solo all sharing the BGS.

Of course it has sailed. But that doesn't stop the same six users creating no less than five separate threads championing it.

Great post! Agree totally.

Hello Commanders,

Just wanted to take a moment to clarify that we deal with each ticket on a case by case basis and being killed in a private group that doesn't allow PVP is not basis for an automatic reimbursal. Our support team will ensure that they (as they always do!) treat each ticket and it's circumstances fairly, and if we can help we will.

Are players killed in Fleetcom PG through PVP having their ships/data/assets restored?

But if there was a PvE (Open) option in the game (which I'd happily pay monthly for!) wouldn't that mean the 10's of 1000's of Mobius etc. players would flock in at the drop of a hat and make PG's just small groups of folk who wanted a good time their way? I'm sure i read somewhere in one of these threads that was exactly what some players wanted... Oh, I forgot - those same players didn't want any PvE only environment anyway :)

Deleted member 115407

D
Are players killed in Fleetcom PG through PVP having their ships/data/assets restored?

That literally says that all cases are treated equally and fairly - no special consideration given for any player or group in particular.

Apparently it was something implied by Fleetcom, which FD in the guise of Paige, later denied, saying it would be case by case as before.
I guess the only way we'll ever know is if someone who gets a restore decides to talk about it - which wouldn't exactly be in their interest.

Seems to me the "best case scenario" (measure of success) for the so called pvpers would be the cancellation of the exploration event. No exploration, no station, we all stay here and fight each other.

I fail to see how would that mean quality entertainment for _all_ the players involved not to mention how would that be a great outcome for Fdev. If it's not - why would anyone be entertained by ruining others' experience? Isn't that kind of psychopatic behavior?

Top Bottom